• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

Alot of really nice rifles posted here, really enjoyed the eye candy.
Here one I'd got about a month ago, it is a Savage10 FP, .308w, 1/10 twist, 26" barrel, Choate ultimate varmint stock, I really like this stock, but thinking of going with something else.

Custom Shop 8-40x56mm,leupold rings, two 3" sun shages.
Also, thinking of re-doing my camo, something simple, like solid color & that use grass & leafs as stencils, to gelp break up the contrast.

504919-big.jpg

Have a modest collection of AR15s, thought I'd try something different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pete 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of new toys.
PGW Canadian contract.338 Lapua Timberwolf with Canadian USO scope and a PGW .308 Win Coyote made to match with a Schmidt & Bender scope.
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

</div></div>

Dude, those are just sick, I like those so much it hurts. David

that thing is a beast
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my pride and joy.

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg
</div></div>

Heres a few of my A3 G with SN-3 3.2-17X44 in Seekins 35mm Ultra SlimLines, Jewell Trigger, Harris BRM-S + Pod Loc:
A3G8x6.jpg

A3G8x62.jpg

SN-33.217XLHWindage1.jpg

Shes pretty but nothing fancy, I love her just the same.

Keith

Stiller predator
Broughton 28" 5C #7 300WM
Jewell NF br12-42
A2 Woodland
n26502925_32298438_6332.jpg

n26502925_32298439_6631.jpg

Rem 700
Broughton 28" 5C palma 6mmBR
Leuppy 36
A3 Desert
n26502925_32177855_870.jpg

n26502925_32177857_1359.jpg

513373-big.JPG

Remington Sendero in .264 Win Mag
Jewell trigger
AICS 2.0
USO Canadian
Badger 20 moa base
Badger M40Asomething rings

Just got it in today!!! My new stick.
-My original Remington 700 action
-22'x1.5' (no taper) LW Barrel Crowned & Threaded w/ Knurled Thread Protector
-Accuracy International AICS Stock Converted to Left-hand
-Tactical Bolt knob
-Painted Desert Digital(stock) & OD Green(all metal)
-Badger Ordnance Scope Base
-Leupold M3 tactical Scope 3x-10x
-Harris Bi-pod
-All work done by: Cactus Weapons Systems Inc. in Del Rio, Texas

They did an AWESOME Job!! Thanks Guys.

MyRifle5.jpg

MyRifle6.jpg

MyRifle8.jpg

MyRifle9.jpg

MyRifleCase.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: critter capper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cavboy1... i saw your rifle from start to finish being built... Show the groups that baby will put out
wink.gif
</div></div>

Critter Capper, Do you work for CWS?

-Cav

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cavboy, whereabouts in nebraska are you located? </div></div>

Armed Ferret, I'm in New England (NE). Sorry about that bud.

-Cav

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a field rifle (18lbs!) for sure, but very nice for paper-punching and LR stuff </div></div>
Why not? mine is 17 and works fine:p

Sierra6, How do you lile that DD ROSS? Any chance you would like to part with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandy4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
908880df.jpg

Not quite as impressive as these other rifles but great for me. 3/4 MOA at 100 yards.

.223 NEF handi rifle
Survivor stock
bipod
3-point sling
6-24x42 barska scope (cringe) </div></div>

Hey Sandy,

It's kinda like street racin... run what ya brung!!

Besides, I know of several people that have thousands wrapped up in their sticks, and are tickled to get to 1MOA!! You're doin just fine!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pete 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of new toys.
PGW Canadian contract.338 Lapua Timberwolf with Canadian USO scope and a PGW .308 Win Coyote made to match with a Schmidt & Bender scope.
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

</div></div>

nice rifles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: critter capper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cavboy1... i saw your rifle from start to finish being built... Show the groups that baby will put out
wink.gif
</div></div>

Critter Capper, Do you work for CWS?

-Cav </div></div>

i guess you could say that
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job. I heard those New England guys can shoot pretty good on occasion. </div></div>

Once in a while...LOL

the whole goal is putting a bullet into the barrel of the perp's gun!

the whole goal is putting a bullet into the barrel of the perp's gun!

Kona...you rotten b****rd! You know the fits of lust I have every time I see that beautiful rifle of yours.

Damn I need a drink now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kona...you rotten b****rd! You know the fits of lust I have every time I see that beautiful rifle of yours.

Damn I need a drink now. </div></div>

Lol! Thanks George. It's been a safe queen for the last 2 years so I finally took it out to stretch it's legs this last weekend. I almost forgot how well it shot. I'm thinking of saving up my pennies and stepping up to some US Optics glass.

I'll have to have my '83 vintage NM M1A restocked & bedded soon. Maybe I'll have the new McMillan painted in the same camo pattern as well.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got it in today!!! My new stick.
-My original Remington 700 action
-22'x1.5' (no taper) LW Barrel Crowned & Threaded w/ Knurled Thread Protector
-Accuracy International AICS Stock Converted to Left-hand
-Tactical Bolt knob
-Painted Desert Digital(stock) & OD Green(all metal)
-Badger Ordnance Scope Base
-Leupold M3 tactical Scope 3x-10x
-Harris Bi-pod
-All work done by: Cactus Weapons Systems Inc. in Del Rio, Texas

They did an AWESOME Job!! Thanks Guys.
</div></div>

I hate to do this CavBoy1 but your barrel is not 22', its an 20' barrel - sorry!
<span style="font-size: 8pt">I was wondering, I have an 20' barrel (with Muzzlebrake) an it looks longer than yours.</span>
22M.jpg

Reeeeeeally... I'll be right back with the tape measure.

Tape measure is showing 21" exactly from muzzle to very end of receiver. Don't forget, the barrel is extended into the receiver 1" making total length 22". Even if it were 20", I'd be happy with it just the same. Thanks for the heads-up though.

-Cav

Cuts down on recoil, less likely to hop, quicker to re-acquire another shot, more stable, doesn't heat up as easy/fast, I can go on. The only down I can see is that it's heavy. I'll take the extra weight... That's why I'm jacked...lol.

Using it for precision shooting and training with the snipers on my SWAT Team. When a slot opens on the sniper unit, I'll use it there.

-Cav

Here's my stick. Stats:

Remington 700 PSS .308
McMillan A5 BDL PSS Drop in, Sniper fill, Thumbwheel cheek piece
Leupold MkIV M3 3.5-10x40 Illum. TMR
Badger 20 MOA base
Badger 30mm Low Rings
Harris 6"-9" notched
Pod-Claws
TIS sling
Trigger to 3 lbs pull (local smith)
Bedded (same smith)
Painted in Duracoat to mimic Multicam (Local guy)

4pnsxep.jpg

4xpwy1d.jpg

Couple of group shots. Focus sucks. All 3 groups were shot with FGMM 168 grn. Temp: mid 80s, medium humidity, early afternoon, 5-7 mph wind from 9 o'clock, elevation ~1000 ft.

First is a 5 shot group at a milled 100 yards with a flyer, still sub MOA.

Second is a 5 round group and a 3 round group at a milled 300 yards.

Both were shot on Shoot-n-See 12"x12" zero targets w/ 1" grids.

6hienh0.jpg

52ggrqq.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reeeeeeally... I'll be right back with the tape measure.

Tape measure is showing 21" exactly from muzzle to very end of receiver. Don't forget, the barrel is extended into the receiver 1" making total length 22". Even if it were 20", I'd be happy with it just the same. Thanks for the heads-up though.

-Cav </div></div>
The barrel lenght is the piece with grooves, not the chamber (if the lenght icl. the chamber, a 20" barrel would be the same on ex. an .223 and an .50).

The ATF's method: Barrel length is from the bolt face, when closed, to the end of the muzzle, including any permanently attached device (brake, flash hider).

Close the bolt, insert cleaning rod, mark the rod at the muzzle, pull rod, and measure. Bam!!! Barrel length.

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Id</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reeeeeeally... I'll be right back with the tape measure.

-Cav </div></div>
The barrel lenght is the piece with grooves, not the chamber (if the lenght icl. the chamber, a 20" barrel would be the same on ex. an .223 and an .50). </div></div>

USMC method is from the recoil lug. Official BATFE is from the chamber/boltface. If you use the USMC method and add 1" (as Cav did) it's VERY close to what you'd get using the BATFE method.

Sorry I was wrong - I measured my own 20" barrel, you guys are right the chamber is included.
Ms1.jpg

Well... I don't have a true 'precision' rifle yet, so this is as close as it gets for me. Did do a group of 5 a tad bit under 2" at 200 yards though.

sideview.jpg

Springfield Armory M1A Scout / Squad on a Vltor modstock.
ARMS #18 scope mount
TPS rings
Bushnell 4200 Tactical Elite 6-24 x50mm

I'll probably be looking for a bolt rifle come late winter / spring (depending on funds heh)... don't know how much I want to spend yet, but have been looking at the FN SPR, AI AWP or a GA Precision rifle... hopefully I'll be more fitting in the crowd here in the not too distant future!

Knight's SR-15 Match in .556mm with Leupold Mk4 M3 Gen.2 mil-dot with custom 1 MOA elevation cams for Black Hills MK 262 ammo...

AR-2.jpg

GA Precision .308 with Leupold Mk4 M3 Gen.2 mil-dot with custom 1 MOA elevation cams for Black Hills 175g ammo

308a.jpg

XM3A7.jpg

XM3A8.jpg

XM3A0.jpg

-GAP7000 Action
-McMillan A1-3 stock
-18.5" Schneider bbl
-NF 3.5-15x50
-AAC SCAR-H Suppressor

It's heavier than I was shooting for, but at 13#'s with the suppressor mounted-it's certainly managable.

Ha Chucky,

Definitly a military man I see, either back from deployment or the field...either way hell of a nice stick, heres mine

100_1123.jpg

FN SPR A1a (bought from 03psd)
20 inch chrome lined barrel
NightForce NXS 5.5-22x MLR reticle
NightForce Rings
Tactical SSG style bolt knob by NW Armswerkes (WA state)
Pillar bedded (Jim Hawkins, WA state)
Trigger job to 2.0 lbs

Upcoming mods= adj. cheek piece and spacer system

SHOOTS 1 inch groups at 300 yards...off the bipod not a rest.

Actually, I just got out of the Marines after 7 years. That pic was taken right after a hunting trip. Right now I am just looking for a job in the firearm industry and enjoying unemployment while busting my hump looking for a job.