• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Bullpup Rifle

TheNewRoman

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2012
This is something i've been wondering about and been looking into a bit, and it seems like there's really nothing out there in the way of a bullpup sniper rifle.

So i'm wondering what are some of the DMR's or even long range rifles out there that are of bullpup design.

Because to me seems like a bullpup would be a pretty good thing for a sniper, because it's small, easy to carry, and easy to aim without support, thou grant the mag location i can see being a problem for some rifles.
Plus I'm looking for as much inofrmation on designs as possible because i'm considering designing and building a semi-auto bullpup sniper rifle.

Re: Precision Bullpup Rifle

no no no, those are make believe, this doesnt exist, but a wonderful idea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RS303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Desert Tactical Arms
http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/

the Snipers HIde search engine is also a very helpful tool.

</div></div>

Ya I looked into DTA and they are without a doubt very nice rifle, I mostly love that 26 inch long one. But it's like 3 grand for the rifle with bolt and barrel then another 1.5 grand for the bolt and barrel. which is just crazy.

But I would love to see someone produce an afford system to convert a Remington 700 to a bullpup.
But right now it seems you can get a conversation kit without get a heavy heavy firearm. Like that m14 bullpup, that kit adds like what 4-5 pounds onto the rifle.

1300229809224-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .... because i'm considering designing and building a semi-auto bullpup sniper rifle. </div></div>

LMFAO!

here ya go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_WA_2000

Back when they were made, they sold for $10k each!

There was only ever 15 brought into the United States and it has been reported by several sources that the president of Walther has 11 of them. Almost all are BNIB and he has many times offered them for sale for a super low price of only $75,000. No one has taken him up on the offer so far...

DTA's rock if you are looking for a bolt gun (And it's about $5k for the rifle and one barrel, that $3k number is JUST the chasis, no bolt, barrel, or mag).

I'd stay away from the Jugernaught though...Copy of an older design from Rich at Short Rifles as I understand. Rich has a 4th Gen version that is AWESOME if you are looking for a semi-auto (uses an M1A/M14 barreled action).

My M1A supermatch lives in a juggernaut tactical rogue chassis with NF3.5-15x56mm

Great shooter

2ccb1662.jpg

Your implication taht there are no good bullpup sniper rifles is incorrect, however one of the fundamental issues affecting most bullpups is a notoriouisly poor triger performance due to the position of the trigger group. this obvioulsy has a major effect on the weapons use as a DM rifle

No offense to you sir, but those stocks look absolutely terrible. That M1A is living in hell!

Seriously though on topic, OP you want to fully design a bull-pup "sniper" rifle from scratch and your are complaining about the cost of existing ones? Do you have any idea what the cost of a full machine shop, materials, experience, and proper licensing and insurance will be?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ragincajun1919</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My M1A supermatch lives in a juggernaut tactical rogue chassis with NF3.5-15x56mm

Great shooter

2ccb1662.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NYresq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here ya go

There was only ever 15 brought into the United States and it has been reported by several sources that the president of Walther has 11 of them. Almost all are BNIB and he has many times offered them for sale for a super low price of only $75,000. No one has taken him up on the offer so far...</div></div>

Beat me to it. Take a look at these, seriously. Awesome gear, .300mag bullpup sniper rifle! Said they cost too much to make and sell for a profit, and they didn't do well in the '80's.

Bet they'd do outstanding today, and with modern technology they might be easier to make. Those were handmade if I recall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strykervet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NYresq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here ya go

There was only ever 15 brought into the United States and it has been reported by several sources that the president of Walther has 11 of them. Almost all are BNIB and he has many times offered them for sale for a super low price of only $75,000. No one has taken him up on the offer so far...</div></div>

Beat me to it. Take a look at these, seriously. Awesome gear, .300mag bullpup sniper rifle! Said they cost too much to make and sell for a profit, and they didn't do well in the '80's.

Bet they'd do outstanding today, and with modern technology they might be easier to make. Those were handmade if I recall.</div></div>
*COUGH* Desert Tactical *COUGH* *COUGH*

Seriously, bolt action "sniper rifle" in a bullpup. Desert Tactical Arms SRS (PRS). .243-.338LM .5 MOA factory guarantee. $5,500ish without glass.
I think that pretty much fits the bill...and was covered in post 4 of this thread. Really post 2 if you don't count the worthless comments expressing disgust at the question.

Now. On to other things!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1300229809224-1.jpg
</div></div>

LMAO!

I value The accuracy of the rifle over the appearance. I agree, it's ugly, but it increases the performance of the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lefty81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense to you sir, but those stocks look absolutely terrible. That M1A is living in hell!

Seriously though on topic, OP you want to fully design a bull-pup "sniper" rifle from scratch and your are complaining about the cost of existing ones? Do you have any idea what the cost of a full machine shop, materials, experience, and proper licensing and insurance will be?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ragincajun1919</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My M1A supermatch lives in a juggernaut tactical rogue chassis with NF3.5-15x56mm

Great shooter

2ccb1662.jpg
</div></div></div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lefty81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense to you sir, but those stocks look absolutely terrible. That M1A is living in hell!

Great shooter

2ccb1662.jpg
</div></div></div></div>

Her ya Go! They make what ya wanted, and ya think it's "too expensive"? I got an FN- fs2000. Nice "Bullpup" Can't hit em? Get closer!!!!! OR become an inventor, and "make your own". I've heard Desert Tac, is a nice gun. How bout an Encore, for ya? Bout 16-20 in.? Just thinkin. Don't mean to be Harsh.I used to be a Builder. People would say"Why is it so expensive?" I'd say" Well, If you didn't get the Italian marble, and the African Mohagany trim, or those "special order Custom kitchen cabinets", Maybe we could cut the cost. I'm just "In a mood" Sorry. Ignore me.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheNewRoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RS303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Desert Tactical Arms
http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/

the Snipers HIde search engine is also a very helpful tool.

</div></div>

Ya I looked into DTA and they are without a doubt very nice rifle, I mostly love that 26 inch long one. But it's like 3 grand for the rifle with bolt and barrel then another 1.5 grand for the bolt and barrel. which is just crazy.

But I would love to see someone produce an afford system to convert a Remington 700 to a bullpup.
But right now it seems you can get a conversation kit without get a heavy heavy firearm. Like that m14 bullpup, that kit adds like what 4-5 pounds onto the rifle. </div></div>

So by laughing at his post i am assuming you must be an intelligent asshole that knows exactly who this person is and that you have an opinion that he is not capable of doing such a task. Even if the task is a bad idea or impossible explain why not just "LMFAO". Obviously the op went about this in the wrong manner but dont be a dick. What exactly gets accomplished by posting something like this....shows your bad ass internet ego or what. I know there are alot of people out there that are full of shit but let them reveal themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STI_1911_Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So by laughing at his post i am assuming you must be an intelligent asshole that knows exactly who this person is and that you have an opinion that he is not capable of doing such a task.
[snip]
Obviously the op went about this in the wrong manner
[snip]
</div></div>
You started out so well and so reasonable and then just ran off the rails.

Or perhaps I'm clueless and am the only person to whom his "wrong manner" was not obvious.

Yeah, I would also love to see a precision-enough semiauto bullpup for $3,000-$3,500 before optics. Perhaps if an uber-barrel and maybe some modifications would do the job, the Kel-Tec Rwhatever could be the future of this quest.

A lot of those expenses cited above would not apply to an inventor making a prototype for personal use. When interstate commerce is not implicated, fed laws don't either. Local laws still do. Insurance isn't a factor if you're not selling it. Adding a million-dollar "umbrella" policy to your homeowner's insurance would take care of your buddy's damages if you botch the materials choices and blow up the prototype with him or her in the shrapnel zone.

Just sayin...

People really do over estimate the power of a round thats been fired.
but ya I did to a crappy job writing this post, because I was tired and wasn't putting much thought into how I should word it so my bad.
But still a few of the posts are useless, thus provide no ideas or examples. So when it comes done to it if you can't understand it or can't provide anything useful, shut up you cunt.