• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

I am asking for prayers for my brother Dennis. Some time last night, or today, he decided his life was no longer worth living.

I'm sure I will learn a lot in the next few days, weeks, months about a suicide of a family member...........
For one to do that he must be in a state of inner horror. I know that horror well. His is over, be strong in dealing with the horror he created for you all. Prayers lifted.

Update:

My daughter who has a mass in her head (psuedo-tumor) had another spinal tap and it was successful. Then a couple of days later the plug from that came out so spinal pressure was being released constantly.

This caused a terrible headache (headaches are what caused her to seek diagnosis in the first place) and they brought her back in. A “blood patch” procedure was performed to seal the hole. While successful in sealing it, the whole spinal tap idea to relieve pressure in the mass does not seem to be working.

Next steps are possibly a shunt. They are advising her to lose even more weight and dietary changes. I honestly believe that this isn’t an exact science and that it is more of “let’s try this” 😕

This is my baby girl. She’s a 28 year old woman but she’s still the tiny 10 year old we adopted in my heart. I feel helpless but not defeated, I cannot fix it but Yah can.

Your Will be done.

Update:

My daughter who has a mass in her head (psuedo-tumor) had another spinal tap and it was successful. Then a couple of days later the plug from that came out so spinal pressure was being released constantly.

This caused a terrible headache (headaches are what caused her to seek diagnosis in the first place) and they brought her back in. A “blood patch” procedure was performed to seal the hole. While successful in sealing it, the whole spinal tap idea to relieve pressure in the mass does not seem to be working.

Next steps are possibly a shunt. They are advising her to lose even more weight and dietary changes. I honestly believe that this isn’t an exact science and that it is more of “let’s try this” 😕

This is my baby girl. She’s a 28 year old woman but she’s still the tiny 10 year old we adopted in my heart. I feel helpless but not defeated, I cannot fix it but Yah can.

Your Will be done.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Update:

Your Will be done.
Prayers up

Update:

Your Will be done.
Adopted, Schmopted, brother, she's your baby and a living being.

Medicine is not an exact science but its betting better every day or else I'd have been blind, crippled, or dead years ago.

All you can do at this point is be strong for her and yourself and keep up your prayer for her. What will be, will be, and you have to roll with it no matter what.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Update:

Your Will be done.
Even if she was 90yrs old, she would still be your baby girl. Years don't change that.
Wishing strength and healing for her as well as peace and comfort while she battles.

Update:

Your Will be done.
Prayers Lawless 😊

Oof. Prayers.
And for your wife and family.
No matter how we prepare as our folks get older, its tough.
Watched my mom lay in the bed like a vegetable for two years, did nothing but moan. It was a great relief when dshe left. Worse than death. I hope
Better to check out on your own terms..

My FIL who has dementia has suffered a possible stroke. My wife is back in JoCo with him at the hospital. Not much is certain currently but hope we will know more tomorrow.

Pray for William.
Prayers for William, your wife, you and all of yours. May the Lord keep you and comfort you during this difficult time.

Reactions: powdahound76
Angie’s daddy did have a stroke. Bigger than a mini stroke but it was not massive. He’s had some speech therapy and a PT came in for a few minutes. He is going to stay one more night in the hospital.

We appreciate your prayer.

My father-in-law has taken a turn for the worse. They have suctioned out to treat the pneumonia, but it seems to be very aggressive. He had another stroke while in the hospital. My wife asked the doctor this morning what she thought the prognosis was, the doctor said anyone who would like to say goodbye needs to come today.

He is a strong Christian, one of the best men I’ve ever known. if he goes home, then it’s a cause for celebration.

Last edited:
My father-in-law has taken a turn for the worse. They have suctioned out to treat the pneumonia, but it seems to be very aggressive. He had another stroke while in the hospital. My wife asked the doctor this morning what she thought the prognosis was, the doctor said anyone who would like to say goodbye needs to come today.

He is a strong Christian, one of the best man I’ve ever known. if he goes home, then it’s a cause for celebration.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

He is a strong Christian, one of the best man I’ve ever known. if he goes home, then it’s a cause for celebration.

Prayers for his comfort and to be pain free.
And your family’s peace with his going home.

I cant help but hear this in my head as I hear of another faithful believer departing this earthly life and body.

I came down to be with my wife and family. My BIL stayed at the hospital last night. He called early and said William had awakened and was talking. He slept all day yesterday. We will be going up there soon.

William made an amazing turnaround today! Prayer works. He never woke up or spoke yesterday but early this morning he awakened and has talked and laughed all day! Thanks to a huge network of people who pray 🙂

In YOUR time Lord!

It is so nice to see this thread still flourishing, considering certain topics (i.e Faith and Christianity) by certain people on here are no longer permitted on SH!! At least, that's what was said in a private conversation. Keep em' coming gents & ladies!

Could use some prayer for finding our first home. It's been one charlie foxtrot after another dealing with relators and sellers. Have put 5 offers and zero bites. Even two offers on the same house! The darn sellers didn't want to wait for the VA loan swap at 2.7% "because they're trying to close on another property." 😖

It is so nice to see this thread still flourishing, considering certain topics (i.e Faith and Christianity) by certain people on here are no longer permitted on SH!! At least, that's what was said in a private conversation. Keep em' coming gents & ladies!

Could use some prayer for finding our first home. It's been one charlie foxtrot after another dealing with relators and sellers. Have put 5 offers and zero bites. Even two offers on the same house! The darn sellers didn't want to wait for the VA loan swap at 2.7% "because they're trying to close on another property." 😖
Will pray for your situation. The VA loan is a huge help, just don't get in over your head as life is going to keep getting more and more expensive for the foreseeable future.

🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

Reactions: Jscb1b
Some of ya'll may remember I''ve been seeking guidance for what to do in the future. Life's ok, havent missed any meals but feeling kind of aimless at 74 and watching the savings slowly dissipate, and social security will be down the tubes in a few years. I'm to old to do either of my former professions, timber cutter or stonemason and would like to get involved in something that would 'Make a difference' so to speak. Was talking with a guy I met at the range who does a Christian thing with kids, takes them camping, shooting, etc. I offered to help with that as I love kids and seem to interact well with them...maybe because I never really completely grew up myself, LOL. So there's that.

I'm looking for something more, though, and ideally something that would pay decently. I've considered writing a book as I have many adventures to draw from but as the Quakers say "It just doesnt speak to my condition." LOL. The other day it came to my mind, perhaps by the Holy Spirit, that I love public speaking. Many years ago I spoke in front of an audience of 500 or so and got a standing ovation. Then in college I took some public speaking courses and got A+'s in them. I love it and dont get nervous because I only speak the TRUTH and as Mark Twain said " I only tell the truth then I dont have to remember what I said." There is a dangerous side to it, its a real power trip when you know you've got your audience captivated, move your hand to the right, they follow, to the left, they follow. I can understand what Hitler and even the televangelists feel. It can be a power trip but I think realizing that I can deal with it. I refuse to serve Mammon.

I have no interest in being a preacher nor pastor but public speaking is a talent, or gift I have, and I'd like to use it for good The world certainly needs good right now.

I've found that when I go 'looking' things usually get fucked up, so I ask for prayers of guidance and if I'm on the right track for the doors to just open.

Thanks.

Some of ya'll may remember I''ve been seeking guidance for what to do in the future. Life's ok, havent missed any meals but feeling kind of aimless at 74 and watching the savings slowly dissipate, and social security will be down the tubes in a few years. I'm to old to do either of my former professions, timber cutter or stonemason and would like to get involved in something that would 'Make a difference' so to speak. Was talking with a guy I met at the range who does a Christian thing with kids, takes them camping, shooting, etc. I offered to help with that as I love kids and seem to interact well with them...maybe because I never really completely grew up myself, LOL. So there's that.

I'm looking for something more, though, and ideally something that would pay decently. I've considered writing a book as I have many adventures to draw from but as the Quakers say "It just doesnt speak to my condition." LOL. The other day it came to my mind, perhaps by the Holy Spirit, that I love public speaking. Many years ago I spoke in front of an audience of 500 or so and got a standing ovation. Then in college I took some public speaking courses and got A+'s in them. I love it and dont get nervous because I only speak the TRUTH and as Mark Twain said " I only tell the truth then I dont have to remember what I said." There is a dangerous side to it, its a real power trip when you know you've got your audience captivated, move your hand to the right, they follow, to the left, they follow. I can understand what Hitler and even the televangelists feel. It can be a power trip but I think realizing that I can deal with it. I refuse to serve Mammon.

I have no interest in being a preacher nor pastor but public speaking is a talent, or gift I have, and I'd like to use it for good The world certainly needs good right now.

I've found that when I go 'looking' things usually get fucked up, so I ask for prayers of guidance and if I'm on the right track for the doors to just open.

Thanks.
Added to my prayers. Glad you have a knack for it, I like public speaking just enough that I got nervous reading your post about it. 🫣

Thanks.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

My mom's husband needs help. He is 86. 2 months ago he fell and fractured 2 vertebrae. In rehab he fell out of bed and broke his hip. He then gets a respiratory infection and a urinary tract infection. He has stopped eating. He doesn't want a feeding tube. His name is John Chapman. Thank you all.

My mom's husband needs help. He is 86. 2 months ago he fell and fractured 2 vertebrae. In rehab he fell out of bed and broke his hip. He then gets a respiratory infection and a urinary tract infection. He has stopped eating. He doesn't want a feeding tube. His name is John Chapman. Thank you all.
Prayers for John and for your entire family. :)

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Prayers for John and the family!

Done

Prayers lifted for John, your Mom, you, and all involved.