• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpistolero02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first precision type rifle. Not quite as fancy as most on here, but it will due for my first.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/jtwendel/Rifle1.jpg</div></div>

Nice rig, I see no problems with that. Love the A5 in GAP camo!

Also; I see you are in Lakeway, in in Avery Ranch so let me know if you want to meet up in Jonestown some time to go shooting!

Is there a range up that way? I typically just shoot at my deer lease in the Marble Falls area. It would be nice to have some company and learn from some people that can actually shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippo939</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got quite the expensive rifles, hippo. The Erma SR-100 is said to be one of the most precise german sniper rifles being used by our elite federal police unit GSG-9.

Together with the PSG-1, WA2000 .300WinMag and the Mauser SR-93, you'd have the best rifles Germany ever made after WW2 (the K98k being the most favourised rifle/action for hunting over here).
</div></div>
Thanks!
I am a big fan of the German Sniper Rifle!
However,PSG-1 is " banned" in Canada .So,I can't have it!
I would like to get a WA2000 one day!
About the SR93............................................................
wink.gif

156xycj.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">And don't forget the DSR NO1!
grin.gif
</span>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJi2CR5mJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbCWtCkhKko

2e4jgg0.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Now ,with the new scope on it!!
grin.gif
</span>

n4ta9y.jpg

</div></div>

what scope mount is that? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Factory DSR mount!</span>

Sauer STR in 6,5x55 SE. Swedish made silencer and NF NXS 5,5-22 Mil/MLR. Finnish bipod, SakMil.

087201065514P7ce9.jpg

Does this count? This is my wannabe compact version of a Vietnam era M40. Took it out today to confirm zero and shot this three shot group, pretty good for an old rifle with Remington hunting ammo. I really like this rifle for hunting, very handy.

Remington 600 6mm
Simmons 3-9
unknown base and rings

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

DSCN0905.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the newest 260.
</div></div>

Very nice.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DSCF6773-1.jpg
One from across the pond........... </div></div>

What mag system do you have? Looks pretty big.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpistolero02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first precision type rifle. Not quite as fancy as most on here, but it will due for my first.

Rifle1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a 700p barreled action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DSCF6773-1.jpg
One from across the pond........... </div></div>

What mag system do you have? Looks pretty big.</div></div>

M14 mag conversion by Armalon in the UK.

My contribution:

Savage 10 BAT-S
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
Near Alphamount
Harris Bipod

DSC_2116.jpg

DSC_2118.jpg

DSC_2120.jpg

DSC_2121.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
gadsdenrifle001.jpg
</div></div>

Oh Man! Sooooo Sweeet! Where does one get a paint job like that? I'm interested.

Range report this weekend. The 42mm Schmidt is being overnighted today in a trade for a 4-16x50. Should have it tomorrow and range on Saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ralph_70_bjj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpistolero02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first precision type rifle. Not quite as fancy as most on here, but it will due for my first.

Rifle1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a 700p barreled action? </div></div>

It's a 700 SPS Varmint .308. It shoots pretty well when I do my part. Unfortunately, that is not often enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpistolero02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ralph_70_bjj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpistolero02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first precision type rifle. Not quite as fancy as most on here, but it will due for my first.

Rifle1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a 700p barreled action? </div></div>

It's a 700 SPS Varmint .308. It shoots pretty well when I do my part. Unfortunately, that is not often enough. </div></div>

It looks great. Would you mind taking more pictures if you can? I'm thinking of that A5 for my SPS Varmint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TR11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My contribution:

Savage 10 BAT-S
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
Near Alphamount
Harris Bipod

[</div></div>

TR11... you have my permission to kick anyone that calls that rifle a salvage in the nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeromy Holmes, AKA Dimensions, here on the Hide. Jeromy is great. </div></div>

Thank you very much. I will have to get in touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TR11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My contribution:

Savage 10 BAT-S
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
Near Alphamount
Harris Bipod

DSC_2116.jpg

DSC_2118.jpg

DSC_2120.jpg

DSC_2121.jpg
</div></div>

Are you in Canada?

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

Remington 700 SA, trued., 24'' Krieger, crowned, bedded in Mcm A4 (50% OD, 25% black, 25% Gray) All Badger top and bottom metal, and NF NXS 5.5-22x50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pazzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Are you in Canada? </div></div>

yup

Not posted much but been reading this site for quite a while now , and a great site too!!
A good friend of mine has been singing these rifle praises for quite a while so about 8 months ago i decided to get one!!
It a Parker Hale TX1200 IN 7.62-51.....
Boy do these things shoot!!!
Have been using " Jamies " favourite load of 44 grains of Varget with a 155 A-max seated to 2.810 OAL..........
DSCF3754.jpg

DSCF3759.jpg

DSCF3456.jpg

It shoots really well at the longer ranges too!!!
Went out yesterday to try some recently bought Berger hunting 155 VLDs...
I loaded them up with 44 grains of varget and this is how they shot..............
DSCF3856.jpg

So glad i bought this rifle and have to thank my buddy Jamie for talking me onto getting one--- well chuffed!!!
All the best from this side of the pond.........
RAY.................................

On the left is a 24" Douglas 1:10 .308 match chamber, HS stock,Timney trigger, EGW 0 cant base, Burris XTR rings and a SA 4x16.
On the right is my LTR. All stock except the 16oz. Jewell trigger
and the krylon. 20MOA NF, XTR rings, and a luppy 6.5x20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700 SA, trued., 24'' Krieger, crowned, bedded in Mcm A4 (50% OD, 25% black, 25% Gray) All Badger top and bottom metal, and NF NXS 5.5-22x50</div></div>

Nice rifle. I like the stock colors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700 SA, trued., 24'' Krieger, crowned, bedded in Mcm A4 (50% OD, 25% black, 25% Gray) All Badger top and bottom metal, and NF NXS 5.5-22x50</div></div>

Nice rifle. I like the stock colors. </div></div>

Thank you brother

Here is my collection after many years and a good few mistakes,

Blaser R93 match barrel in 308 win LH
blaser3.jpg

blaser4.jpg

Sauer 202 stutzen in 308 LH
IMG_0639.jpg

Sako 75 Varmint in 6mm ppc usa with mcmillan stock and reflex moderator
IMG_1835.jpg

Dave

My el cheapo budget stick. Pretty much a stock Stevens with a Savage varmint contour 223 barrel. Did some work to the stock to stiffen it up and painted it, also made a kydex cheek piece for it. Did my own trigger work to get it down to just under 2 lbs. Made a piece to fit in the stock so I could load single 223 rounds because it was originally a 308.Weaver 2p bases, Weaver rings, Vortex 6.5-20x44. I have just over 600$ in it as it sits with the optics. Still have the 308 sporter barrel that came with it to. It shoots very well. Target on the right is a 3 shot group from 300 yards, target on the left is a 5 shot group from 100 yards. These were 2 targets from a couple days ago when I was load testing, groups like this are not unusual in the least bit for this gun.

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KingKong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
REmjavaimennin.jpg

And whit supressor

Remjattter.jpg
</div></div>

Specs on that please...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Specs on that please...
smile.gif
</div></div>

-700 sps-v barrel chopped to 24"
-Br tuote supressor http://guns.connect.fi/rs/ +diy supressor cover.
-Old Remington trigger
-Hs precision stock+badger m5
-TIS sling
-Harris bipods

Optics:
-NF 20 moa base, XTR rings, Bushnell elite 4200.

Bolt:
-Callahan bolt knob, aluminum firing pin, Wolff Extra Power Firing Pin Spring

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More precise than I am:
7-08
07ad3896.jpg

</div></div>

Nice collection Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ray toy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not posted much but been reading this site for quite a while now , and a great site too!!
A good friend of mine has been singing these rifle praises for quite a while so about 8 months ago i decided to get one!!
It a Parker Hale TX1200 IN 7.62-51.....
Boy do these things shoot!!!
Have been using " Jamies " favourite load of 44 grains of Varget with a 155 A-max seated to 2.810 OAL..........
DSCF3754.jpg

DSCF3759.jpg

DSCF3456.jpg

It shoots really well at the longer ranges too!!!
Went out yesterday to try some recently bought Berger hunting 155 VLDs...
I loaded them up with 44 grains of varget and this is how they shot..............
DSCF3856.jpg

So glad i bought this rifle and have to thank my buddy Jamie for talking me onto getting one--- well chuffed!!!
All the best from this side of the pond.........
RAY................................. </div></div>

Very nice rifle. Wood stocks and Mauser actions are a wonderful combination.

Here is my new AI AW in .308. I have a new S&B 5-25x56 P4f mil/mil coming for it.

DSCN0836.jpg

Rem 700 action
Rem 26in Varmint barrel
Manners T4 standard fill
Az precision bolt knob
EGW 20MOA base
TPS rings

IMG_1144.jpg

The Manners on a LTR .223

IMG_1160.jpg

url]

if the pic doesn't post, sorry. i can't seem to make it work. you should at least get a link. this is my rifle that Robert Gradous helped me build. actually, he did pretty much everything. Great guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Will you post or PM me the specs on this jewel, down to the color mix on the stock? Been looking into the same set up.

Thanks </div></div>

700 LTR (308)
McM HTG - 50% OD, 25% Black, 25% Medium Tan
Seekins 20 MOA base
Seekins Med-High rings
NF NXS 3.5-15x56 mil / mil
SAS stainless suppressor & brake / direct mount
Tac Ops bolt knob

Just got it back from wnroscoe (Louisiana Precision Rifles) yesterday. He bedded the stock, put the bolt knob on, adjusted the factory 40X trigger, cut the barrel to 18.5", and installed the SAS brake.

Went out today and got her zeroed... going to shoot it at some distance tomorrow with scottishtornado and GO-FASTER.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagHeadSlayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of good shooters
M24A3HS.jpg
rem338.jpg
GAP260Rem1.jpg
M24E007.jpg
</div></div> Can someone tell what brand full length rails those are? Thanks, ADT.