• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley?

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
Anybody order from Powder Valley? I placed an order last week, and asked if my order went through and got a confirmation that it was in their system. I didn't get a shipping confirmation. Is this normal through them? Im not bitching just wonder if shipping times have slowed down due to demand/ number of orders.
Thanks.

This screen shot pretty much sums it up. You won't be billed until it is ready to ship...
ytesyhuj.jpg

Last edited:
From th Powder Valley site:
Orders placed today for in stock items will ship approximately July 3.
We are currently processing orders with powder placed on May 8 and orders that do not contain powder from May 19!
You will receive an invoice when your order is processed
and receive tracking information when the order ships.

Powder Valley said:
We are currently processing orders with powder placed on May 8 and orders that do not contain powder from May 19!

This is directly from the Powder Valley home page right now, it should help you guesstimate when your order will ship. I recieved an order about a month ago and the notice on the home page was pretty close, my order shipped 2 days later than estimated.

edit: damn you guys are good, I walked away from the computer for one minute and got beat to the punch by not one but 2 people.

Last edited:
From th Powder Valley site:
K. Thanks. that answers that. I didnt see it on there.

You'd think by now they would be caught up. There hasn't been much of anything available on the website for quite a while now.

I believe the truck limit is ninety pounds of powder minus primers? So If you look at all the dealers alone that buy from them that would take a while to process.

I have placed several orders with them since the SHTF and no electronic paper trail from them about the order, however I just kept watching my
credit card statement online, the day they completed the transaction on the card, 3 days later my "stuff" showed up. Now I am used to it, pretty reliable way to follow the order, not the way I would make transactions, seems to work for them and so far so good on my end.

I have placed several orders with them since the SHTF and no electronic paper trail from them about the order, however I just kept watching my
credit card statement online, the day they completed the transaction on the card, 3 days later my "stuff" showed up. Now I am used to it, pretty reliable way to follow the order, not the way I would make transactions, seems to work for them and so far so good on my end.
I always get a fedex tracking update or a UPS Quantum View notice when they ship.

I've had no problems with Powder Valley.

Likewise here. Nothing but good service.

I've placed a couple of orders with them since the stupidity took over the world and they've come through just exactly as promised in their "Notice".

Not to say that other places aren't good too, but Powder Valley has been top of my list for several years now.

yep, same here. You place your order then nothing...then the stuff shows up. It seems the inventory is updated regularly so when they say the have it you will get it, eventually. Good prices too.

I always get an invoice when I am billed and a shipping notice when it ships. Been taking about 4 weeks like others have said but the time line does match up pretty close to what the notice says on the home page of the day I ordered.

got 3 shipment from them 5-6 weeks after ordering, not freaking out about missing on instant gratification helps a lot.

Yep. About a month and a half sounds right. It definitely sucks to have to wait, but PV is always comes through in the end. And they don't charge you till it ships. I do wonder why they haven't begun to catch up since all these ammo and gun shenanigans started.

You'd think by now they would be caught up. There hasn't been much of anything available on the website for quite a while now.
On May 21st I placed an order, then placed a second one 49 hours later.

The two order numbers were 980 apart, ie, ~500 orders per day.

I think that occurs pretty much every time they get a shipment in, and its quickly "gone" . . . but takes a while for them to ship/deliver.

FYI, the May 21st order arrives later today (6/10)

Last edited:
Estimate 3-3.5 weeks from the time you place your order to the time it arrives on your door step. This pretty much goes for everything and not just powder or primers. What I have learned is do not try to add something to an existing order because it pushes yours all the way to the back of the line. It sucks when you place an order for powder and then the primers you wanted come in the following day but such is life.

They are a really first rate company...but supply/demand..blah blah blah U know the rest

My order was placed on May 22nd, just got a shipping notice today (June 12). They are right on with the estimates. Can't really ask for better service than that.

Same dates here.

I like a company that doesn't over-promise. Actually, on my last two orders, they shipped a day earlier than their forecast.

Sure beats Companies like Midway that seem to have a slippery "due date" on their website for items placed on backorder. Over the last few years I have yet to get anything I've "backordered" from Midway. Always found it in stock elsewhere after Midway kept changing the estimated due dates on my order.

I have never had any issues with backorders from Midway. I have always eventually received what I ordered, many times before the estimated date. I have had some orders where the date slipped, but that is a risk I knew I was taking when I placed the order.