• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Precision Rifle World Championships (2022)

20 Stages, 185 rounds, 2 days shooting out of 7 so plenty of time to see the sights which include lots of wine, cheese, champagne and the tower.

Yeah the full lineup would be interesting...I mean the OK one.. :ROFLMAO:

I’m sure there will be more information coming on the shooters in each division. I was originally going to shoot limited/tac but unfortunately this won’t work with my schedule and I had to decline the invite. Good luck to the shooters that end up traveling over there in August.

So very interesting. I just checked the dates again to book leave and the website is now saying 4 man teams not 6 man teams

So very interesting. I just checked the dates again to book leave and the website is now saying 4 man teams not 6 man teams
6 man teams can compete but only top 4 scores count towards the Country's score. If a country sends only 4 then all of their competitor scores count. That's how I understand it.

6 man teams can compete but only top 4 scores count towards the Country's score. If a country sends only 4 then all of their competitor scores count. That's how I understand it.
The website now says 4 to compete 3 to score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220610-054534_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220610-054534_Chrome.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 67
That's probably only referring to the other divisions besides open class.

Here is a screenshot from the competition rules:
Screenshot_20220609-154640.png

Reactions: rydah
That's good news then I was thinking it would be a complete shit show if they were making changes like that this late

Reactions: rydah
Day one done. Very hot and at times very tricky winds. Some wrinkles to be ironed out, but I am glad this is happening and confident a lot will be learned from this event as planning for 2024 commences. My biggest takeaway is that we need a unified set of rules to avoid some of the odd rules that caused last minute discussions resulting in late revisions.

The job done by the international organizers as well as the locals is tremendous and we have to remember that we do not have the luxury of institutional knowledge nor do we have paid staff etc.
I love that this is happening and already looking forward to the next one!

Tomorrow, besides rooting for my friends, I am crossing my fingers for Zane.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of following Lauryl around all day. What a tremendous shooter, with a great attitude to boot. Considering population size, Scandinavia is generally doing very well (Sweden 10 mill, Norway 5 mill, Denmark roughly 6 mill), but I am sort of biased.

Last edited:
Wish you were here. We needed one more senior shooter to complete our senior team. They are shooting great, but can't win the senior team division with only 2 scores.
I really hope most nations can fill all their divisions next time around.

Reactions: D_TROS
Open and ladies open have day two tomorrow, but the other results are in

LEO, individual win to Sweden, UK second
teamwin for Norway, Sweden second

Limited, individual win to USA on 1-4, Sweden 5-7
teamwin for USA, Sweden second

Factory, individual win to UK, South Africa second
teamwin UK, South Africa Second

Senior, individual win and second place to USA
teamwin to South Africa, France second

The LEO was settled on the last stage with the two going in to it in a tie, shooting in the same squad.
Absolutely awesome drama!

Seems Austin Buschman won, 1 point ahead of Morgun.

Greg Bell posted a FB live video of Austin cleaning his last stage for the win

Pretty awesome

All USA competitors shot incredibly well. It sucks… just 3 or 4 hits away from being able to say no American got out shot at Worlds

Greg Bell posted a FB live video of Austin cleaning his last stage for the win

Pretty awesome

All USA competitors shot incredibly well. It sucks… just 3 or 4 hits away from being able to say no American got out shot at Worlds
Sounds like they actually had those impacts and crappy ROs didn't call them.

I don't have any more details. Just from reading Greg's live updates it sounded like there was some frustration there. Didn't sound like it was just targeted at the Americans, just across the board.
I gotcha. Someone just showed me Greg’s post. I don’t have FB so I’ve been getting those updates second hand. Thanks !

Reactions: Entropicitis
Did the targets have flashers like Magnetospeed ?
Looking at the Ultimate ballistics page and FB page ,is get a feeling that for an WC it was a rather rudimentiary setup

Did the targets have flashers like Magnetospeed ?
Looking at the Ultimate ballistics page and FB page ,is get a feeling that for an WC it was a rather rudimentiary setup
Blinkers on some, but some plates without were not very reactive on perfect center hits with 105 grain bullets. Some misses were just the human factor.
Remember a few things, there are no commercial prs ranges atleast in my corner of the EU, and these people were thrown into it last minute and were sitting outside with no shade in 30+ celsius four days in a row.
It can and will get better, but these people all stepped up last minute and made this awesome event possible.
Every single competitor I spoke to gave the event a huge thumbs up, and many had thoughts on points of improvement like you would in any first time event like this.

Last edited:
Factory, individual win to UK, South Africa second
teamwin UK, South Africa Second
All of the GB Team were Shooting AI AT-Xs with premium scopes. Whilst they shot well in this niche category, they would probably not be eligible for PRS 'Production' Class as the average rifle cost across the team would have been approx $8800 each.

All of the GB Team were Shooting AI AT-Xs with premium scopes. Whilst they shot well in this niche category, they would probably not be eligible for PRS 'Production' Class as the average rifle cost across the team would have been approx $8800 each.
Yea, I wish AIs were accepted in the PRS production division.