• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stan,

what were your impressions of the DTA and why the sale??
Thanks
Rath </div></div>

Hi Rath.
I am very impressed with the DTA SRS...very well thought out rifle. And the ability to swap cal./barrels and go from short action to long action is a great feature. If your into tactical shooting I would highly recommend one.

I am into bench rest and F class shooting right now and am having a rifle built that is better suited to that roll...that was my reason for selling it.

Take care,Stan

HS Precision .308W used for hunting ferals in Aussie.
IMG_2127.jpg

HS Precision 22-250.
IMG_2059.jpg

Remington 700 20" Barrel
Mcmillan A4 USMC Spec Stock
Badger M5 w/ 5 round mag
Tactical precision systems
EGW base
Nightforce 3.5-15x50

Lots more modifications to come.

IMGP1073.jpg

IMGP1083.jpg

IMGP1099.jpg

My baby....Remington 700 action in .308....Patriot Arms bolt knob.....Everything else done by MOON @ GAP.....
rifle1.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CobraCutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My VERY soon to be For Sale 5.56 SPR.......God I love this rifle

6250_557432229561_38000737_33017044_8272657_n.jpg

</div></div>
What is one to think, when one readily notices that some folk don't even know how to appropriately put on a friggen bipod (i.e., secure it to their firearm so that the legs fold in the correct direction.... but even more importantly, so that when the legs are extended the shooter can safely brace themeself AGAINST their firearm)???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Springfield Loaded in JAE stock
JAELou2.jpg

</div></div>
Oh gee.... and yet another bipod affixed to a rifle backasswards.

I give up.

I wouldn't dare share a firing line with these guys.

Haha tell me about it, I bet you he gets asked all the time "are you in the army" and has some bad ass SF haha...

I think I've put this rifle in this thread before but I think it was before I upgraded to the NXS 3.5-15X50 so here it is again!
000_0428.jpg

DIY Savage.
All work done by myself. Savages are cool that way.

Is the bipod on the right way?

Savage223AI26inch.jpg

223 improved next to a standard 223.

S6300818.jpg

Fine figure of a Savage yes? That is all you need to know.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually wouldnt make fun of that guy at all if I were you. Being as Lou Ferrigno is a pretty big gun fanatic not to mention that he is the HULK.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13430&d=1222136198 </div></div>

Bravo Titus. I was just about to point that out. He is a HUGE gun supporter and is always at SHOT show. Im sure if you tried to run your mouth to him he would knock all your teeth into your stomach. some people are ignorant. Notice how it says THE HULK on his stock?

nice work guys....

Garys the reason why people put their bipods like that is to make them easier to pack in a hard case or maybe they just like the way it handles on the range. They are not wrong to do that. Keep your mouth shut if you cant contribute positively.

I didnt think that particular picture is of lou ferrigno but there is a pic of him shooting where you can clearly see him and he is not wearing any cammies. Also isnt lou deaf so why the cans?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually wouldnt make fun of that guy at all if I were you. Being as Lou Ferrigno is a pretty big gun fanatic not to mention that he is the HULK.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13430&d=1222136198</div></div>

Maybe he forgot to flip it ???? who knows. Its correct in the link/pic posted.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13430&d=1222136198</div></div>

So lifting weights and being a 2A supporter automatically gives someone a free pass on not being literate enough to read directions?

I'm happy the man was able to be so successful with his acting career, and I'm very happy he's a supporter of 2A rights. But keep in mind the directions are in fact included with the bipod when you purchase it.
wink.gif

What I thaught was worse is the guy posting had only two posts at the time? They were both just to show how much smarter he was. Sure that doesnt put the bipod on the correct way but it shows ignorance in my book. He had only been a member for one day and he is calling people out?

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually wouldnt make fun of that guy at all if I were you. Being as Lou Ferrigno is a pretty big gun fanatic not to mention that he is the HULK.

So lifting weights and being a 2A supporter automatically gives someone a free pass on not being literate enough to read directions?

I'm happy the man was able to be so successful with his acting career, and I'm very happy he's a supporter of 2A rights. But keep in mind the directions are in fact included with the bipod when you purchase it.
wink.gif
</div></div>

It looks like he's wearing a knee pad for an elbow pad though. Slightly funny? Maybe. The Hulk show was "it" when I was a kid.

Bone stock Remington 700 LTR .308 with Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x10-40, Mk IV Rings.
Shot 1 Moa at 100 yards with milsurp 147gr 80's ammo. Sold it to fund a PTR-91, if I buy a bolt gun again I'll probably put together a similar package.

leftside.jpg

Rifle_New1.jpg

Rifle_New2.jpg

Savage 10 Action
McGowan Bbl (.308 1:10)
B&C A2 Tac Stock Skim Bedded
Leup Mk4 3.5-10x40 M3
Warne base & rings

I would post some of the groups that i've gotten to date but i'm still in load development for 3 different loads. I shoot mostly 3 shot groups when i'm developing loads, however I shoot 5 or 6 3-shot groups on the same target. I've gotten some .1's, several .25-.3's, but average is still .5's, even on the few 5 shot groups that i've shot. It's a great rifle, need to get some more time behind the trigger. 297 rounds through it to date. Been making it out every Sunday lately. I know how y'alls are about 3 shot groups so I won't post 'em.

Branden

P.S. Please no comments about the bipod being on backwards. I know it is, I threw it on for the pictures. I usually don't have it on even when at the range. I only put it on whenever i'm in the field shooting vs. the range.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 HS Presision Stock Burris Extreme Tactical Scope 3-12-50 Harris Bi-Pod
Not been fired just finished it up today
101_1979.jpg

My new project. Cant say this bullshit deployment wasnt good for something. Cant wait to turn in this Mk 12 for this sexy thing

R and B Custom rifle: Surgeon Action, Krieger barrel, Jewell Trigger, Badger Ordnance rings and bottom metal, McMillan A-5 and a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X56

It still needs the finish on the barrel and action, Im thinking a dark earth or a matte black. What do you think?

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/fbf748/untitled.bmp.jpg

Guns003-1.jpg

Just an SPS Tactical with Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36mm. Now wearing a Harris Bipod.

Not really a precision rifle but it's on its way, plan on adding a better scope (USO or Premier), adding a new stock (McMillan HTG), and having the action blueprinted. This is my project rifle. Call this the before picture.

I'm partial to the tan, but as you can see I like the whole rig finished to match!

001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fbf748</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new project. Cant say this bullshit deployment wasnt good for something. Cant wait to turn in this Mk 12 for this sexy thing

R and B Custom rifle: Surgeon Action, Krieger barrel, Jewell Trigger, Badger Ordnance rings and bottom metal, McMillan A-5 and a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X56

It still needs the finish on the barrel and action, Im thinking a dark earth or a matte black. What do you think?

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/fbf748/untitled.bmp.jpg </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMISS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the range with my Unique Alpine TPG-1 at the three hundred meters.
2007_0608Lecture0007.jpg
</div></div>

Wow....That's different. Nice piece.

Thanks mackdrvr! Thats my Unique Alpine TPG-1 meaning Tactical Precision Rifle, the rifle has a quick change barrel so i can change caliber with a new barrel in about three minutes using the same bolt as long as the heads of the cases are the same and chamber pressure are similar, headspacing is not needed as the bolt locks into an extension on the barrel.
I took the barrel off a couple of times after zeroing' to see what the loss of zero would be like when i put it back on, never more than one click on either the elevation or deflection.
The cost per unit is sky high though, that system in the picture is E7,420 worth, but shoots factory ammo as tight as a ducks arse, three round group at 300 meters yesterday came in at just a hair on 1/2" using Sako 139gr BTHP Raceheads.
Here's a 5c piece i clipped at 200 meters cold bore a little while ago, the rounds are 6.5x55 Sako BTHP.
2007_0609Lecture0006.jpg

My 5R got a makeover this weekend.

Original.
IMG_6144.jpg

After..
IMG_6383.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

My 5R, the "BlackWidow", after Randy's work. Randy @ R+D Precision really puts top notch work, the attention to details on every little things makes you feel that he is treating your rifle like his own. I noticed he even dropped a few drops of grease on each frequent wear areas of my bolt before my rifle leaves his shop. I would definately go to him again, perhaps save up for his signature rifle.
smile.gif

I will take more pictures this friday when I hit the range to test her out.
BlackWidow.jpg

nice, is that a Badger FTE brake ?
camo looks good too !

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm partial to the tan, but as you can see I like the whole rig finished to match!

001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fbf748</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new project. Cant say this bullshit deployment wasnt good for something. Cant wait to turn in this Mk 12 for this sexy thing

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/fbf748/untitled.bmp.jpg </div></div> </div></div>

Yup, Badger FTE... It's only loosely attached in the picture, as I was Shooting with a can just before. Love it! GAP built, Manners stocked, LTM finished....

If jealousy could kill, I'd be a dead man. Kick-fuckin'-ass collection. Nice looking 1903, can I ask who did the work? I've been wanting to refurbish a 1903 for awhile.

Funny story with the 1903.....

saw it on craiglist for $ 800
hubby told the wife to sell it to fund her new handgun purchase
paid her $450 for the gun and soft case dated 1943
sold the case on Egay for $400
Gun is 100% stock...just sealed stock
added bsquare no drilling scope mount and weaver 440 scope
total into gun and scope $200

I'll give you $300 for it Smudaar. It's a 50% profit.
wink.gif

Nice rifles you got there; all of them.

Ha, lucky son of a bitch, I've been scouring Gunbroker for years for a quality 1903 like that but they all cost around 2k. Guess I should be checking out Craigslist too
grin.gif

Loving that Windrunner, badass.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of paint/sticker is that on your stock??

looks great!! </div></div>

It's tactical paint which has been applied tactically in a tactical manner - by tactical hands...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of paint/sticker is that on your stock??

looks great!! </div></div>

Its just Krylon in all the 4 colors applied in about 10 coats using local vegetation as the stencils. It was easy to do, and if I want, it will be easy to dissolve and remove or just change to whatever surroundings I want.

the two screws on the butt kind of look like a coyote...very nice job!!