• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

Thanks man me too! It's my second one. I had a Carbon Black/Imola back in 2008 til about 2012. This one is Silver Grey/Impulse Cloth. Slowing turning it into a CSL clone.
Ah yes. The CSL was the epitome of E46 ///M3 perfection. Back then I was driving a standard naturally aspirated E46 that included the sports package (2001-2015). But what I really wanted was the M3 ZCP in Interlagos Blue w/ Cinnamon leather interior, but that dream did not manifest to reality. Now that we're better positioned financially, and as we continue to make smart investments towards financial independence, I might need to start hunting one down sooner or later. Sorry to jump off topic.

Ah yes. The CSL was the epitome of E46 ///M3 perfection. Back then I was driving a standard naturally aspirated E46 that included the sports package (2001-2015). But what I really wanted was the M3 ZCP in Interlagos Blue w/ Cinnamon leather interior, but that dream did not manifest to reality. Now that we're better positioned financially, and as we continue to make smart investments towards financial independence, I might need to start hunting one down sooner or later. Sorry to jump off topic.

Better get on it! These suckers are shooting back up in value. Especially a ZCP with Cinnamon. I wanted an 06 ZCP Silver Grey, slick top, and cloth manual seats. After a few years of nothing popping up this 04 with ZCP wheels popped up at a decent price with the manual cloth seats so I jumped on it!

Sadly it's not a slick top. It'll be a fun project to get the trunk, front bumper, air box, and maybe even the carbon roof.

Anyways back on track...

458145E3-98DA-4AEA-8633-F02F0CBE8726.jpeg

Nice there is a guy on YouTube from Norway that shoots that chassis.

It has become quite popular amongst PRS-shooters in Norway, a quick search on the tag «thevisionchassis» on Instagram shows alot of pics that would fit in in this thread!

Sauer does not import very many (if any) STR 200's, and they have stopped the import of Sauer SSG 3000s into the USA.

I love Sauer/Sig Sauers rifles that are more or less based on the same design,
SSG3000/200STR, 202 and 404. But yeah, seems like they are not that usual in the US(?). Theyre loss I guess;)

Reactions: FjallJager
APRS Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag
24 Inch Maddco Barrel 1:11.25
Rifle Basix trigger
KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NXS Mil dot reticle mil/mil turrets with nightforce ultralight rings
Nightforce 20 MOA rail
10 rnd Accuracy International LA magazine
All cerekoted in FDE by RC Custom coatings.

737a3eec2f2bb93e2917cf3c11a0238c.jpg

Blaser Tactical 2 in .338 Lapua Magnum
5-25x56 PMII P4F Reticle mil/mil
SPUHR Rings on a 40 MOA Blaser rail

747e5fc78c2554497260cad874f9a848.jpg

If I ever win the lottery, I'm getting a blaser. I love the straight pull bolt

I have not been able to shoot it yet, but just messing around with it it seems good. Great ergonomics.

It is heavy, the 200STR is no lightweight rifle, and the chassis adds alot to it. Setup like in the pics it weighs approximately 9.5kg.

Also looks like Sig Sauer has been watching, released this one today. Should be able to retrofit on all TR200.
Looks promising.
Chassis only: 2200USD
Rifle with chassis: 4700USD
Prices converted from Scandinavian currency.

View attachment 7257423View attachment 7257424

What i know, that chassis is made and design in Sweden by.
Sauer rifle is made in Germany, but that chassis is not.

I would go for Vision chassis, couple of my Norwegian insta buddies has that, and i have seen those photos and videos how well they
shoot with those, and those are very protean.
Check this guy account.

Reactions: JER6.5
Newest family member.
6mm Creedmoor
Hart MTU contour
McMillan a3 sniper fill
FN SPR action
PTG bottom metal
APA little bastard
Timney trigger
NF NX8 4-32
Talley Tactical rings
All work by Jon Slagle @ L3 rifles

still not broken in... shots 31-33 with 108gr eldm
Lots of fine tuning to do
FAC04D98-42FE-4353-B4E8-D9779687E8C8.jpeg
75CF5B11-E395-49D9-B549-419E4CA7DC2F.jpeg

It was once a Tikka T3X CTR.
Not much left of that :D
View attachment 7258368
Is that in a Whiskey 3? What all have you done to that rifle? It's a nice setup. I've got a Tikka CTR that I've done a lot of work to. I love the CTR's right out of the box but with just a little bit of investing in it they're some serious shooters. After I shoot the barrel out of it I'll be getting a heavier barrel for it. Gonna keep the 20" length though. It shoots incredibly well for such a short little rifle. Unbelievable how well Tikkas perform for the price point.

Last edited:
Reactions: viking78
Probably a stretch for this thread...
Here is an old Rem 700 ADL 22-250 I did this winter. Redid the stock, Cleaned up the metal, worked on the trigger, and removed the sights. It’s already taken a couple coyotes this year to break it in.

73C3E54E-DB95-40D4-B056-C2FDFC447FD8.jpeg

Damn! I'm thoroughly jealous of your rifles!! Very impressive for sure. I've found that my Tikka really likes the 130 Bergers. I've heard really good things about the Scenars. I have a friend with 6.5x47 Lapua that runs 139 gr Scenars and he gets great accuracy with it. This is my first Tikka, but my second 6.5 and I really like the caliber as well as the rifle. My wife is Finnish so she was very excited for me to get this rifle to set up for the kids to hunt with. I'm running a Leupold Mk5HD 3.6-18 on mine. I like the Razors as well though.

Reactions: viking78
New PRS/long range hunting rig.

Curtis Custom Vector
Proof Carbon Sendero 1-7.5 twist 6.5 creedmoor 26 inch barrel
Manners PRS1 MCS DBM GEN2 with thumb shelf elite tactical swamp camo
Trigger tech Diamond flat pvd
Area 419 arcalok universal barricade rail
MDT Ckyepod standard
Spuhr SP4301 Mount (20moa rail 10moa mount
Kahles 525i LSW SKMR
APA GEN 3 little bastard brake (installing tomorrow before I test fire it).
13lbs as it sits in the picture.

View attachment 7260330
That ghetto-ass mirror dresser tho...:love:

This is a little old but would it count as a “precision rifle?” Pre-64 model 70 bull gun. Made in 1938, it’s twenty years older than me. It’s chambered in .30-06 and is topped with a 15X Unertl scope.

The furthest that I’ve shot it is 300 yards with three inch groups.

B3255C05-B321-49FD-9851-96EC73242F99.jpeg

9c19fc1a492982b2569ed8699ee52af0.jpg

Last edited:
Well I finished up a new rifle build yesterday, so it was time to shoot it. And since weather has finally broke... we could make it to the range now that the snow is melting. And Mounted a Razor on my old trusty Kimber... and brought a buddy along... let's hope the snow stays away!! Then I brought it home and promptly mounted a ARCA rail.
20200228_164311.jpg
20200229_170913.jpg
20200229_193554.jpg
20200229_170327.jpg
20200229_170234.jpg

While the photo of my Barrett MRAD in 300 Win Mag is impressive ... it's not near as impressive as seeing it basically "alone" at my awesome range in Central Oregon (COSSA). This is at the 500-yard "Sight In Range" (paper out to 200 - steel to 500). After getting a good zero, I moved from there to the 1,800-yard "Gong Range". This photo was last Wednesday ... sunny, 60-degrees, and light wind. Shot three different rifles, at two different ranges, for 4 hours without seeing another living soul. What's not to love about that?

MRAD Range Day.jpg

While the photo of my Barrett MRAD in 300 Win Mag is impressive ... it's not near as impressive as seeing it basically "alone" at my awesome range in Central Oregon (COSSA). This is at the 500-yard "Sight In Range" (paper out to 200 - steel to 500). After getting a good zero, I moved from there to the 1,800-yard "Gong Range". This photo was last Wednesday ... sunny, 60-degrees, and light wind. Shot three different rifles, at two different ranges, for 4 hours without seeing another living soul. What's not to love about that?

Dude, I had a similar experience on Saturday morning. The old lady had some bullshit appointment (hair?, I don't know), anyway I had to drive away from a perfectly empty range. I got 2 hours by myself.

Dude, I had a similar experience on Saturday morning. The old lady had some bullshit appointment (hair?, I don't know), anyway I had to drive away from a perfectly empty range. I got 2 hours by myself.

I feel sorry for you. I know what you’re going through.

The field marshal that I was married to got pissed if I went hunting or shooting. She got pissed if I spent time with her anyway. She was born pissed off. She just needed an excuse to be pissed and I was there.

I have discovered my second childhood since she left. Every spare moment of time is spent doing something shooting related.

Wait! What? "You" had to leave the range because your "wife" had an appointment? I'm clearly missing some important details here. If it wasn't either a "Marriage Counseling" session ... or a "Fertility Supplier" appointment ... (both of which sort of require your active participation) ... why on earth would you have to leave?

I'm looking seriously at building a rifle from Northland Shooter's Supply. More specifically, a BAT Machine action with a Remage barrel.

Anyone have any experience with NSS, Bat Machine and/or Remage barrels?

I'm looking seriously at building a rifle from Northland Shooter's Supply. More specifically, a BAT Machine action with a Remage barrel.

Anyone have any experience with NSS, Bat Machine and/or Remage barrels?
You'd probably get some better info by starting a new thread instead of asking in the picture thread, but here is my take:

NSS - Great.
BAT Machine - No experience. Benchrest guys like them, but I'd probably just get a Zermatt TL3 from NSS.
Remage - Simple nut system just like a Savage barrel swap. Quality will be dependent on who makes it. NSS has the CBI Remage, so I think you'd be fine going with one.

Last edited:
BAT is the Formula One car in benchrest. The tolerances are pretty tight. Barnard is another super tight action, they are made in New Zealand. Not sure I'd pick either one for a PRS/NRL/Hunting rifle.

Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 creedmoor
Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x44

Howa 1500 American Flag in .308
Niko Sterling Diamond LR 4-16x50

Attachments

• savage.jpg
    savage.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Howa 308.jpg
    Howa 308.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 73
Nice bolt handle. Did you get out today on 3/08 and shoot your 308? I did :)
Not today, but i will next weekend. Sadly she only has 30 rounds through her. Most of my shooting is with handguns, ar's, and shotguns. But ive been itching for precision lately.

Reactions: b2lee
Not today, but i will next weekend. Sadly she only has 30 rounds through her. Most of my shooting is with handguns, ar's, and shotguns. But ive been itching for precision lately.

It's an itch that can get expensive quick....but damn if it isn't a fun itch....I hope you have a lot of fun with that bad boy.

Reactions: Thecelt
What's this!? A new Tac Ops Delta 51!? With a surgeon dbm!? I've been drooling over this gun forever and now thanks to Mike R. @tacops I can finally post something fun on this thread. Life is good! Now if the ATF will just let my suppressor of jail the package will be complete.
20200311_204849.jpg
20200311_204926.jpg
20200311_204940.jpg
20200311_204849.jpg
20200311_204926.jpg
20200311_204940.jpg

I don't have anything really high end. Have a few that can outshoot me, though.

Lousy pic, but my XR-100 in 308 does OK.

2nd from the left.

3ec6rUh.jpg

And these 2 Bergaras do OK, as well. The Rem I still haven't found anything it really likes.

Managed some sub-MOA groups, but nothing spectacular, .8-.9 range.

4f4o4H9.jpg

p7NH9P7.jpg

I kick myself a lot for screwing up the 5th round.

O1DfbH9.jpg

Last edited:
6.5x300 WBY Pic.jpg

6.5x300 Weatherby HMT Custom
30" Bartlein Barrel 1:8.0 twist
FB Muzzle Brake
Timney Calvin Elite 8oz Trigger
5 round box magzine
NightForce NXS 8x32 zero stop scope
Harris bipod
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 5 Fully adjustable stock
127g Barnes LRX bullet @ 3,730 fps
<5" groups @ 1,000 yds

Last edited:
338-378 WBY Pic.jpg

338-378 Weatherby
Mark 5 Weatherby Action
29" Krieger Barrel w/ 1:9.35 twist
FB Muzzle Brake
Timney Calvin Elite 8oz Trigger
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 5 fully adjustable stock
Harris Bipod
NightForce NXS 8x32 zero Stop scope
300g Berger OTM tactical Hybrid Bullet @ 3,030 fps

Well I can’t wait to post new build coming my way in a 2 ish weeks!! Just waiting on my prefit bbl delivery.

curtis custom vector action
26” medium palma 1:7 twist 25 cal chambered in 25 creed
Mpa comp chassis will be here Tuesday next week
Trigger tech diamond
131 blackjacks wirh alpha small rifle primer brass

loading up 100 75gr eld-X’s tonight in order to be prepared to break barrel in, settle barrel in, and get brass to once fired so I can be ready to start load development on it!! Wil post pictures when the rest of parts come in!!!