• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

908880df.jpg

Not quite as impressive as these other rifles but great for me. 3/4 MOA at 100 yards.

.223 NEF handi rifle
Survivor stock
bipod
3-point sling
6-24x42 barska scope (cringe)

My GAP .308
332953.JPG

and Shhhhh, my quiet toy. 300 Whisper built on a CZ 527 action.
368063.JPG

Here you go

FN SPR A1a
16X Super Sniper
Badger Ordinace Rail
Harris Bipod
Eagle stock pack
Hardigg Storm case

Some specks of something on the crown....not there now

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here is mine:MSG90 A1
She is almost finished, I am having the forward assist installed with the scope mount tabs. I have already installed the proper 1200 meter rear sight as well.
MSG90Clone.jpg

Here is my new Surgeon..

22" Rock 11.25 twist
Threaded 5/8 24 for AAC Cyclone
Rifle Basic trigger
HS bottom metal (personal thing)
Waiting for NXS 5.5-22x50 mil-dot

Strictly factory (humble) so far - plan to camo it so it's really high speed and have some work done to it :sniper:

700VSF .308 - 26" 1:12 twist
Nikon Tactical 30mm tube 2.5x10x44 w/mildot
Burris Sig Series rings
Leupold 1-piece base
Harris S-LM 9"-13" Bipod
Turner (AWS) Synthetic Biothane Sling
Eagle Stock Pack

IMG_0075-rifle_woods2.jpg

Here's some pics of my British made sniper rifle , Parker Hale M85 , in 7.62x51mm , takes 10 rd M14 type mags , and is a Mauser 98 type bolt gun .

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

M853.jpg

Hi Scoop ,

Tell us about your 300 whisper rifle , any thing you would change if doing it again , & how does the CZ527 action handle the 300 whisper rounds for ejection & feeding etc .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ChrisF:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Hi Scoop ,

Tell us about your 300 whisper rifle , any thing you would change if doing it again , & how does the CZ527 action handle the 300 whisper rounds for ejection & feeding etc .

Later Chris </span></div></div>Chris,

I love the Whisper. This rifle began life as a .223 Kevlar Varmint. PacNor did the rebarrel to .300 Whisper for me. It's their 6.5 twist Supermatch SS barrel. The optic is a Leupy MR/T with an illuminated TMR reticle in Warne rings. Suppressor is an AAC Cyclone. Gonna have it duracoated (or the like) in matte black or OD and possibly add a badger bolt knob if it will fit the shank on this bolt handle (it's pretty small). I'm currently shooting 220 gr SMK's over 8.9gr of H110 into sub moa groups.

The CZ527 action is a perfect match for the Whisper round. It is a very short, controlled feed, mauser-type action, so feeding and ejection are totally reliable. Only modification that is necessary is to the mags. You have to relieve the "dimples" on both sides of the mags so that 30-cal bullets can fit in a 22-cal space (see photo below). My local machinist just chucked them up in an end mill and machined away the dimples. Had him machine down only so far-- that way, the cuts don't show below the mag well. That drops the capacity to 4 instead of 5 rounds. No biggie.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

357840.JPG

Rounds in Pic are loaded with 220 gr RN Sierra ProHunters.

Damn! I had a CZ527 a while back and I was searching fro a cartridge to convert it to, never found one, and sold it. That would have been perfect!

CZ makes the 527 in 7.62x39. I wonder if you could just use those mags?

ChrisF- the M85 is awesome. It looks like badger got a lot of design of his DM from the PH DM.

Is the other one an M87? M86? I seriuosly considered buying an M87 once, but it was a single shot in 30.06. If it was mag fed, I'd have jumped on it.

Yes the wood stocked gun is a Parker Hale M87 rifle in 243 calibre , the mag is a 30-06 length box mag ,here's a better pic of the M87 .

DSC00538.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Kletzenklueffer:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> CZ makes the 527 in 7.62x39. I wonder if you could just use those mags?
</span></div></div>Gonna find out next week. A friend of mine has a 527 in 7.62 x 39. I doubt it will work though. The 7.62 x 39 case is a good bit larger diameter than the whisper/.223 case. Not to mention the normally shorter overall length of the 7.62 x 39. But we'll see.

The PH's are next to impossible to find 'round here. There were some M85's for sale several years back, but it seems they disappeared into collections.

I like the M87 becuase the stock is the same contours as the McHale stock on the M85, but just in wood. That's cool enough by itself.

Scoop- Yeah, I didn't think about the case size. Maybe the feed lips can be modded to keep the smaller dia. case inside.

My new GAP HArbinger with US Optics SN3.

rifle-zach.jpg

Sometimes it likes to play with friends from other sports
smile.gif

rifleandopenguns.jpg

Just installed an adjustable cheek piece I got from Karsten. I really didn't want to drill into my A4 but it turned out fine.

GAP&Storm2s.jpg

GAP&Storm5s.jpg

GAP&Storm4s.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by krock459:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Cheekpiece looks great. Was it fairly easy to install? I have a A1 that could use one.

:beer:
Kirk R </span></div></div>+1 on that. I would like to know as well.

Here's My Newest Addition

HD Rifles "Garrett Rifle" I purchased from Scopes

Specs:

# Remington 700 action fully trued
# Lothar Walther LW-50 SS barrel
# Bedded into a McMillan A3 stock
# Badger bottom metal
# Sako extractor
# Chambered in 300 WinMag Match
# Badger bases and rings
# HD bolt mod
# Badger bolt knob

My Newest Addition

And yes that's me on the Motorcycle behind it .....my other passion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by M700police:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Rambosky, what camo is that on your rifle above? </span></div></div>redneckbmxer24 is correct. It's molded in not painted. I guess George designed it?

This is a picture of my mobile benchrest.
KMW 260AI What more could a guy want? We shot a coyote yesterday at 500 looking straight at us. Wind from the right, held right and squeezed. The coyote did't even move, fell straight down. Seen 2 more this morning but couldn't get a shot, need to make portable benchrest quieter.
prestonskmw.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Rambosky.:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by M700police:
Rambosky, what camo is that on your rifle above? </span></div></div>redneckbmxer24 is correct. It's molded in not painted. I guess George designed it? </div></div>Thanks. Great looking stick. Good luck with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by redneckbmxer24:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> my new boom toy

IMG_00281.jpg

ca819ba9.jpg

eb5740a6.jpg

IMG_00342.jpg

IMG_00352.jpg

IMG_00361.jpg

all work done by Jered Joplin at Patriot Arms INC.
700 stianless action from 223 LVSF
bolt face opened to accept 308
Sako style extractor installed
Badger Bolt Knob
ISS (gaylok) removed
rock #7 barrel 5R 22" 1:11.27" twist fluted
trigger tuned by jered
badger bottom metel
badger 30MOA base
MCM A5 50% OD 25% black 25% grey
Schmidt & Bender 4-16X50 PMII double turn MOA P3 mildot
Badger rings
Harris BRM-S bipod.

cory </span></div></div>cory, this has got to be one of the best looking rifle color combinations that I have seen! The MCM stock is just perfect! Great color combo and the rifle looks bad*** too!

cory, how does it shoot? Got any targets you can show us?

Heck, why not

Nothing special.
Run of the mill 700P, with stock trigger and stock everything. Shoots damn well too.
Warne Tactical 20MOA base
TPS TSR alu rings
Burris XTR312 mildot

its shot sub 1/2MOA with everything ive tried, whcih includes remingotn 150gr PSP CL, BH 168, and BH 175, the remington grouped about 5/8-1" at 200, th smallest ebing 5/8th of them all, and the BH 175 shot the best at 100 yards so far, i shot a .264" 5 shot group with it, but everything els was closer to .5MOA, and a little over, becuase it was cold, and i was shivvering.

cory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by boardride:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> 02Overlander

how does that knights shoot? they say that they are sub moa out of the box, true? </span></div></div>They're pretty accurate
laugh.gif

KACTestTarget.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by indy_Muaddib:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> where did you get that foot at 02Overlander?

ng7cxd.jpg
</span></div></div> Link

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Qstick:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> My new GAP HArbinger with US Optics SN3.

rifle-zach.jpg

Sometimes it likes to play with friends from other sports
smile.gif

rifleandopenguns.jpg
</span></div></div>Qstick, what is the percentage ratio on that MCM A5 stock, looks like 75/80% black and 25/20% OD green. Looks great..

I don't know an exact number, but I think your estimates are pretty close. I just let George order the stock. If you would like me too, I can take a better picture with better lighting.

Zach

Been lurking here a while. Wanted to try my first attempt at posting a pic of my humble PSS:
Dsc00738.jpg

It worked!!! Here's a couple of my other toys. I know they are not precision bolt rifles, but fun anyway:
Dsc00692.jpg

Dsc00342.jpg