• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMISS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the range with my Unique Alpine TPG-1 at the three hundred meters.
2007_0608Lecture0007.jpg
</div></div>

nice you dont see to many around. I picked up one chambered in .308 it came with the factory muzzle brake which is pretty huge. See how it goes at the range this week.

not the best photo

tpg001.jpg

Love the PGW! Had a chance to shoot one, wow are they nice! Hope to own one some day!

Lots of great looking rifles in here! Keep em coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how bout a thread for everybody to post pics of their long range rifles. ill have pics of mien as soon as i find the card reader.

cory </div></div>
Sold my FN A3 G, and finally got my Tac Ops X-Ray 51. Below is my X-Ray, and if you want to see more check-out <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">My Tac Ops X-Ray 51 is here!!</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">In the 100F SoCal summer sun:</span></span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">In the shade with a Multicam Tac Ops Gen 5 Plus Drag Bag:</span></span>
X-Ray51TODBG51ENHANCED8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">In the shade with a Multicam Eberlestock Gunslinger II:</span></span>
X-Ray51GSII1ENHANCED8x6.jpg

Keith

Not sure how "precision" (YTBD), but right now, my long-est range tactical build. Started with an Armalite AR10T stainless upper, barrel cut to 20" and re-crowned, Aero Precision lower with a tuned two-stage match trigger, PRS stock & Hogue grip, E1 rail, EGW gas block. Entry level scope is a Millet TRS1 ('09 version) on a Bobro QD mount. Also have a Harris in the safe. Hoping for effectiev accuracy to at least 800m.

I humble myself among such elite hardware. Pretty impressive.

00118.JPG

New to the forum, but not to shooting. I can't compare with you guys right now. My 700 SPS Tac 308 would be embarassing with these pics. I've got the aproval from the wife for a new toy. Still undecided, but it will be a 338 Lapua Mag. Thanks for letting the newbie hang out. Look forward to all the info/opinions.

On time, on target.

Drew

Thanks. I didnt realize how bad that pic was until now. Heres another a bit less crappy. I'll add a few others too.

DSC_0677.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

DSC_0682.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC05493b.jpg

DSC05491.jpg

Its a bit hard to follow some of these beautiful rifles, but here goes.

IMGP1195.jpg

IMGP1197.jpg

IMGP1202.jpg
IMGP1190.jpg
IMGP1189.jpg

Went to the range today and shot my dads 338LM Gap Templar. That is one accurate and beautiful rifle. The recoil is less than my 308 SPR
shocked.gif
and the bolt is like butter.

Not to shabby for iPhone pics ehhh...?

securedownload.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread has fueled my screen saver for a while now, I guess I may as well contribute:

FN SPRa1 with CDI bottom metal and PH 3-15
21cv42v.jpg

SAI M1A with IOR 2.5-10 FFP
2qlvbdv.jpg

Same SPR as before, but an older picture. Savage MkII with Barska
2mf0sgp.jpg

Ok not technically mine.
2qipims.jpg
</div></div>
How much did you get that savage for?

got this gun via a trade on the hide....
Weatherby mark 5,MCM A5 In black and green swirl with Adjustable length of pull and cheek
22 inch Krieger 4 groove. Weatherby
Barrel threaded 18 x 1 mm with thread protector. GAP
Badger bolt knob GAP
Near scope base GAP
McM A5 stock (pillared beaded) GAP
All metal in OD Cerakote. GAP
Stock trigger
S&B 4-16x42, P4F
BO Rings

wby308_6.jpg

wby308_5.jpg

wby308_3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
duo.jpg

duo1.jpg

duo2.jpg

the two "other" girls in my life besides the wife.
</div></div>

Finally you got the new stock, real badass, have you shot it yet? congrats!!

yeah man. its shootin in the .2s with the new barreled action in it. Havent shot the McCree yet though

A new arrival built for stalking huge Mule Deer in mountainous/desert terrain
laugh.gif

SURGEON Scalpel 7mm WSM, SA RH
23" Krieger Heavy Palma Contour 1:9
-- Heavily fluted by Krieger
Surefire Brake/Adapter
McM A1-3 Sand Camo
FDE Cerakote Metal
Desert Sand Cerakote optic
S&B 4-16x50, MRAD, ST CCW, GenII XL
Jewell Trigger

12.5# all up as pictured.

Web_RD_3441.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting to see a Weatherby tactical rifle build.

What cartridge and how accurate is it?

Steve</div></div>

.308, going to the range this weekend to find out

Thanks for the comments guys.

George Mac -- Yea, I ended up liking the FDE too, even though it's quite a bit different from the tan in the stock. The optic doesn't match very well, but it'll do for now.

TimResin -- d0311 is correct, it's Surgeons's DBM with an AICS 10rd mag (only houses 7rd with the short mags) Shoulders are milled out for better feeding.

cannonammo1.jpg

cannoncorner1.jpg

cannonside1.jpg

cannonontop1.jpg

Got my 700 SPS Tac back from the smith today, had the badger bolt knob and FTE brake installed. Still waiting on my USO ST-10 then it's done, hanging out for that!

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSCN1414.jpg

Me and my Sako TRG 42 .338 LM on the fields -S&B 4-16x50 PMII-Custom rings

Here is my latest....6.5x47 Lapua

Specs:
Trued Remington 700
Badger Knob, Base, Rings
Kreiger 1:8.5 twist cut to 24"
Jewell Trigger set to 8oz
AICS 2.0 in OD
S&B PMII 4x16x50 P4F Mil/Mil "klicks"
Parkerized under Norrels

So far, shooting in the .300's at 100 with 123's bt have not really dialed in "the load" yet

Do all my own work. Gonna try a Badger M2008 in an AICS next.

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture018.jpg

I am humbled by all these great builds. One day I will have a GAP built rifle. These are my two for now.

Remington 700 LTR 20" in 6.8 SPC. Leupold MK IV LR/T 4.5-14X 50mm, Mildot, SFP. NF base and medium rings. This had a 16X Super Sniper and shot sub MOA at 200 yards using SSA 115 gr. OTM.

HPIM0910.jpg

Savage 10 FCP, 22", in .308 Win. Falcon Menace 4-14X, 44mm, ML16 reticule, FFP. Badger base and medium rings. Gun is a Dick's Sporting Goods package deal that included a cheap 1" Tasco 3-9X Mildot scope. Also has Accutrigger and Accustock. This is my newest toy. I figured I'd give Savage and the Falcon a try for my .308 bolt gun. I had a 700 PSS many years ago. I haven't shot this yet so other upgrades are being contemplated depending on how well it shoots. The Accustock feels "cheap" and will be upgraded to an HS Precision stock when and if available. I am also a big fan of NF scopes but the 3.5-15X FFP scope is out of my price range for now.

HPIM0922.jpg

I am also a big fan of the Accu-pod. I find my shooting is improved when using this from a bench. Not sure how practical these are if I ever have to crawl around in the field with them.

FALbert

Good looking sticks. We all started somewhere and it looks like your well on your way buddy.

My semi auto precision gun:
CA18SPR.jpg

18" Cardinal Armory chrome lined 6.8 SPC barrel, PRI Brake, Larue 13.2 rail, Young NM bolt carrier, LMT enhanced bolt, KAC 2 stage trigger, and NF 2.5-10X NSX with NP-R1 reticule. Another sub MOA shooter at 200 yards with SSA 115 gr. OTM.

Started as this:
P1010031.jpg

Now is this: soon will add a Harris BRM with podclaws
P1010047.jpg

hi mate nice rifle
just 1 question is that a rem 700 varmint and paint tan ect
if it is that looks cool for just a shit stock

hah sorry, I upgraded it a few weeks ago with a Bell and Carlson Tactical Medalist from Shootersdiscount.com

I actually just sold my original stock to a hide member and did give it a simple tan paintjob and as far as aesthetics I think it looked pretty nice.

Finally finished.

Tikka T3 300WM in Manners T4. Falcon 4-14x44 in Seekins, on EGW 20 MOA

IMG_6803-2.jpg

IMG_6805-2.jpg

IMG_6806-2.jpg

John

here is a couple of my favorite Rifles
First one is a stiller action Krieger barrel chambered in 6x47L. I still need to have it painted but i cant decide whether to go with OD or black?

The second rifle is a Lawton action Mcmillan f-class rig chambered in 6mm dasher. Jon beanland is my smith and he knows how to build a rifle. These things shoot incredibly good!! Enjoy! Lee
Beanlandcustoms001.jpg

Beanlandcustoms002.jpg

Scott, I'm having some trouble comprehending your set-up. Thats a short action for sure, but is that a short or long action chassis? Looks to be long action....hows that thing bolted in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott W.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700SS 5R .308, AICS, Leupold 3.5 x 10
DSCF1208.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, I'm having some trouble comprehending your set-up. Thats a short action for sure, but is that a short or long action chassis? Looks to be long action....hows that thing bolted in?
</div></div>

Skins are the same for LA/SA, but the chassis is cut differently.

My 7-08 making its transition from silhouette rifle to practical precision rifle:
Manners T4A, Leupy MK4 16X, Seekins rail, Acculock rings.
7-08T4A003copy.jpg