• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Nah. I am on their email list since I bought some brass and bullets last spring. Might want to sign up for their email newsletter. They tend to have a nice selection of primers, bullets and powder at sane prices.

Cabelas .com has Hodgdon Varget Smokeless Reloading Powder - 8 lb. in stock online. $360 but if you use "storepickup" it gets 10% off and free shipping / no hazmat for in store pickup.
This is a good deal for anyone for whom this is convenient...

Any RL 22?
Not me, all I have are the following (no shipping - local pickup only)

Hodgdon: Varget (10-1 lb's), H4340 (4-8lb's), H335 (1-8lb's)
Ramshot TAC (1-8lb)
IMR 8208 XBR (1lb's)

CCI 450, CCI 200, CCI 250, CCI BR-4 and CCI 500

PM or call me for prices if your in Colorado.

Natchez has a pretty good variety of small rifle primers right now. They're certainly not giving them away, pretty pricey. But if you wanna shoot there's a price to pay.

Reactions: HolmesDefense
My LGS also had LOTS of 8lb and 1lb when I stopped in today. Varget, H4350, H4831sc, R15.5 TS, R16, and lots of others..

They also had LOTS of cases of primers in all varieties....$89.99 per 1000

Reactions: Jgunner and DIBBS
Fellow Houstonians - Academy opened a new location in Meyerland. They have 50 boxes of federal large rifle primer in stock @9.99/100. I snagged 4 boxes and there are plenty left. They also have powders and bullets on the shelf too. Grab’em while they are available.

Address: 8715 W. Loop S., Houston

Anyone in the Tulsa area or NE Oklahoma...

Bill's Sporting Goods in Claremore had about 75 (1 lb) jugs of Varget yesterday (10/31) on the shelf. Price was near $60/lb. though.

Also had some H4350 and 4831SC. Prices were also pretty high on those powders as well.

Mike

Where the hell are the 6.5 Berger’s going?
I have intel from a very good source that Berger completed production of over 1 million each 140 hybrids & 144LRHT on 10/5-10/7.
These were not for ammo manufacturers. Should be going to Natchez, Powder Valley etc.

946EE61E-8911-49C7-9F4C-75F41E0FB370.jpeg

Reactions: cbccadet2002
I have intel from a very good source that Berger completed production of over 1 million each 140 hybrids & 144LRHT on 10/5-10/7.
These were not for ammo manufacturers. Should be going to Natchez, Powder Valley etc.

View attachment 7988669
I've seen them pop up in the last two weeks or so. Mostly the lightweight .264s up through the 140 VLDs.

They were all running about $.60 a piece, so I opted to stick with 147s at about $.37 since I haven't run into any issues.

In stock now at Blue Collar:

140 VLD Target
140 Long Range BT Target
130 VLD Target

Hybrid Targets and 144s are sold old now.

Link below:

Blue Collar Reloading

View attachment 7988669

I got the same info that you did also on the 140 and 144 hybrids. Millions of them. Should be everywhere. Where are they?
I saw 140 Hybrids online only 4 times/places. Have not seen 144 Hybrids anywhere.
The production run is over on these. Next run in February.
Definitely some funny stuff going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357Max

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Wow. 8 pounder kegs of H4831SC, H4350 and Varget all in stock at the same time at Natchez. I wish I had been more patient and would have saved on some HazMat charges. The powder situation is definitely getting better. Primers still scarce.

Reactions: Lightning8
Just got a email from KYGUNCO saying they are stocked up on primers.
Looks like they are selling *some* for under 100 per thou.
Go getcha some.

Here...
Shit tons in stock...for now.

Reactions: stewarmy01
I spoke to a Berger guy at the grind and he mentioned graf and sons would be a good place to keep tabs on. I was asking about 7mm so when I got home I went on there sight and did the notify me. Sure enough just a few days ago they got a shipment and I scored some. Might be a good place to keep tabs on for 6.5 also