• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Persistence pays off - after 2 years of trying to get an RL33 8# I played the PV refresh, try again rodeo for 45 minutes and it worked.
So they sold out and then put a little more out and you nabbed it? Is that common with these online dealers? I’ve missed every single Retumbo sighting and is frustrating as hell.

No. People added it to their cart and PV gives them about 20 minutes to check out. Some folks never check out and therefore it goes back into the pool. But you have to be quick when it does. It took 3 attempts to nab it during those countdowns. I'm usually not willing to be so persistent but I'm getting desperate and as luck would have it I wasn't too busy working at the time.

1# available

Yes, they pop up occasionally at the usual locations. If you were looking for a source in-stock right now, forget that.

Good stuff plus free shipping

That's weird. Went through the main home page - N555 temporarily unavailable. Click on the hide unavailable and the 1# shows available. Web site flaw.

So not to try to drag this non-notification thread out too much, something I've noticed over the past year or so during these trying times, is that many of the bigger suppliers will sort of hide the availability of some components initially. For example, I will browse Midway/Brownells/Natchez daily for components, using the "in-stock" filter to just show me what they have at a given moment. But sometimes I'll get a product in-stock notification, be able to add the item to my cart, but if I then go back to browsing in-stock items, that particular item will show as "out of stock." I suspect it's any number of things. On the lame side it's probably just a flaw in their system. On the good side it may be that they are trying to favor customers who set notifications (ie usually repeat customers), letting them get a shot before everyone else does.

So while I still browse with the in-stock filter, I also bookmark specific items that I really need and check the item pages directly from time to time too. That's how I got 16lbs of N570 earlier this year.

Varget one pounders @ hodgdon

Varget one pounders @ hodgdon

still there, I just got 3 lbs

To be honest at 50 bucks a pound plus shipping hazmat and tax, to much for my blood! i would like to have some extra but not planning on doing many matches with the cost of EVERYTHING esp diesel! money will be spent on things that are more of an asset than a liability!

To be honest at 50 bucks a pound plus shipping hazmat and tax, to much for my blood! i would like to have some extra but not planning on doing many matches with the cost of EVERYTHING esp diesel! money will be spent on things that are more of an asset than a liability!

It sucks but literally has not been available in 2+ years in my local shop. There isn’t another reloading supply store within 90 minutes of my location and that option is a big box store that has some .50BMG powder and little else. If it wasn’t for $50/lb Varget and $100/K primers plus Hazmat, I wouldn’t have any options except for $1.20-$1.50+ per round factory ammo. I can load my own .223 and .308 match ammo for half that at current prices so to me it’s still economically feasible

Last edited:
Reactions: Im2bent
looking for some Magnum rifle primers anyone know who got some in-stock
That I don't have to sell 2 quarts blood for.
thanks

Reactions: RayRay_G19

Got the alert ... and immediately bought 4 lbs of H1000 at the Hodgdon site. Lucky I was sitting at my computer ... still shows available.

Reactions: waveslayer
I will be in need of some 1k after i reload 300wm. But am holding off for cheaper. Diesel cost is putting damper on shooting habits.

Still available ... got another 4 lbs.

Don’t count on it….

4FFDB159-86F3-498E-90FA-4EEBEDBE62A7.jpeg

8lbers.... GO

8lb Varget at Hodgdon - got into cart but would not checkout. Hodgson finally said cart empty. Tease!

Son of a bitch, when did PV get the VV magnum rifle powder drop? I’ve been looking for 560, 565 and 570 for over a year and suddenly it’s there and gone.