• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Just received my Manners T4A stock this week. Savage 10 PC .308, Zeiss 4.5-14x44, TBAC 30BA

Savage 10 PC Manners.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I finally finished my version of the ultimate long range coyote rifle. This rifle was put together by that guy at PPR. You know, that guy that does all the bolt fluting. LOL. I coated all metal in Sniper Grey Cerakote.
Chambered in 6.5 x 47 Lapua. Load development was short and sweet. 38.0 gr. of Varget over a 130 Berger VLD does the trick nicely. I decided to make my own muzzle brake out of a remnant of barrel. Worked out nicely.
And the best part is that the rifle comes in at 10.5 lbs. all up. Time to find some coyotes!

Here are the specifics of the build:

Bighorn short action
Bighorn 20 MOA base
McMillan A-5 with the Edge Tech. 2.25 lbs.
Jewell Trigger set at 8 oz.
Hart barrel fluted by PPR
Chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua by PPR
Pillar Bedded by PPR
Nightforce 3.5 x 15 x 56 w/ M.O.A. reticle
PT&G bottom metal w/AI mag
Atlas bi-pod

Thanks for checking it out.

Paul

So, I had an FN SPR that shot erratic. Without getting into details, since I have a GAP Crusader in .308 that shoots great, I decided to convert the FN to 6.5CR. I had originally bought the rifle from Mark at Short Action Customs, so we worked out an equitable deal to do the conversion. I decided the 6.5CR was a logical move, since it was simply switching barrels, truing everything, chambering and cutting the slot for the claw extractor. I can use my AI mags interchangably between both rifles, and not being a re-loader, good Hornady factory match ammo is available.

New barrel is a 6.5CR Bartlein 1:8 twist, 26" medium Palma profile. With the 26" Palma profile, scope and bipod, the gun weight EXACTLY to the once, the same as my 22" GAP Crusader, and has a really nice balance and feel. Here's my new baby, and I'll be going to the range soon to shoot it.

FN%20SPR%2065CR-1.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR-2.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20act-1.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20act-2.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20logo.JPG

Last edited:

Attachments

• blaser tac clear coat complete 3.jpg
    blaser tac clear coat complete 3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 32
  • blaser tac clear coat complete 2.jpg
    blaser tac clear coat complete 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Blaser repaint complete.jpg
    Blaser repaint complete.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 31
looks good! have you done any coyote hunting yet this year? im off to a late start, ill get my first hunt in the day before thanksgiving.

Gents,

Great rifles, all! I'm jealous. All I have is my "old dog" M40A1 clone, but it does the job.

Trued Remington 700 action, Badger rings/mounts, Obermeyer 5R barrel, and lots of other goodies in a McMillan HTG stock. The whole rifle has been treated to Robar's proprietary finish and the internals and bolt have the NP3 finish. It's one slick rig and shoots way better than I can.

Wes

First time I've ever shot a scoped bolt gun on a 25 yard range, but that's where they are holding my suppressor! Had to put a couple rounds through it just because.

Had it outdoors sans suppressor last week to try it out in the new stock I found on Gunbroker of all places. Rifle is a factory 700p cut to 20".

5 shots at 100 yards

I am pretty sure, that some of them actually ARE in US ;) But the company (CZUB) does not make them enymore... Actually, they even stop producing CZ750 (they are not good anyway) and the CZ755 is only one prototype. I had it in hands, but they will go another direction.

Here's my C3A1 clone , its a old school Parker Hale M87 repeating action, 6 rd detachable box magazine , using a original C3A1 Parker Hale mount for the 10x Unertl scope , mine has a USO MST-100 on her , and a SS can , a 1-12 twist barrel , 308 WIN .

Most Parker Hales are close copies of the Mauser 98 type action .

43am.jpg

Hunting with my PGM Ultima Ratio with the suppressed barrell unit:)

2f1w.jpg

Two beauties:) Current scopes are the March 5-40x56 and Hensoldt 4-16x56 AIAW is in 243w but will get another barrell very soon, PGM Ultima Ratio is in 308w, shown with the "intervention" barrell unit

Last edited:
Here is my new left hand action AW in .308 all dressed for Christmas in new Viperskins

Attachments

• AW Viperskins.JPG
    AW Viperskins.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 26
Here's my 338 LM the wife got it hydro dipped for my birthday and I have to say that they did an awsome job I would recomend them to anyone.

Attachments

• Hydro1.jpg
    Hydro1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 29
  • hydro2.jpg
    hydro2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
  • hydro3.jpg
    hydro3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21
Here's mine, via video.

First, the details:

Remington 700 S/A .308
26" 1.11.25 Mike Rock M24 Contour
Gun built and action work done by Roger Burch
Timney trigger
AIAX stock
Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50mm FDE w/Badger 34mm steel rings
Harris Bipod

Rem 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD

Model 700™ SPS™ Tactical AAC®-SD™
Medalist Remington Varmint/Tactical (adjustable stock)
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Mil/Mil Riflescope

Finally got this build and myself settled and performing decently.
Next on the list of wants is a new trigger and a Seekins brake.

View attachment 2385120131215_133742.jpg

Here's my C3A1 clone , its a old school Parker Hale M87 repeating action, 6 rd detachable box magazine , using a original C3A1 Parker Hale mount for the 10x Unertl scope , mine has a USO MST-100 on her , and a SS can , a 1-12 twist barrel , 308 WIN .

Most Parker Hales are close copies of the Mauser 98 type action .

What a great looking rifle and amazing place to shoot!

There is a lot of great stuff on this thread. I didn't even think I should post pictures of my rifle. I finished it on Thanksgiving. This is my first bolt action rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387154124819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387154124819.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22
Cross Canyon Arms (West Haven, UT) "Ventilator" in 300 RUM
Rem 700 Action, Oversize bolt
PacNor 1:9 twist 32" barrel (208 AMAX at 3250 fps with 91 retumbo, match chamber) Teflon coated barrel and action
Seekins 338LM DBM, Badger 30 MOA base and rings with NF NXS MOAR C432
Jewel trigger at 8oz, McMillan A5 stock
Harris BRS, MSP level, ACI

Rem 40-X from Remington Custom Shop in 7mm Rem Mag with factory brake and McMillan A3 stock
Badger 30 MOA base and rings, NF NXS C432 with MSP level and ACI
Harris BRS, Jewel at 6oz
Best shooting rifle I've ever owned, <.2 MOA with 162 AMAX and 64.1 RE-19

DTA HTI in 375 CT with LRA bipod and NF ATACR with MOAR in a SPUHR 4802 (High, 44 MOA, gives me 105 MOA of elevation)

Barrett 82A1 bone stock with Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 in Badger Max-50 rings

Attachments

• LRifles.jpg
    LRifles.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 24
  • LRifles3.jpg
    LRifles3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 24
  • LRifles2.jpg
    LRifles2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
My LRI Group Buy 308. Had it out at Thunder Ranch High angle class and made hits out to 1400 yards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Cross Canyon Arms (West Haven, UT) "Ventilator" in 300 RUM
Rem 700 Action, Oversize bolt
PacNor 1:9 twist 32" barrel (208 AMAX at 3250 fps with 91 retumbo, match chamber) Teflon coated barrel and action
Seekins 338LM DBM, Badger 30 MOA base and rings with NF NXS MOAR C432
Jewel trigger at 8oz, McMillan A5 stock
Harris BRS, MSP level, ACI

Rem 40-X from Remington Custom Shop in 7mm Rem Mag with factory brake and McMillan A3 stock
Badger 30 MOA base and rings, NF NXS C432 with MSP level and ACI
Harris BRS, Jewel at 6oz
Best shooting rifle I've ever owned, <.2 MOA with 162 AMAX and 64.1 RE-19

DTA HTI in 375 CT with LRA bipod and NF ATACR with MOAR in a SPUHR 4802 (High, 44 MOA, gives me 105 MOA of elevation)

Barrett 82A1 bone stock with Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14x50 in Badger Max-50 rings

beautiful guns friend i would hate to see the bill for all those thanks for sharing

Love the rifle. Can you give more specifics on it (parts, who did the work, shot groups)

This is my finished rebuild above kept action and everything else was replaced^^^^

On bottom was the original build but it was way to heavy with the choate stock and Mcgowen 26" bull barrel

Last edited:
Love the rifle. Can you give more specifics on it (parts, who did the work, shot groups)

DPMS LR-308 Upper and Lower Receiver and chrome bolt
DPMS .308 SASS Barrel
Troy TRX308 Handguard
DPMS palm shelf grip
JP Silent Captured Spring
Magpul PRS 308 Stock
Accu-shot PRM Monopod
Geissele SSAE Trigger
Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake
ADM Recon QD Mount
Bushnell HDMR Scope with H59 Reticle

Shoots sub MOA at 200 on the range with 150 - 175 SMK. Haven't gotten to shoot at longer distances.

I also have a 24" DPMS .308 upper which I have not shot yet. It weighs a ton!

Last edited:

This is my finished rebuild above kept action and everything else was replaced^^^^

On bottom was the original build but it was way to heavy with the choate stock and Mcgowen 26" bull barrel

BigRso, I love the coasters! LOL! I guess I will have to take a reel off one of my rods and try one of my coasters.