• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Prayer request, officer down this morning

Re: Prayer request, officer down this morning

In mine as well. Also praying they catch the shooter and put him in the ground.

This shit is happening way to often anymore! Prayer sent...

Such a shame. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

The year has barely begun and it's already shaping up to be a bad one for LE everywhere. I think to date there have been 11 or so line of duty deaths throughout the country.

Be safe out there and keep your heads on a swivel.

Prayers and Thoughts sent.

It appears that in this day and age there is no such thing as a routine stop anymore. This will of course place everyone in a failry adversarial relationship when it comes to dealing with one another. Hopefully we can also use a little common sense and profile where needed and relax when required

Prayers were sent when I saw the news this AM and they will continue.

I've been out with the team since this morning waiting for the investigators to find a location on the suspect. The ER Dr that worked on Dave this morning stopped by. He took two rounds to the head a couple to his vest and one in the leg. Neither of the rounds to the head penetrated to his brain but they did do some damage near his spinal cord and the base of his brain. They still don't know the extent of the damage. All prayers are greatly appreciated, he is a good man and a good officer.

I just got home and we were able to take the suspect into custody this afternoon. The Detectives did a fantastic job tracking him down and when we arrived with the armored vehicle the suspect walked out of the house without any fanfare. Hopefully (if he is the guilty party) he will enjoy what's left of his life in prison.

Dave is still in critical condition. The part of his brain that controls blood pressure (and other things) was damaged and his BP has been up and down all day. They drilled through his skull to relieve pressure and it is basically a waiting game at this point. Many thanks for the prayers throughout the day and I'd be very appreciative if you guys would keep him in your prayers for the next couple of days. He is a tough SOB but he's been hurt pretty bad.

Phylo - will send serious prayers this evening for your colleague - the brainstem swelling is ever-so-critical because too much pressure and the brain herniates through the foramen magnum. I am sure they have him on a ventilator (always protocol in serious brain swelling in this area), mannitol, did the Burr holes, keeping him in a drug-induced coma - it will be very close for a few days, but they are doing everything right.

An officer in DFW is in critical condition today - hit by a drunk-river after pulling over another...

Will pray for your friend.. seems like every week a law officer is getting shot.. we need to do something or whose going to go into the profession for the salary they receive?

Prayers sent and be stay safe Phylodog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dave is still in critical condition. The part of his brain that controls blood pressure (and other things) was damaged and his BP has been up and down all day. They drilled through his skull to relieve pressure and it is basically a waiting game at this point. Many thanks for the prayers throughout the day and I'd be very appreciative if you guys would keep him in your prayers for the next couple of days. He is a tough SOB but he's been hurt pretty bad. </div></div>

Not good, prayers incoming.

People that do things like this are such cowards,when it gets real and they have numerous guns drawn down on them ready to help them out on their path to be judged by God, they revert to their coward ways.Prayers for your friend and everyone at his side will be said.

Hey guys - BTT for prayers for this guy. From talking to Phylodog; sounds like Officer Moore was shot in the rostral ventrolateral medulla - the part of the brainstem that controls blood pressure...he is really hanging on and very, very critical. Indianapolis is really gathering around this guy to show there support: two blood drives scheduled, people are selling T-shirts to raise funds for his family...

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/events-planned-in-officer-moores-honor

Just heard from the Chief that Dave is not going to recover from his injuries and his family has begun the process of giving him back to God.

Thank you all for the prayers. Indianapolis is a lesser place without Dave. He really was one of the best we had and should have had many years ahead of him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just heard from the Chief that Dave is not going to recover from his injuries and his family has begun the process of giving him back to God.

Thank you all for the prayers. Indianapolis is a lesser place without Dave. He really was one of the best we had and should have had many years ahead of him. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">God of power and mercy, you have made death itself the gateway to eternal life. Look with love on our dying brother, and make him one with your Son in his suffering and death, and that sealed with the blood of Christ, he may come before you free from sin. Amen.</span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">David Watts</span>

Please provide an address where we can send condolences or help for the family.

Our prayers for his family.

David W.

Dave hung on through the night and went back to God just after 6am this morning. Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers.

Lord our God, You are always faithful and quick to show mercy. David was suddenly and violently taken from his friends and family. Come swiftly to his aid, have mercy on him, and comfort his family and friends by the power and protection of the cross. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. Dave was laid to rest yesterday after donating nine of his organs so that hopefully others may enjoy continued life. Jo, his Mother and a Sgt on our department, dispatched his final 10-42.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4LasyUZ7gk&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4LasyUZ7gk&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I am in awe of her strength. I could not have done what she did if it had been my child. We will miss you Dave.

So sorry to hear about this Cory. I know that area all too well.

My heart goes out to you, his co-workers, and his family.