• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

Hi All,

I've been out of the game for a while due to health problems.
Some years ago I sold my F-Class custom and all my precision reloading tools.
Shooting was very low on the agenda for some years. But after learning to cope with and adapt to my limitations as good as I could, shooting started to matter to me again. It still sucks big time that I can't do what I used to do, but the fun is back again.

So... last october I bought an AICS and a 700 Police.
You may remember the chassis from SH member "Flying Dutchman". He's a good friend of mine and when he got the new AX chassis, I bought his desert camo AICS.
aiak_1.jpg

The 700 only needs a brake and a tactical bolt knob. On top is a Sightron SIII SS 6-24X50 LR/MOA. I'm aware that it's somewhat of a budget scope, but I could not justify the money involved in getting a Schmidt & Bender or something else in that category. The package was getting expensive enough as it is. And it's purely for recreational shooting and some friendly matches on the side. All in all I'm very happy with the Sightron. Good positive clicks on the turrets, tracks as it should and it has very crisp glass that's sharp to the edges. The scope sits in a 30mm Spuhr mount. An incredibly beautiful piece of machined aluminium. The bi-pod is a short swivel Harris with pod-lock.

I took the rifle out for a spin only once since finishing setting it up. After zeroing the rifle, I shot 10rnds at a 100meters, resulting in a sub-moa group. I was pretty chuffed with myself. Especially after not having touched a rifle in over 3 years and shot with standard ammo.
laugh.gif

Cheers, Nick.

Oh, and here are some photo's.
6198728440_7d46e921fb_b.jpg

6198729466_8acf2a753a_b.jpg

6198729316_96d247a32c_b.jpg

6198727406_0e149ba326_b.jpg

6198209927_0bcd2c4d4f_b.jpg

Here's all of the parts slapped together. I'll update this post when I have pictures of the painted barreled action.
6714898335_7239820994_b.jpg

Some fun with HDR...
6714897375_dd58a309bc_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here are mine all at once,

</div></div>

Holy Shit!!I thought i had to many rifles...:) </div></div>

Just a redneck who live's in the woods with to many guns. ;^)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IkeEng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PAD, is that a precision shotgun that I see in your linup??</div></div> Here they are from left to right, from barrel end. 30-30, Mac 11/9 MG, AR-57, Marlin 17 HMR, Benelli 20 ga, Savage 22-250, CZ over & under 28 ga, Remmy PSS 308, Russian over & under 12 ga, 300 Whtby, Benelli 12 ga, 30-378 Whtby, Benelli 12 ga, GAP 338 Lapua, Browning 10 ga, Bluegrass 50 cal.
Hope this help, ;^)

Here's my GAP
* Bartlein Stainless Steel 5R Rifling #7 G.A.P. Contour 1:11.25 Twist / 23" (22" from front of lug
* Chamber & Crown the barrel (.308 win)
* True the Bolt, Lug & Blueprint the action
* Bedding of the action
* Install the Badger EFR
* Cerakote the barrel, action, bolt, scope base, bottom metal, Badger EFR in Flat Dark Earth
* Side bolt release
* Manners T4A
* Badger BDM
* Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 Zero Stop (Cerakoted)

And weighs in at 16lbs. 1oz. on the money!

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

383058_2581921641612_1661596852_32378208_446857515_n.jpg

[url="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/rkladis"]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/rkladis[/url]
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/rkladis/Gun%20Stuff/402730_2860945657038_1661596852_32487335_846224170_n.jpg
nf5.jpg

MP's get a little funny if I lay my stuff outside, not sure why?
wink.gif

here's my newest edition...

22-250 walking varminter
18" kreiger 14-twist
Surgeon 591 action
MCS-T mini chassis 90% carbon
jewel trigger
Tbac 30P-1 suppressor

drives 52gr Amaxes at 3500 fps..... can't wait to hammer some whistle pigs
IMG_0223.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a nice setup. How much does she weigh? </div></div>
right at 10 lbs with everything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What contour is it?</div></div>
just a remington varmint contour

...here's the simple end of things...shooting .212 MOA with SW ammo 77 grain

Tikka T3 action with a Rock 1-8tw 22" .223 barrel and Shark Suppressor. Still using the chewed up stock Tikka stock, 'Bought to order an XLR stock and get proper rings for the scope.
large.jpg

large.jpg

Parker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my GAP
* Bartlein Stainless Steel 5R Rifling #7 G.A.P. Contour 1:11.25 Twist / 23" (22" from front of lug
* Bedding of the action
* Install the Badger EFR
* Cerakote the barrel, action, bolt, scope base, bottom metal, Badger EFR in Flat Dark Earth
* Side bolt release
* Manners T4A
* Badger BDM

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

</div></div>

Can't get over your GAP Mtnman that thing is just a beauty. Can't wait to send mine off. Just looks like a perfect "work horse" of a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...here's the simple end of things...shooting .212 MOA with SW ammo 77 grain

Tikka T3 action with a Rock 1-8tw 22" .223 barrel and Shark Suppressor. Still using the chewed up stock Tikka stock, 'Bought to order an XLR stock and get proper rings for the scope.
large.jpg

large.jpg

Parker
</div></div>

For shame, your not showing off your rifle, you are showing off your car.

Latest addition is my own version of the "Critter Gitter". I wanted a shorter and lighter weight all around hunting rifle. I think it turned out very well. The thing shoots EXtremely well also with the 130 VLD's.

6.5x47L Critter Gitter Deluxe
Trued Rem 700 action
Krieger #5 contour 8.5tw @ 22"
Thruster brake (Shark suppressor will be here in April).
Manners MCS-T
Williams Bottom metal
Old style Rem trigger tuned ~2lbs
Leupold MK4 M5 FFP Mil/Mil
NF Ultralight rings & Base
OD & Coyote Cerakote

1c658dfd.jpg

Trevor if it shots 1/2 ad good ad it looks critters are in alt of trouble

P1030867.jpg

I posted this on the M2008 build but will put it here as well.

US Optics
Badger M2008
Badger Rings
McMillan stock
Two barrels (only one pictured) .308 with the Surefire brake/suppressor attachment, and a .260 Rem.
The crew at GAP assembled it for me.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my GAP
* Bedding of the action
* Install the Badger EFR
* Side bolt release
* Manners T4A
* Badger BDM

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

</div></div>

Can't get over your GAP Mtnman that thing is just a beauty. Can't wait to send mine off. Just looks like a perfect "work horse" of a rifle. </div></div>

Thx Brother... Its was a long process! I cant stop looking at it! I cant wait to shoot it either!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Latest addition is my own version of the "Critter Gitter". I wanted a shorter and lighter weight all around hunting rifle. I think it turned out very well. The thing shoots EXtremely well also with the 130 VLD's.

Trued Rem 700 action
Manners MCS-T
Williams Bottom metal
OD & Coyote Cerakote

1c658dfd.jpg

</div></div>

My next caliber!!! I LOVE IT MAN!!! GREAT JOB..

Well how much does it weigh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Latest addition is my own version of the "Critter Gitter". I wanted a shorter and lighter weight all around hunting rifle. I think it turned out very well. The thing shoots EXtremely well also with the 130 VLD's.

Trued Rem 700 action
Manners MCS-T
Williams Bottom metal
OD & Coyote Cerakote

1c658dfd.jpg

</div></div>

Savage 10FCP-5R , PSL and Mosin highly modified and upgraded
004-51.jpg

014-16.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AK-Bandit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G.A.Precision - Crusader .308
finished in matte black instead of OD

gap1.jpg

gap2.jpg

gap3.jpg
</div></div>

what bolt knob is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AK-Bandit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G.A.Precision - Crusader .308
finished in matte black instead of OD

gap1.jpg

gap2.jpg

gap3.jpg
</div></div>

what bolt knob is that?
</div></div>

looks like gap's own design?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1030867.jpg

I posted this on the M2008 build but will put it here as well.

US Optics
Badger M2008
Badger Rings
McMillan stock
Two barrels (only one pictured) .308 with the Surefire brake/suppressor attachment, and a .260 Rem.
The crew at GAP assembled it for me.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels </div></div>
Damn that is a good looking rifle! There aren't many rifles on here with the bolt handle on the left side where they belong!

Here is my budget precision rifle and first bolt-action. Rem700 SPS-V .308 with Millet 20MOA base, Leopold medium PRW rings, Bushnell 10x40 Mildot scope and 6-9" bipod. Just waiting for my Bell&Carlson #2956 stock to come.

Future plans: Glass bedding, Timney trigger, Desert Camo paint job

DSCN5845.jpg

A small picture update of my AICS/700.
Got the barrel painted. Just waiting for a brake and a bolt knob.
Also showing off my spotter with her shortened Brit FAL semi
smile.gif

6869899431_71836b10c2_b.jpg

6869883549_d4d4bb6c39_b.jpg

6869872517_014c5a292c_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Golani</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A small picture update of my AICS/700.
Got the barrel painted. Just waiting for a brake and a bolt knob.
Also showing off my spotter with her shortened Brit FAL semi
smile.gif

6869899431_71836b10c2_b.jpg

6869883549_d4d4bb6c39_b.jpg

6869872517_014c5a292c_b.jpg
</div></div>

Damn thats a fine Ghillie suit your spotter has !

Caliber: .308Win
Action: Trued 700
Barrel: 19" 1:10 Kreiger LV threaded 5/8" x 24
Stock: McMillan A5
Bottom Metal: Badger
Bolt Knob: Badger
Trigger: Jewell
Rings: Seekins 34mm 1.00" High
Optic: Premier 5-25x56 Gen2 XR retical with MTC CCW 0.1 MIL turrets
Bipod: ATLAS with QD
Sling: TAB Gear (not pictured)
Metal coated in Flat Black
Suppressor: TigerShark
Stock Pack: Eagle Industries

29yrqsx.jpg

2mg5pia.jpg

Caliber: .260Rem
Action: Surgeon 591R
Barrel: 26" 1:8 Bartlein MTU threaded 5/8" x 24
Stock: KMW SENTINEL w/ I.M.B., LOP spacer system, Logger Head adjustable cheek peice
Bottom Metal: KMW
Bolt Knob: KMW Gen2
Trigger: Jewell set to 1#
Rings: Seekins 34mm 1.00" High
Optic: S&B 5-25x56 PM II Gen2 XR retical with CCW 0.1 MIL turrets
Bipod: ATLAS with QD
Sling: TAB Gear (not pictured)
Metal coated in Flat Black

u7l3c.jpg

2s0jrxk.jpg

kamsn7.jpg

14y9tuo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdmartin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Damn thats a fine Ghillie suit your spotter has ! </div></div>

smile.gif
She's our Briard Ashton.
As long as our AO is somewhere around volcanic ash, she'll do OK.

Surgeon action, AI chassis, Viper skins, 7 WSM

PICT0044-3.jpg

PICT0045-1.jpg

Just got the last couple things done. I just got the bolt back, Kampfeld Custom did the fluting, and Monteboy84 reworked the bolt knob and handle, and she got a new scope. Rifle is a 700P thats been blueprinted, and has a Rock Creek 5R cut rifled barrel in remington heavy varmint contour. now if my TIS quick cuff sling would arrive, I'll be all set. USPS is slow...

CIMG0532.jpg

CIMG0540.jpg

CIMG0543.jpg

IMG_7001.jpg

Yea...wow...that looks a lot more like a fairway on a golf course than a shooting range.

That's by far the most beautiful range I've ever seen. Nice!

Parker

No doubt, I'd love to have a range like that!