• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayers requested

jwSubMOA

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 13, 2010
Mississippi
Hello y'all. This morning my sister was attacked in our Kroger parking lot. Apparently a Hispanic female thought she should have accelerated faster at a green light. She followed her into the Kroger lot and approached her when my sister headed into the store. Some words were exchanged and then the girl cut her with a box cutter. She laid her open to the bone from her right collar bone, up the right side of her neck and along the jawline almost to the right corner of her mouth. I dont even know how many stitches she has, hundreds externally I would say.

The police have the low quality security video, witness statements, most of the tag number and my sister's statement but no progress yet. My sister tried to get away but the little monster tried to stab her in the face and head with the box cutter, from what I understand no one tried to help.

The hospital kept her a few hours then sent her home, no insurance. There was no plastic surgery consult or even mention of a referral to one later. I was told by the ER surgeon that " a plastic surgeon couldn't do it any better". My sister is 30,single and beautiful. On top of the trauma of the attack is the emotional shock of being disfigured.
Do we have any plastic surgeons here that could tell me what questions to ask while looking for an excellent surgeon? Money is no object here, I will pay for her care.

Please just send a prayer that there are no complications and that a good plastic surgeon can help her. I would also ask that y'all pray I don't find this person first.

Re: Prayers requested

My thoughts for you and yours. With a brother like you and love from friends/family, I'm sure she'll do great. I'm no surgeon, only EMT that has seen some, but my initial thoughts would be for nerve and muscle damage that might make normal movement and facial expression difficult to recover. Skin is remarkably good at healing, especially with a clean cut like the box cutter probably made. I had a bad facial laceration a few years ago, and you can't hardly see it now. I would start studying the anatomy of the injured areas and become familiar with what could have been damaged in the nerve and muscle arena so you can ask good questions when you talk to the docs. Clean cuts like that are a bit better than the alternative. Good luck to your sis. I hope my thoughts here were even a little helpful. Hang in there and I hope they catch that weasel.

Prayer sent. One for your sister, and one for justice.

Prayers sent. Keep us updated on the capture of this criminal and the healing of your sister.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. Last night police arrested the girl that did this. I dont have all the details yet but I am very happy that she is off the street. My sister is doing well and I am trying to locate a suitable plastic surgeon for her. Thank you everyone!

Jon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diverdon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prayer sent. One for your sister, and one for justice. </div></div>

Well put, sir. I pray for the same.