• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some newer photos at the range:
Range024-1.jpg

Range022.jpg

RangeSmall2.jpg

I know the last one isn't a precision rifle, but figured some of you would like. </div></div>

hey retard, your holding the gun on the wrong side
grin.gif

bench </div></div>

How stupid of me... I'll change to a righty just so I can finally fit in. How about that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif

bench </div></div>

Come on man! If you're going to call him a retard at least get your grammar right.

Ben

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Ben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif

bench </div></div>

Come on man! If you're going to call him a retard at least get your grammar right.

Ben </div></div>
nah man it adds to teh funny

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some newer photos at the range:
Range024-1.jpg

Range022.jpg

</div></div>

How are you able to get the "Leftie" AICS? Can you tell me where to get it?

Here's a picture of my new McMillan Tac.308 w/Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 variable with military mildot. It's my first rifle build as it is hubby who's into the rifles. Before anyone tells me, I know the bipod is on backwards, it is meant to be.
Stock1.jpg

Stock5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some newer photos at the range:
Range024-1.jpg

Range022.jpg

</div></div>

How are you able to get the "Leftie" AICS? Can you tell me where to get it? </div></div>
Cactus Weapon Systems Inc.
www.Cactusweapons.com

Is there a rifle in that pic? All I see are leaves! j/k.

Nice paint man!

what is that on the end of the bbl its not a can right?

RangeSmall2.jpg

Nice job,That really blends in well.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the kind words guys. Posted some pics in the Photo Gallery.

Here it blends
wtvbbo.jpg

blends

2hzicma.jpg

2lkxspj.jpg
</div></div>

shit I thought I would be able to own one.......Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shit I thought I would be able to own one.......Thanks </div></div>

I just got off the phone with them I can have one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tat1987</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1917, got any more pics? I love that paint job. What did you use? </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words. It was fun to do once get passed the frustrating part;) Started with a in the white McRee stock and camo wrapped. Have the idea can change wrapping around to season. There is some woodland and some digital desert on.

Next Rusto camo spray tan and dark green. Could not get a good blend for this area using the spray. So topped off with hand painted with acrylic paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beat me to the answer. It's a great muzzle device to have if you're shooting a short barrel. Helps with the cycling problems.</div></div>

here is another ? for you guys does anyone make a 13" ar upper thats not overpriced? what do you think of a 13"bbl with that flash suppressor welded. that would be legal for me to own, I think that would be pretty cool

What do you mean by not overpriced?

Here is my current AR build:

IMG00095.jpg

Probably won't order the Noveske Diplomat barrel until after the new year. The KX3 is kinda hard to find right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean by not overpriced?

Here is my current AR build:

IMG00095.jpg

Probably won't order the Noveske Diplomat barrel until after the new year. The KX3 is kinda hard to find right now.</div></div>

you have your 5-$800 uppers and $1200+ this something I just want to do for fun. I don't really want to tie too much money in it. I was just looking at the Vltor uppers receivers like yous. I want a 13"bbl on it with the quad rail to stop @ 13" then finish it with the pinned/welded noveske flash suppressor

You have to be patient and look around for deals. If you are looking for a custom setup, it's going to cost you. The Noveske Diplomat upper usually runs around 1200 ish? I haven't looked in a while. When done, I should have around 900 in mine and it's the exact same parts Noveske uses. I got that VIS for a screaming deal.

34yu1kj.jpg

Remington 700p 308
McMillan A-3 pillar bedded by GAP
Williams Bottom Metal
Jewell Trigger @ 1 lb
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50
Warne Quick Detach Rings
EGW Base
TIS Quick Slip Sling
Harris Bipod

Remington 700 .308 SPS Tactical and RRA .223 Varmint A4.

PrecisionRifles1.jpg

R700 .308 SPS Tactical specs:

Factory SPS Barreled Action (threaded for Suppressor QD)
HS Precision 700P Takeoff Stock
Tactical Precision Systems 20 MOA XP Tactical Base and TPS-TRS "Low" Rings
Falcon Optics 4.5-18x56 w/ mil-rad adjustments
Badger Bolt Knob
Eagle Stock Pack
Accu-Shot rear monopod
Harris BRMS 6-9 w/podlock
TIS Quick-Cuff Sling
YHM Phantom QS Suppressor Mount

SPSTactical.jpg

SPSTactical1.jpg

RRA Varmint A4 started as a stripped lower and a factory Varmint A4 18" upper. Had the barrel threaded for the suppressor QD and removed the factory FF tube. Painted the stainless barrel black and added the remainder of the mods as follows:

Magpul PRS Stock and OE Grip
RRA NM 2 Stage Trigger Group
Troy 10" MRF Rail System
Troy Irons front and rear
ADM Recon QD Scope Mount
Falcon Optics 4-14 FFP
PRI Low Profile .936 Gas Block
Harris 6-9 BRMS w/podlock and A.R.M.S. QD Rail Mount

SPR2.jpg

SPR1.jpg

Just finished installing the trigger on this one this afternoon and now its finished.

I started with RRA stripped receivers and built it myself from there. Here are some highlights:

-Douglas 18" SPR barrel with MSTN brake and VLTOR gas block coated with black alumahyde.
-Vented float tube tapped for swivel studs. Also coated with alumahyde.
-RRA 2 stage trigger
-JP bolt carrier and MP bolt that came matched to barrel
-DPMS oversize selector that I reduced in size and reshaped so I could manipulate while in firing position without changing grip and disturbing
sight picture. Alumhyde here too.
-DPMS small parts
-Enidine rate reducing buffer
-Choate E2 stock with off-hand hook. I installed two studs on sides and added weight and strength using epoxy and steel shot. Finished with
Massey rubber pad to prevent movement on the shoulder.
-GG&G riser and Burris XTR rings hold a Clearidge XP5 2.5-12.5x42 with German #4 reticle.
-Harris SBRM

It tips scales at 11.25# unloaded. Weight, brake and buffer should keep movement during firing to the absolute minimum. Range report next
weekend.

SPR002.jpg

SPR006.jpg

SPR004.jpg

SPR005.jpg

SPR008.jpg

Here's my new 30'06. Barrel is a Lilja with a 1 in 10" twist. The rifle was put together, Bedded and action trued by Bansner's. Muzzle-Break and fluting also by Bansner's. Stock is an HS Precision PST026. Bottom metal by Accuracy Systems. I know... Too good for the optics and mount! I'll be replacing them as soon as I can afford it!
eknrza.jpg

Kimber AT .308 package with 3.5-10x Leupold and Tango Down bipod --
KimbersniperinrocksLR.jpg

Springfield Loaded in JAE stock
JAELou2.jpg

IBA Chandler 223 M700 tune up
john-leup-chan.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kimber AT .308 package with 3.5-10x Leupold and Tango Down bipod --
KimbersniperinrocksLR.jpg

</div></div>

Very nice picture,nice stick

I really like it

Thank you for sharing

Thanks. I had the barrel shortened to 18 inches and a Surefire 762 muzzle brake installed. Handles and shoots great.

oh yeah gun is 4200 by itself!
Scope was another 1700
rings 270
but the work was done by me so i didnt have to cough up the coin for a gunsmith. Thank god LOL
Just a little over 6k for a 308 tack driver.
Wouldnt recommend doing it again as I have found that the gun will consistantly get around .25 MOA I figured with what I spent it would get around .10 or less but with the detach barrel there is some loss of zero.
If I was a hardcore military shooter that needed something that could fit into a backpack this is definately the gun of choice the world over. But for range shooting at 1k Im looking at a Tac Ops or similar setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feuer_frei!!!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh yeah gun is 4200 by itself!
Scope was another 1700
rings 270
but the work was done by me so i didnt have to cough up the coin for a gunsmith. Thank god LOL
Just a little over 6k for a 308 tack driver.
Wouldnt recommend doing it again as I have found that the gun will consistantly get around .25 MOA I figured with what I spent it would get around .10 or less but with the detach barrel there is some loss of zero.
If I was a hardcore military shooter that needed something that could fit into a backpack this is definately the gun of choice the world over. But for range shooting at 1k Im looking at a Tac Ops or similar setup.
</div></div>
You jackin' my name sucka?
wink.gif

Payed for this nice TRG-22 specimen this week cant wait for it to arrive. Work is credited to the previous owner.

Sako TRG 22 .308Win
Nightforce 5.5-22x50mm NXS \ Zero Stop

trg22a.jpg

trg22b.jpg

trg22c.jpg

trg22d.jpg

Well no bolt gun as of yet. I sold off everything about 7 years ago. So this past year I thought I start over again. So my wife bought me a Knight's Armament SR15 Match. Now I am on the hunt and surfing for ideas. I'll only build / buy one so I need to be sure I do it right the first time around.

SR_Outside_2a.jpg

SR_Outside_1a.jpg

Knights_1a.jpg