• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

543260_417848811578922_1591919340_n.jpg

Savage 110BA .300wm
Rem. 5R .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good day at Ft.Dix

IMG_0115.jpg
</div></div>

Great looking rifle. I'm a big multicam fan too. Love the stuff.

Remington 700 SA
Krieger 22" .308 tightbore med Palma
McMillan A3 inletted and bedded by McMillan
Badger M5 bottom metal, bipod rail, 20MOA scope rail, and rings
Atlas V8
Triad stock pack
Vortex Viper PST 6-24 SFP mil/mil
Action work and assembly by AZ Precision (PCR)

IMGP5550.jpg

Not nearly as nice as a lot of the rifles posted here, but it is a good start for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love in Moon! </div></div>

Thanks PC, I love it to. I remember when I 1st shot it still. I noticed my 1st shot group still. I couldn't see any spread and I was getting real mad thinking "W.I.T.F am I doing wrong?!" I wasn't doing anything wrong at all; it was making 1 hole lol.

A guy in here "Tactical/Mike" talked about how accurate AJ's rifle's were and I had to see it 1st hand. Well, all I have to do follow the basic principal's of marksmanship and the rifle does all the rest.

Regard's
-Ms

Im planning on getting the action trued and rebarrelled to something heavier and 18.5" this winter.

.308 Remm 700 factory barrel and action
YHM Phantom
Mcree Chassis
Atlas bipods
Jewel Trigger
NF 3.5-15 mil/mil
BO rings
BO 20MOA rail

2nd Pic is at 700 yards, no wind, and don't ask me how many rounds it took to get on target
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trued Remington 700 action, McMillan A5 stock 70%OD green and 30%black, Kreiger 24" MTU contour barrel, one piece fluted bolt, badger bottom metal for detachable magazine, leupold Mark 4 scope with a Vortex bubble level.

f1k5mg.jpg

cktx2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HunterH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trued Remington 700 action, McMillan A5 stock 70%OD green and 30%black, Kreiger 24" MTU contour barrel, one piece fluted bolt, badger bottom metal for detachable magazine, leupold Mark 4 scope with a Vortex bubble level.

f1k5mg.jpg

cktx2.jpg
</div></div>

This looks almost EXACTLY like the rifle Jim Clark, Jr. used to dominate with back 7-8 years ago.. I mean EXACT.

Here is my Rifle,

Remington 700 .308
Bedded with Devcon
Shilen Trigger
Wyatts bottom metal with 5 round mag
Bell&Carlson Stock
Atlas Bipod
Badger FTE Brake
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 MLR reticle, Mil Knobs, and ZS

F0BB6B7A-E9A1-4928-85D2-97E23935BDC0.jpeg

163DAEAC-4FF8-4A34-996A-ECB50185D3FE.jpeg

FD23F2B9-7BC8-45BC-B354-E714EF3EC92A.jpeg

My first bedding job
B0142F77-74FE-4578-A20C-D8BD7A481B40.jpeg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how bout a thread for everybody to post pics of their long range rifles. ill have pics of mien as soon as i find the card reader.

cory </div></div>

After shooting my Tac Ops X-Ray 51 a friend of mine decided that he had to have an X-Ray 51, so I introduced that friend to Mike Rescigno at Tac Ops, and Mike agreed to build a lefty version for my friend. Below are some photos of my friend's brand new LEFTY Tac Ops X-Ray 51 wearing a PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR CCW in Mark 4 High (1.06") rings and a 24 MOA Tac Ops Two-Piece Base. You'll notice the [Birdong] Green-T on the rifle doesn't match the Green-T on the rings - that's because those rings are off of my original <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span>, and Birdsong "T" finishes change over time. You can see <span style="font-style: italic">current</span> photos of my X-Ray 51 in my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"X-Ray 51 Redux"</span></span> thread from about three months ago. That Green-T is reminiscent of the original Green-T used on older Tac Ops rifles.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">LH X-Ray 51 w/SS McMillan Adj. Chkpce, Tac Ops Bottom Metal, Mark 4 Highs' with PMII 5-25X[56mm} + USO ARD over Tac Ops Two-Piece Base:</span></span>
LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBLS45Angle18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjRS45Angle18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBLSProfile18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBRSProfile18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of fitted Tac Ops 303 Stainless floorplate finished in Birdsong "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T. Soft radiuses all-around:</span></span>
TOBottomMetalLHX-Ray518x6.jpg

TOBottomMetalLHX-Ray38x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Old-school, hammer & chisel engravings on barrel. You can also see the "soft", radiused edges on recoil lug and action:</span></span>
LeftyTacticalOperationsEngraving8x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51Engraving18x6.jpg

LeftyTacticalOperationsX-Ray51Engravings8x6.jpg

Lefty308Engraving8x6.jpg

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops shortens the cheekpiece thumbscrew(s) for a lower profile, more snag-resistant setup:</span></span>
ShortenedMcMillanAdjScrewCU8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">As always, Tac Ops "times" the screws on the Anschutz Rail. This is a 10" Rail, but an 8" is available:</span></span>
LeftyX-Ray51AnschutzRail18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">My RH X-Ray 51 w/Loggerhead ACH (foreground) and my friend's LH X-Ray 51 w/Single Screw McMillan Integral ACH (in background):</span></span>
LHRHX-Ray51Twins18x6.jpg

Keith

Just had the brake installed and bolt fluted .

IMG_0390.jpg

20120726_190146.jpg

Had the muzzle brake custom made
Changed trigger to 3lbs
Lowered my scope with night force lows
Nightforce nxs 5.5x20 moar
Atlas bipod and spigot
Accu shot monopod
Aics stock

Top to bottom: Model 70 custom .223 w/7 twist tube, .308, .223, 22 rimfire

IMAG0115-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I realized that the last time I through some picture up in this thread was years ago. Thus it is about time for an update.

65_creed.jpg

338jutflauge.jpg
</div></div>

Really nice! Can you provide build specs/builder for the second rifle - and who did that awesome paint?

The second rifle is my 338 Lapua. It was built by several companies who are no longer in business and the paint is my own doings. The specs are:

Lawton 8500 action
Lawton 28 inch 1:9 barrel w/brake
Seekins DBM
Manners MCS-T4 stock
TPS rings and base
Premier 5-25x56 scope with genII XR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moadrifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I realized that the last time I through some picture up in this thread was years ago. Thus it is about time for an update.

65_creed.jpg

338jutflauge.jpg
</div></div>

Really nice! Can you provide build specs/builder for the second rifle - and who did that awesome paint? </div></div>

Thanks. Excellent paint job - I would say you may have missed your calling but we need you more where you are
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supermag99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really tactical - but this is what I use when I need to hit something.

6br.jpg

Bat Action

6br_action.jpg

Messing around at 500 yards

target.jpg
</div></div>

6BR?

My new AX308
1 in 12" twist
ASE Utra SL5 moderator
Nightforce 12-42x NXS

Shoots like a dream !

28072012090.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downrange914</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new AX308
1 in 12" twist
ASE Utra SL5 moderator
Nightforce 12-42x NXS

Shoots like a dream !

28072012090.jpg
</div></div>

awsome rig..but help me understand i thought guns were not allowed in the UK..love how you call it a moderator!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downrange914</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new AX308
1 in 12" twist
ASE Utra SL5 moderator
Nightforce 12-42x NXS

Shoots like a dream !

28072012090.jpg
</div></div>

awsome rig..but help me understand i thought guns were not allowed in the UK..love how you call it a moderator! </div></div>

Thank you
smile.gif

Mostly everything is banned - can't remember the exact law on handguns but I *think* only black powder pistols are allowed (there's a petition to bring back .22 pistols but the appetite on the Government's side is very low), but for rifles definitely you're only allowed semis up to .22 calibre - anything above has to be single shot (although magazines and moderators are allowed)

I would of gone for a 338, but for the length of the range I go to, the range is too small - there's only about 10 ranges in the UK where you can shoot 338s and you have to be able to drive to all of them - which I can't do cause of my eyesight ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downrange914</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thank you
smile.gif

Mostly everything is banned - can't remember the exact law on handguns but I *think* only black powder pistols are allowed (there's a petition to bring back .22 pistols but the appetite on the Government's side is very low), but for rifles definitely you're only allowed semis up to .22 calibre - anything above has to be single shot (although magazines and moderators are allowed)

I would of gone for a 338, but for the length of the range I go to, the range is too small - there's only about 10 ranges in the UK where you can shoot 338s and you have to be able to drive to all of them - which I can't do cause of my eyesight ....</div></div>

You can get pistols on a Section 5 Firearms licence, but only for "humane dispatch".

Bolt Actions, Semis (only rimfire semis) and shotguns that hold more than 3 rounds all go on a Section 1 firearms licence.

But Shotguns are relatively easy to get hold of.
smile.gif

I for one dont feel any need for a 50cal. Just isnt my cup of tea. Also I want to see some more pics of the naked lady!! Haha

I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

So what? There are dozens of way to store your dope chart. There is no set rules that say we need to tape it to the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

So what? There are dozens of way to store your dope chart. There is no set rules that say we need to tape it to the rifle. </div></div>

No one said anything about rules, but, well, I'd lose it if I didn't have it fastened. It's kludgy; is there a better way (other than some electronic gizmo)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

So what? There are dozens of way to store your dope chart. There is no set rules that say we need to tape it to the rifle. </div></div>

No one said anything about rules, but, well, I'd lose it if I didn't have it fastened. It's kludgy; is there a better way (other than some electronic gizmo)? </div></div>

A Ballistic computer kills a dope chart thats pasted on the side of your rifle. Takes all variables into account, not just elevation and wind at a given altitude or angle. Mine fits in my pocket!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

No one said anything about rules, but, well, I'd lose it if I didn't have it fastened. It's kludgy; is there a better way (other than some electronic gizmo)? </div></div>

A Ballistic computer kills a dope chart thats pasted on the side of your rifle. Takes all variables into account, not just elevation and wind at a given altitude or angle. Mine fits in my pocket!</div></div>

Leery of electronics, but willing to consider. I didn't grow up in an age where putting a chip in everything made it better. Couldn't help but observe that no one has data on the rifle where it can't be lost or "break." Ipods and such don't seem to be very resistant to environment (water, dirt). Reading fine print on an electronic display screen outdoors in bright sunlight doesn't appeal to me, either.

KISS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Leery of electronics, but willing to consider. I didn't grow up in an age where putting a chip in everything made it better. Couldn't help but observe that no one has data on the rifle where it can't be lost or "break." Ipods and such don't seem to be very resistant to environment (water, dirt). Reading fine print on an electronic display screen outdoors in bright sunlight doesn't appeal to me, either.

KISS. </div></div>

I have an iphone with shooter, when hunting I carry it, but always seem to only use the chart taped to the side of my stock. Faster, easier and it hasn't failed me for over 30 years:) Then again I haven't shot at any animal at 1000 yrds either.
I like KISS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

I use Velcro, not tape
wink.gif

7magnum.jpg

Hey can anyone tell me how much knock down power a 308 has at 600 yards....will it put a good hole in a 225 lbs whitetail?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironmanms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey can anyone tell me how much knock down power a 308 has at 600 yards....will it put a good hole in a 225 lbs whitetail? </div></div>

Ironmanms,

My 180 Nosler Ballistic Tip load has a bit over 1350 ft/lbs of energy at 600 yards.

thats one of the sweetest looking rifles i have ever seen... that's the definition of a tricked out freak nasty badass f**kin boom stick!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle.</div></div>
I do, as basic as it comes actual range data, but have only shot 3 and 600 so far with this setup. Roll on October, 100 - 1100m ETR field firing range
IMG_0370.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aspen69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just had the brake installed and bolt fluted .

IMG_0390.jpg
</div></div>

That looks very familiar.
wink.gif
Great looking stick.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

Tikka T3 Scout CTR .308 Win, 20 Inch Barrel.
Factory Action, Bolt Handle, and Trigger Tuned to 2.5 lbs.
EGW 20 MOA Base
Seekins 34mm Low Rings
Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 x 50mm (G2 Reticles)
KRG W3 Folder Chassis (Waited on Long time for this and Thanks So Much to Justin at KRG!!! Great Person, Great Product, Great Customer Serivice!!!)
Harris S Bipod
Accushot Monopod (On the Way)

2qvunhi.jpg

2jaxffa.jpg

2yo5uhf.jpg

28iurgx.jpg

15xwlg9.jpg

30sj9kz.jpg

2yud3ia.jpg

2i0bte8.jpg

1zxuyat.jpg

First trip to the range right after the W3 install. 5 Shot Group Shot at 100 Yards off Bipod and my hand holding up the back.

Many nice sticks on here. these are mine.
for out to a mile
DSC01113.jpg

For out to 1K

DSC01270.jpg

The one that started it all

DSC01059.jpg