• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Solutions SSP1 + SSP2 dimensions

jdr724

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2011
IL
I see they are taking a summer break and wondered if anyone who has both rests can tell me the inside width of the SSP1 + SSP2 measured at the lowest point.

I see it says SSP2 works for McMillan A5 + Manners T4 which are 2.5" and it says the SSP2 is 3/4" wider than the SSP1 BUT it doesn't say what the inside dimensions are and I need to know.

Thanks,

Scrolling down has never been my strong point!

Duh!

Order placed!

Last edited:
Im also waiting on them to get back so I can ask them about the new HD tripod they have listed as Coming Soon. Was going to get the regular PRS but if the new one is close in weight and sturdier then ill definitely be going that route.

Used my new Large QD w/ SSP-1 this past weekend at the Challenge at Altitude shoot in Utah. Worked extremely well for supporting the rear end when shooting over a barrel/fence/log or the front end when my short 6-9" Harris was just not quite enough. Last week, I put it through the ringer going from it's 7" or so low height and all the way towards it's 65"+ height for hitting my steel from the standing pos @ 660 yds. Rifle weighs 17 lb 9 oz as seen. The PRS handled it all with aplomb!

Very high prone shooting at steel 1100+ yds away.

Fellow squad member using it to support butt over barrel.

With one of the PRS QD plates screwed onto the bottom of my Gunwerks G7 LRF.

With my 17 lb 9 oz 6.5x47 balanced and ready to hit steel at 660 yds.

You can also fit a Leica 1000 rangefinder snugly in the SSP-2 and rotate the head 90 degrees to get it vertical. Works awesome and beat paying $100 for the Leica tripod adapter.

First I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding during our absence from the shop. We are now back in Texas and recovering from 10 days on the road with 61 hours of actual driving. We took our time and made some stops along the way prior to dropping my oldest son off at the United States Naval Academy to begin his 9 year commitment to not only get a great education but travel the world as a Marine Officer upon graduation. Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] with any questions you may have.

Very nice shooting and good application of the tripod system to answer multiple questions. The support of PRS has been nothing short of awesome and again we appreciate your business.

Congratulations to your son, Danel. Following in his fathers footsteps. Hope you are doing well.

Sean