Powder IN-STOCK thread

XikoPlavi

What a drag it is getting old!
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2021
USA

450s still in stock
It’s funny I checked Natchez at 5am and they had no primers. Anyway, they still have some now. Hodge had varget earlier this morning also

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    So, not powder but loaded ammo. I back ordered 5 cases Berger 6.5 CM, 140 gr Hybrid Target ammo with Creedmoor Sports.....Nov of 2020!!

I was all prepared to joke with their CS manager this coming Nov about hitting the two year mark but son of a gun....they shipped this past week (oh yeah, surprise CC hit but glad to get this stuff). 18 months.

Now I love Creedmoor Sports. Great outfit, great CS. But they simply have gotten pretty much zero of this ammo over the past couple of years from Berger. Also, rather impossible to find .264 140 gr HT bullets.

Not sure what Berger is making these days, but .264 140 HT doesn't seem to be at the top of the list. I asked them about this last Feb and they said that the 140 HT bullets were not even yet on their build list and they were still finishing off hunting bullets!! Now, they did share with me a fact that has impacted their production....it has to do with a c urrent capacity expansion. But after telling me, they went "ooops" and came back to me and asked me not to share this info which of course I will respect. But, hopefully Berger will become more available over the next year.

I should prob open another BO with CS now...but I dont know if I will live long enough to receive! haha

Cheers

Reactions: cooper_257

straightshooter1

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 5, 2017
    AZ
    So, not powder but loaded ammo. I back ordered 5 cases Berger 6.5 CM, 140 gr Hybrid Target ammo with Creedmoor Sports.....Nov of 2020!!

I was all prepared to joke with their CS manager this coming Nov about hitting the two year mark but son of a gun....they shipped this past week (oh yeah, surprise CC hit but glad to get this stuff). 18 months.

Now I love Creedmoor Sports. Great outfit, great CS. But they simply have gotten pretty much zero of this ammo over the past couple of years from Berger. Also, rather impossible to find .264 140 gr HT bullets.

Not sure what Berger is making these days, but .264 140 HT doesn't seem to be at the top of the list. I asked them about this last Feb and they said that the 140 HT bullets were not even yet on their build list and they were still finishing off hunting bullets!! Now, they did share with me a fact that has impacted their production....it has to do with a c urrent capacity expansion. But after telling me, they went "ooops" and came back to me and asked me not to share this info which of course I will respect. But, hopefully Berger will become more available over the next year.

I should prob open another BO with CS now...but I dont know if I will live long enough to receive! haha

Cheers
    It seems to me that Berger has lately focused on hunting rounds like their 156 Elite Hunter for the .264 caliber's. I'll be that as hunting season winds down we'll see a lot more of those 140 hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

Baron23

Check 6
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    It seems to me that Berger has lately focused on hunting rounds like their 156 Elite Hunter for the .264 caliber's. I'll be that as hunting season winds down we'll see a lot more of those 140 hybrids. 🤷‍♂️
    Well, yeah. But this convo was in late Feb. what hunting season are they still loading for was kind of my point.

Last edited:

JsnSanko

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 1, 2011
    Silverdale Washington Sportsman’s has 8# Varget. $366.99. Was one left after I bought one. Get it before I do tomorrow. Seems steep but really only 10% higher than Hodgdon site. Vets discount knocks 5% off

Reactions: Bigrederic

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Silverdale Washington Sportsman’s has 8# Varget. $366.99. Was one left after I bought one. Get it before I do tomorrow. Seems steep but really only 10% higher than Hodgdon site. Vets discount knocks 5% off
    Without clogging this great thread up with banter, if you can find out their wholesale cost on that 8# I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: vlamgat

Im2bent

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2020
    Someone was looking for 50 cal primers a while ago

Reactions: HolmesDefense

ifgator

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2018
    Persistence pays off - after 2 years of trying to get an RL33 8# I played the PV refresh, try again rodeo for 45 minutes and it worked.
    So they sold out and then put a little more out and you nabbed it? Is that common with these online dealers? I’ve missed every single Retumbo sighting and is frustrating as hell.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    No. People added it to their cart and PV gives them about 20 minutes to check out. Some folks never check out and therefore it goes back into the pool. But you have to be quick when it does. It took 3 attempts to nab it during those countdowns. I'm usually not willing to be so persistent but I'm getting desperate and as luck would have it I wasn't too busy working at the time.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS

1# available

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    Yes, they pop up occasionally at the usual locations. If you were looking for a source in-stock right now, forget that.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    Good stuff plus free shipping

John Glidewell

Rag Hole Precision
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Apr 26, 2018
    Reno, NV
    That's weird. Went through the main home page - N555 temporarily unavailable. Click on the hide unavailable and the 1# shows available. Web site flaw.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    So not to try to drag this non-notification thread out too much, something I've noticed over the past year or so during these trying times, is that many of the bigger suppliers will sort of hide the availability of some components initially. For example, I will browse Midway/Brownells/Natchez daily for components, using the "in-stock" filter to just show me what they have at a given moment. But sometimes I'll get a product in-stock notification, be able to add the item to my cart, but if I then go back to browsing in-stock items, that particular item will show as "out of stock." I suspect it's any number of things. On the lame side it's probably just a flaw in their system. On the good side it may be that they are trying to favor customers who set notifications (ie usually repeat customers), letting them get a shot before everyone else does.

So while I still browse with the in-stock filter, I also bookmark specific items that I really need and check the item pages directly from time to time too. That's how I got 16lbs of N570 earlier this year.

SilencedShooter11B

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 1, 2013
    Lexington, SC
    Varget one pounders @ hodgdon

Dstoenner

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Dec 10, 2018
    Holly Springs, NC
    Varget one pounders @ hodgdon

still there, I just got 3 lbs

Ruslow

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2017
    Northwest AR
    To be honest at 50 bucks a pound plus shipping hazmat and tax, to much for my blood! i would like to have some extra but not planning on doing many matches with the cost of EVERYTHING esp diesel! money will be spent on things that are more of an asset than a liability!

SilencedShooter11B

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 1, 2013
    Lexington, SC
    To be honest at 50 bucks a pound plus shipping hazmat and tax, to much for my blood! i would like to have some extra but not planning on doing many matches with the cost of EVERYTHING esp diesel! money will be spent on things that are more of an asset than a liability!

It sucks but literally has not been available in 2+ years in my local shop. There isn’t another reloading supply store within 90 minutes of my location and that option is a big box store that has some .50BMG powder and little else. If it wasn’t for $50/lb Varget and $100/K primers plus Hazmat, I wouldn’t have any options except for $1.20-$1.50+ per round factory ammo. I can load my own .223 and .308 match ammo for half that at current prices so to me it’s still economically feasible

Last edited:
    Reactions: Im2bent

TigernLionGSP

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 22, 2008
    Fl
    looking for some Magnum rifle primers anyone know who got some in-stock
    That I don't have to sell 2 quarts blood for.
    thanks

357Max

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    Marylandistan
    Midsouth has Vit N110 2.2lb’s for $65.
    I just ordered 2 for 300BO & 41/44 mag.

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
    Minuteman