• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision AR15 I put together..PICS Burnt Bronze

Inzaneriderz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA United States
Hey guys, put this together over the past 2 months and am very pleased with how it turned out. It is cerakoted burnt bronze and has a diamond like flute cerakote on the barrel... specs will be below. Have not made it to the range yet so don't know how she shoots because I obviously still need some glass, prolly going with a vortex viper pst if I had to guess but the jury is still out on that one, anyways thanks for looking, post me some comments if you like it.... Thanks!

IMG_0192_zps157a92b4.jpg

IMG_0187_zpsd6d913fe.jpg

IMG_0188_zpsd15a101a.jpg

IMG_0189_zps919102cf.jpg

IMG_0190_zps5c3bffdc.jpg

IMG_0191_zps23b13fd5.jpg

Specs:

Seekins Precision Billet Upper & Lower
Seekins Billet Mag release button
Cerakoted Burnt Bronze
Seekins Bar Rail
Lilja 24" Heavy Profile Bull Barrel, cut,crowned,threaded to 20"
Daniel Defense LPK
Geissele SDE Flat Trigger
BCM Charging handle
Youngs Mfg Phosphate BCG headspaced to this barrel
Larue PSR20 Mount
Magpul PRS Stock
AAC Brakeout
YHM Low Pro Gas Block
AACSD Suppressor
YHM Bipod Adapter
Harris BRMS 6-9 Bipod w/ KMW Podlock

Re: Precision AR15 I put together..PICS Burnt Bronze

Looks amazing! Burnt Bronze looks great and I love that seekins rail. Everything is top notch. Congrats.

Nice, now hurry up and get some glass on it so you can show us how it shoots.

Very nice! I was looking into the same receiver set, just been biding my time trying to find them in stock lol. Who did the coating for you?

Damn fine job bro!!! I got some lowers from seekins about a week ago. Now I'm waiting on his uppers and rails... who knows when that will be??? That burnt bronze is sweet!!!

Solid build man! I really like the color and that billet set is outstanding. Nice work!

I think it's a great looking rig. But does she shoot? More pics after the range report!

Wow! Great taste in components! Love me some Seekins stuff!

Looks awesome. 2 questions, what is the textured looking finish on the barrel, and what is the engraving on the bcg?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R6Hybridd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome. 2 questions, what is the textured looking finish on the barrel, and what is the engraving on the bcg? </div></div>

The finish on the barrel is not textured, it is just a pattern done with cerakote... the BCG is a young's mfg that they privately label for a local gun shop that is getting really big really fast named Lanco tactical...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R6Hybridd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome. 2 questions, what is the textured looking finish on the barrel, and what is the engraving on the bcg? </div></div>

The finish on the barrel is not textured, it is just a pattern done with cerakote... the BCG is a young's mfg that they privately label for a local gun shop that is getting really big really fast named Lanco tactical... </div></div>

Looks bad ass. Got me thinking of doing that color on my 300 blackout build.

That is probably the nicest AR I've seen. Great job of outfitting it. Glen makes some nice stuff! Who did your Cerakoting? Looks fantastic.

Freaking gorgeous. I can't wait to hear some range reports. I am in the process of building my gas gun and opted for the Timney trigger and would love to hear what you think about the Geissele while I still have time to return mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WillPower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine looking setup!

What sort of glass are you planning on putting on it? </div></div>

Probably a Vortex Viper PST FFP in either 4-16x50 or have been thinking about the 6-24x50 anyone have any inputs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Freaking gorgeous. I can't wait to hear some range reports. I am in the process of building my gas gun and opted for the Timney trigger and would love to hear what you think about the Geissele while I still have time to return mine. </div></div>

Personally I would forget the Timney trigger, I had a skeletonized 3Lb single stage one that lasted maybe 200 rounds at best before going uncontrollable full auto... Turns out the disconnector broke or something, granted they did replace it under warranty but for as much as they cost and the history of them doing this, never again... This is my first Flat trigger and I love how it feels

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brianidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is probably the nicest AR I've seen. Great job of outfitting it. Glen makes some nice stuff! Who did your Cerakoting? Looks fantastic.
</div></div>

Had a local gunsmith named M&B Custom Firearms do the cerakote here in south central PA.... for the entire gun he charged me $100 bucks.... lower, upper, forearm, and barrel, no complaints there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Freaking gorgeous. I can't wait to hear some range reports. I am in the process of building my gas gun and opted for the Timney trigger and would love to hear what you think about the Geissele while I still have time to return mine. </div></div>

Personally I would forget the Timney trigger, I had a skeletonized 3Lb single stage one that lasted maybe 200 rounds at best before going uncontrollable full auto... Turns out the disconnector broke or something, granted they did replace it under warranty but for as much as they cost and the history of them doing this, never again... This is my first Flat trigger and I love how it feels </div></div>
This is why I joined the hide. I looked everywhere to research my purchase and never saw anything on this issue. Thanks for the input

Nice... I'm diggin the color.

Looks amazing, love that color. Nice build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inzaneriderz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Had a local gunsmith named M&B Custom Firearms do the cerakote here in south central PA.... for the entire gun he charged me $100 bucks.... lower, upper, forearm, and barrel, no complaints there </div></div>

How did you get that deal?? His website says $200 for an AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WillPower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine looking setup!

What sort of glass are you planning on putting on it? </div></div>

Probably a Vortex Viper PST FFP in either 4-16x50 or have been thinking about the 6-24x50 anyone have any inputs?

YOU SIR MAKES ME SICK WITH ENVY!!!

That is a Gorgeous Looking Rifle! Hopefully not going to be a Safe Queen right? LOL

As far as Scopes go, I've had Both Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16 and 6-24s Mil/Mil. I would say definitely go with the 4-16 on this Setup. The eye box on the 6-24 is very tight so it won't be as user friendly on a AR Platform like this one SPR Type. Besides, I think you'll like to 4x Low End better for those closer range encounters. My eye box on the 4-16 was so much easier to live with throughout the entire mag range (On My Armalite SASS .308 Build).

If you put that beast together in the last two month then you must be One Lucky Person or has A Lot of Connections in Finding these High Dollar/Quality Parts! Lord Knows these are just about Impossible to get!!!

I'm looking forward to some Range Report ASAP so don't leave us hanging!!!

Cheers and Happy Shooting!!!

HOG.