• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Practice Idea with Pen & Paper?

kospap

Private
Minuteman
hi all!

I am putting this here cos I think it is better suited to.

I have started a new seasonal job as a quality control agronomist at a sugar factory.

There is some down time at my post and IP should fill it by means of Pen & Paper ONLY....

So are there any ballistics/field exercises to try?

things that come in mind are:
- intrpollating in between ballistcs date from tables
- practising filed scetching of the location (no ranging)

open to ideas, kostas

Re: Practice Idea with Pen & Paper?

You can try making a range card using things around your office, warehouse, etc. Try to make it from different positions and then see how they collaborate.

You can build yourself a conversion chart from inches to either MIL or MOA, depending on your preference. If you have a great deal of time you can make it extremely accurate down to the yard and inch or .01 mil. This should take up a great deal of time. Plus, you'll have it for future shooting events and you'll become an expert in mil-ranging.

thanks....

Yep a range card would be possible if I could measure distance. But I cannot find any other way for ranging than pacing distances...that is unbtrusive too...(initially I was thinking of practising knots, but that would raise soem eyebrows)

Actually yesterday I realculated all the conversion factors for
MOA, MILS & IPHY....The took random numbers (43,28,19,13,8,5) and made all poisble conversions on them (by mind)...then I checked for accuracy with my phone calculator....

At worst i was a digit close....at best I was 2 second digits close...

Now...there was an article by clint smith taht extrapolated different condition shooting data from a given data card...I should be digging it up...

For today I printed the USRSOG SERE tests....

I've kind of always wondered if there was a generic target paper that you could set at 10-15 yards(in your house) with silhouette or man sized targets at varying ranges so you could practice milling the targets from the comfort of your living room/dry firing against multiple varying range targets etc.

I supposed I should just figure out how big to make them and stop being lazy.

does not sound like it would be an issue where you work but you should be care-full making sketches of work places and or public locations, it's purpose can be mis-interpreted as a sign of scouting for the purpose of robbery or attack....