• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Underground rifle case

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
I had been looking for a simple robust rifle case to haul my rifle around in the back seat of a pickup or carry the rifle around at a match if the weather looked inclement. Didn’t want zippers, pouches, or a bunch of molle on it. Couldn’t quite find what I wanted so I contacted @Precision Underground and had him build me a simple rifle case/shooting mat. After a bit of prototyping some different designs he came up with this and I am very happy with it thus far. He also included a high temp Velcro suppressor sleeve.

It was a pleasure working with precision underground on this project!!!

Attachments

• FD4D1F99-9C47-4B77-A21B-74CA029AA26B.jpeg
    FD4D1F99-9C47-4B77-A21B-74CA029AA26B.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 2782BB4A-BC5B-466C-A6B2-CD6B889BC604.jpeg
    2782BB4A-BC5B-466C-A6B2-CD6B889BC604.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 345
So, @Precision Underground, when will this be added to your website, and what is the price?
They are pretty much ready to be sold I just need to get time to get them on the site. I’ll say up front, I can’t compete with China. They are going to run $300-$350. The labor it takes to put one of these together is 10 times what it takes to make a bag or suppressor cover. I could make $1000 worth of bags in the time it takes to make one of these! I can say they are made with the best materials available and also with lots of blood sweat and tears!

Hopefully with some tweaking I can streamline the process and shave some time off but we will see. I’m going to make one for my new large frame build and see how quickly I can do it. If you are interested in one now just PM me and we can discuss.

Great design! I think this type of case makes sense, simple clean way to carry a rifle to where you're shooting and flop down for some prone. Most people carry all their other junk in a backpack, no need to tote it around in a rifle case that's already heavy.

That looks really nice. I would be interested in a smaller length to fit a 16.5 inch shorty.

That looks really nice. I would be interested in a smaller length to fit a 16.5 inch shorty.
If there was a one that would fit a 52 inch rifle I would very interested.
Yea they are all made to order so I can do whatever length serves you best. Up to about 55” anyway. Longer than that gets wider than the material width and more complicated!

If you are interested shoot me a Pm and we can set you up. I’ll get them on the site as soon as I have time.

Except it's not designed for dragging (I haven't had the need to drag a rifle or tie jute to the case in over a decade) & I can get it in any size I want. It IS rectangular & tri-fold, so I'll agree with you there, but there's only so many shapes that make sense in a rifle case. As with most things Larue, Mark hasn't improved on his designs in 15 years... Many don't want a 'drag bag'.

Not trying to ? on this thread, but it sorta looks like the LaRue Drag Bag....

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-drag-bag-tan/
Also looks a lot like these....
8A068C04-D103-4005-815C-D926C822A639.png

I guess I could make one in the shape of a star or a banana or something?? That would be different ?

If you are suggesting that I copied the Larue design I can tell you I had no idea they even made one. There are only a couple of ways to make a folding case, it’s not rocket science.

Last edited:
I had been looking for a simple robust rifle case to haul my rifle around in the back seat of a pickup or carry the rifle around at a match if the weather looked inclement. Didn’t want zippers, pouches, or a bunch of molle on it. Couldn’t quite find what I wanted so I contacted @Precision Underground and had him build me a simple rifle case/shooting mat. After a bit of prototyping some different designs he came up with this and I am very happy with it thus far. He also included a high temp Velcro suppressor sleeve.

It was a pleasure working with precision underground on this project!!!
really nice case

So, how much for a banana shaped case? Still needs to fit a 52” rifle that I don’t feel like bending the barrel on. Definitely don’t need that much trajectory correction. ?

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Can this be made in any of the colors you normally offer? This is really cool.
Should be able to. Some of the stuff is a little stiffer and heavier than others but I think any of them will work. About to do 2 in MARPAT and it’s a little heavier than the coyote that I’ve done so far but i don’t expect any trouble from it.