• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

it-happens.jpg

I got one, I'm going to be loaded up on these... Never used it before, read lot's of people like it. :)

Also got 8lb H4831SC

Thanks

8lbers in stock

Last edited:
1 Lb in stock for both, too rich for me @ 49.99 each

Reactions: Bravo6niner
1 Lb in stock for both, too rich for me @ 49.99 each

For 2lbs, they wanted to charge $48 for shipping and hazmat. I guess I’ll wait till my LGS has it.

Choked up the price for the varget.

Hodgdon also had cfe223 limit 5#.
Getting good results with it in 223 but could not get very good results in 308 with it 1moa at best.

I just checked Hodgdon last nite and both showed out.

Guess just a dice roll.

CCI no. 34
Never used them, but some of you might care.

Last edited:
I just rolled through Cabela's in Hamburg, PA (on Rt 78).
They have 8 pound jugs of H4350 on the shelf.
As of 7pm on 4/19/2022 they had 5-6 left.
$339.19 all in, limit one per customer.

PV still has staball, just got a few lbs

They're all I use in 6.5x47L and precision .223REM loads. They're really only necessary with large magnum cartridges in colder weather, from what I remember. A lot of precision folks use them for more consistent ignition, but you should dial back your load ever so slightly if you switch to using a magnum primer for testing - they can run a bit hotter.

Reactions: Islas82
How do these work in non-magnum calibers? 6cm/6.5cm for example.

Definitely, 450s and Rem 7.5s are all I use in SP cartridges, .223, 6ARC, 6.5G and 6GT. I don't think anyone uses SPs in real magnum chamberings, in this context magnum basically means thicker cups and maybe a little more fire.

How do these work in non-magnum calibers? 6cm/6.5cm for example.
They work fine but as said earlier, dial your powder back a bit since they're hotter. I want to try CCI 34's just to see if it ignites StaBall 6.5 much differently since it's a ball powder, just haven't had the chance to yet.

Has anyone noticed a day of the week, or even general time of day, that powder or primers are more available?

Nope, there haven't been any patterns I've noticed. Some places seem to release stock first thing in the morning, others later or in the afternoon. The one pattern I see is with Alliant and Vihtavuori: when a big supplier like Midway, Natchezss, or Brownells releases a bunch of stock, that means the others and the smaller places will be getting a similar drop within a week or two. But it's not guaranteed.

So use the Discord channel for in-stock notifications, and track stock at your favorite suppliers multiple times a day if you can (and I guess you can check this thread, but it might just be people talking about powder and not actually notifying in-stock).

Reactions: Anb618 and The D
What should I be paying for RL23 these days?

Unfortunately I am new to reloading, so I have no real choice but to be bent over a little.... but I'd prefer its just a little.

$30 is a steal, $40 is about average, $50 is desperate pricing. This goes for all of the foreign powders these days. Western Powders (Ramshot, Accurate, etc stays around $30-ish for single pounders)

$30 is a steal, $40 is about average, $50 is desperate pricing. This goes for all of the foreign powders these days. Western Powders (Ramshot, Accurate, etc stays around $30-ish for single pounders)
Thanks man. Figured as much from some google searching - local shop wants me to pay 46 all in (after taxes).

Dont seem to have much of a choice. Midsouth and others seem to be cheaper, but the odds I get it are probably tiny.

Nope, there haven't been any patterns I've noticed. Some places seem to release stock first thing in the morning, others later or in the afternoon. The one pattern I see is with Alliant and Vihtavuori: when a big supplier like Midway, Natchezss, or Brownells releases a bunch of stock, that means the others and the smaller places will be getting a similar drop within a week or two. But it's not guaranteed.

So use the Discord channel for in-stock notifications, and track stock at your favorite suppliers multiple times a day if you can (and I guess you can check this thread, but it might just be people talking about powder and not actually notifying in-stock).
^This

I’ve also noticed it seems like after a few places post up available 1lb jugs, sometime within the next two weeks we see another drop of 8lb jugs of the same powder.

Reactions: The D