• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

R&D 308win with USO SN3

CCWsRD308w2-18-08a.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thecloudofdeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah!
We have another big tough guy on the internet.
Everybodys tough on the internet arent they.Your going to call good groups at 800 heroic deeds? If you dont believe it, why are you even bothering to fight about it? I think you are jealous.
If someone came on here claiming they could shoot 1/2 inch at 1k,
there is no way I would get pissed off and fight with him over it, I would probably congratulate him and not believe another word he says, but you on the other hand are probably pissed because you have spent thousands of dollars on a rifle that you couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with because you are blind.

Truth hurts doesnt it! </div></div>

Why are you guys feeding the 12 year old troll. NOBODY is this fucking stupid. Clearly someones troll account fucking with people. Even teenagers realize how stupid he sounds. Give me a break.

Nice! How do you like the GAT stock? I had a chance to handle a Manners, my AICS, and a McMillan A5 back to back. Manners felt every bit as solid as the McM.

I like the thumb shelf on the grip. I wish AI would make some skins like that...

Again, nice rifle!

I'll keep this going....

BoltGuns.jpg

Top is Rem 700 .308, trued action, Krieger 1/10 tube, badger bolt knob, base, recoil lug, and now rings. Glass is Leupy Mk 4 6.5-20 mildot.

Bottom is Rem 700 5R Leupy Mk 4 3.5-10 duplex, standard leupy bases and rings, "custom" krylon camo job - this one is my deer hunting rifle

Just field testing some Myth Busting. Heard a rumor that Kimbers were prone to rust,though I'm patiently awaiting that to happen.

Always nice to lend a subtention reference to trout.

Another of my favorite rifles.

WinterSteelheadF.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CORRECTOMUNDO!

IMG_1048.jpg

</div></div>

You suck! I so want a USO Spotter, but I have too many things on my Equipment WANT list and a few on my NEED list before it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You suck! I so want a USO Spotter, but I have too many things on my Equipment WANT list and a few on my NEED list before it. </div></div>

You and everybody else on this site.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOBODY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speak for yourself.

I'll stay 65mm straight body Zeiss.

SportySpicePackageB.jpg
</div></div>

Hahaha, yeah right after I typed that I started thinking about Zak.

So, maybe just most of us.

Nice hat btw.

Damn I miss fishing!! Never got much experience fresh water, mostly off-shore and surf... But any type would suit me fine about now!!

Nice trout & gear Nobody! It must be awesome having the backyard you do!!

Screw that hat man I need your raingear Oregon Coastal hunting would never be the same with some nice slicks like that!

Don't you get sweaty as hell under those?

I haven't gone fishing yet at all this year your pics are making me think it's about time I did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Torfinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw that hat man I need your raingear Oregon Coastal hunting would never be the same with some nice slicks like that!

Don't you get sweaty as hell under those?

</div></div>

That's Helly Hansen gear. It's about the best you can get. Used it when sailing/racing.

my remmy .223 I call it baby boy

started life as a SPS tactical, changed stock to a 700p takeoff textured it got a trigger job, added that scope for now shoots 1/4 MOA groups at 100 yds. I jsut got lucky

700new.jpg

LOL, yeah, good thing I probably won't live to retirement age . . .
blush.gif

Speaking of living fast, you're up late . . .
wink.gif

Marmot Oracle is THE shit for running & gunning,HH Impertech is good in some applications but doesn't breathe,is heavier and offers less range of motion. Doesn't compress nearly as well either.

I don't backpack HH.

godDAM E.Shell!

I AM impressed to say the least. I could spend the better part of a day just coon-fingerin' all those rifles and scopes.

Infukkincredible.

E.Shell, I'm sure there are those that would like some specs on all your collection, but could you tell me a little about the Camo Ruger 10/22 second from the bottom.

Thanx for your time.
Halfnutz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E.Shell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PrecisionHerd01s.jpg

PrecisionHerd02s.jpg
</div></div>

Mate, I bet your Mrs can buy whatever she likes when she goes shopping.

You have no right at all to EVER tell her she's spent too much, LOL ("Another pair of shoes? Sure Honey, anything you like, you know you can't have too many of anything")

That's one awesome collection my friend............very impressive, and from what I can make out, a lot of quality.

Well done.
grin.gif

I hope you have all that stuff o the home insurance policy.
That's 10K in glass alone!

WOW!!!
You an NOBODY should talk.

Thanks guys! I've been accumulating this stuff and trading up for a VERY long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ed you didn't even include Laura's pink rifles? WTH? She has her own collection too you should show off. </div></div>
Hey Sean, I did include her precision rifle, but not her ARs. That pink-stocked bolt gun between the green LTR and tan deer rifle is her GAP .243. If I took a pic of all her pink guns together at once, it would hurt your eyes to look at it. . .
cry.gif

PrecisionHerd03gs.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">E.Shell, I'm sure there are those that would like some specs on all your collection, but could you tell me a little about the Camo Ruger 10/22 second from the bottom.

Thanx for your time.
Halfnutz </div></div>
Halfnutz, that 10/22 has a no-name Midway stock with my "special" Krylon camo job, a Volquartsen target hammer kit and an AAC "Cloak" integrally suppressed match barrel. The ring on the barrel is a TPS rail adapter to mount a remote-switch Sure-Fire style light. The scope base and rings are TPS and the scope is a Leupold 3-9x EFR. I have the same scope for it in matte, but it's away at Leupold getting the AO fixed. Been a great little rifle for suburban pest control and with CB caps I can knock most of the squirrels out of a tree before they even realize they're being assaulted.

PrecisionHerd03bs.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mate, I bet your Mrs can buy whatever she likes when she goes shopping.</div></div>
Archer, she doesn't go shopping, she thinks we're broke . . .
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cducati</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you have all that stuff o the home insurance policy. . .</div></div>
Absolutely

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> . . .You an NOBODY should talk. </div></div>

Yeah, I'd bet we both have a couple habits, LOL.

I started doing my own work a while ago for various reasons which I wont go into here.

My first ground up tactical build:

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

It shoots

DSCN0823.jpg

Yup its a BAT

DSCN0815.jpg

6.5x47, .290" neck and throated for 123g Scenars.

That is a very impressive lineup rifles. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth. What calibers and do you get to shoot them very much? Are the light stocked ones Cooper rifles? Again a very nice collection...........GW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a very impressive lineup rifles. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth. What calibers and do you get to shoot them very much? Are the light stocked ones Cooper rifles? Again a very nice collection...........GW </div></div>
Thank you. No Coopers tho.

Left to right:
M-700 6.5-300 Weatherby, Leupold 6.5-20x50 (Sid Goodling)
M-700 .22-250, Leupold 6.5-20x50(RW & PJ Hart)
M-700 6.5-284, NF NXS 5.5-22x50 (GA Precision)
M-700 .260, NF NXS 5.5-22x50 (GA Precision)
M-700 .308, NF NXS 3.5-15x50 (OEM +/- VS)
M-700 .30-06 AI, Leupold 3.5-10x40 (Bennett)
M-700 .243, Leupold 4.5-14x40(GA Precision)
M-700 .308, Leupold 4.5-14x50 (OEM +/- LTR)
AR-10 .308, Leupold 3.5-10x40 (OEM Armalite)
AR-15 .223, Leupold MK4 10x40 (FrankenColt)
AR-15 .223, Leupold 3.5-10x50 (OEM Colt)
10/22 .22LR, Leupold 3-9x32 EFR (suppressed FrankenRuger)
10/22 .22LR, Leupold 4.5-14x40 AO (target bareeled FrankenRuger)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOBODY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marmot Oracle is THE shit for running & gunning,HH Impertech is good in some applications but doesn't breathe,is heavier and offers less range of motion. Doesn't compress nearly as well either.

I don't backpack HH. </div></div>

Well thanks for clarifying. Appreciate it. Nice fishin pics man.

Thanks E.Shell, the stock looks like it has a wider than normal forend on the Ruger. I like the idea of the integrally suppressed, it has a sleeper look to it. Unfortunatly not in Illinois.

Here is my 10 fp that I slipped into a set of AICS skins. To the best of my knowledge it is the first one.

I machined the chassis out of some 6061 alum in two pieces. Our machines only have about 21" of x travel and I didn't want to spring 140$ for a 3' section anyways. My buddy just got cinci with 40" of travel so when I get this all squared away I can do one piece chassis's.

This is more of a prototype than anything, but is coming together nicely. I have a few things left to do; trigger inlet and tang relief, as well as a bling mag though for the time being it will stay a SS. also have to add a bolt surround.

Picture-3.jpg

Picture001-6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BPaige</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my 10 fp that I slipped into a set of AICS skins. To the best of my knowledge it is the first one.

I machined the chassis out of some 6061 alum in two pieces. Our machines only have about 21" of x travel and I didn't want to spring 140$ for a 3' section anyways. My buddy just got cinci with 40" of travel so when I get this all squared away I can do one piece chassis's.

This is more of a prototype than anything, but is coming together nicely. I have a few things left to do; trigger inlet and tang relief, as well as a bling mag though for the time being it will stay a SS. also have to add a bolt surround.

Picture-3.jpg

Picture001-6.jpg
</div></div>

WOW!!!! I am impressed. Keep us posted on your developments.

Wow! Was quite enjoyable having a cup of Joe here and looking through everyone's pics. DAYUM!! Just getting started back shooting after over a 10 year hiatus. Did not realize how much I missed all of this. Here are a couple pics of my favorite rifle for any real distance at this time.

l_3fa5f21df700bee81d4de15269510e3d.jpg

l_46afb565f0a0f54d23bcf708383892cf.jpg

The GC is a very light two stage - better feel and release than an AW if I can compare them.

First stage almost featherweight pull, quite long, then you meet 2nd stage, the release is creep free and very crisp.

Trigger has easy to read instruction sheet on how to ajust the two stages, they work in union with each other (you have to read the sheet to see what I mean)

I like it, I prefer two stage triggers, I plan to retrofit all my Rem 700's with this trigger unit.

I did have to alter the Badger metal work just a little in my mill to fit the unit so that it didnt touch the sides or underneath of the guard.

Easy job, could be done with a file or dremel, I have the luxury of a mill.

I have a secondary post about the rifle running with a bit more detail in the same section.

Here is some of my stuff:
All .308
FN: trigger, rebeded, bolt smoothed
Custom Remington, work done by Master gunsmith Don White, Jewel trigger, barrell laped,Cryo treated, brake, recoils like a 22.
Sig Blaser LRS

DSCN0023-1.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0024-1.jpg