• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred barrel blanks (the company)

Has anyone taken these barrels to 1 mile or more? Results? I know logan put videos of shooting beyond 1 mile and seemed to hammer just wondering from people who have done it.
Just got my new 7mm Rem Mag barrel from them on Friday. Did the initial test firing and barrel break-in yesterday. Only fired 24 rounds but all went well. I'll be testing out to 558 yards at some point later this week after my taxes are done. I do have a spot where I can shoot out to a mile. That's my goal but no set timeline to achieve that.

Just got my new 7mm Rem Mag barrel from them on Friday. Did the initial test firing and barrel break-in yesterday. Only fired 24 rounds but all went well. I'll be testing out to 558 yards at some point later this week after my taxes are done. I do have a spot where I can shoot out to a mile. That's my goal but no set timeline to achieve that.
Interested to hear results when you do

Forgot to add their build estimate was 12-14 weeks. Got it exactly at the end of the 14th week. Their base price has gone up by 40 bucks since then as well.

This is a 6.5 PRC I did with a Preferred Barrel on a Gunwerks GRB action. It's a Sendero 8 twist 5R pushing 147 ELDMs. 5 shot group.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 171
Forgot to add their build estimate was 12-14 weeks. Got it exactly at the end of the 14th week. Their base price has gone up by 40 bucks since then as well.
I am about half way through the build time on a 308 match barrel and 300 Win Mag barrel that I ordered in April and now using the time to figure out who's chassis I want to use for the builds. It does suck that the price went up as well as the lead time, but that seems the norm now. I hope they have no issues and shoot as well as well as every else in this thread.

Got a .308 22" 1:10 Taperless .900 from them about a month ago.
These are at 225 yards.
I got the taperless .900 as well. Really nice shooting MacMan! I don't think I'm quite that good of a shot, but we shall see in a few weeks once I finish my load development.

Reactions: MacMan48
Thank you. The environmental's were cooperative and the elevation was about 3000'.

The 308 I ordered is a taperless 0.900" 24" 1:10 twist with the match chamber. The 300 Win Mag is a taperless 0.900" 24" 1:9 twist with the 0.050" free bore.

Reactions: MacMan48
Shouldered pre fit 7 saum on a tikka action, got in in13 weeks. Haven't had a chance to work up a load yet.

I’m at week 13 for my 308 M24 barrel. Hopefully it will be ready in the next couple weeks. They quoted me 14-16 weeks. But it’s fluted and cerakoted so it may be longer....

I’m at week 13 for my 308 M24 barrel. Hopefully it will be ready in the next couple weeks. They quoted me 14-16 weeks. But it’s fluted and cerakoted so it may be longer....
I’m at exactly 14 weeks and got the notification that it is going into production.

Not that it matters terribly to me, but just curious; when you place your order, are you charged immediately or when it ships?

My first and Last experience with this company. Shitty reamer job, looked like it was done with a Dremel tool. Tooling marks galore. I like to run bullets seated with bearing surface just in front of the neck shoulder junction, usually around .075 jump and I run a barrel tuner. This barrel was a whopping .335 jump with 190 Berger at that seating point. (barrel was for 7/300 PRC)

Their listed phone number does not work, get the cannot be completed as dialed message. Went to send the barrel back and the listed address is not recognized by USPS. Post office put remarks on it, if not deliverable, return to sender. Got the call from preferred and they claim the barrel tube was empty on delivery.

Buyer beware!! What a bunch of ass clowns to deal with. The first email between us, they denied the barrel was from them as they just got the Manson reamer. But I was the one who shared the reamer specs from Manson and they bought one and said I would be first in line, I guess they forgot that set of emails. I will never use or recommend this outfit.

Only picture I have, I do have video but do not know how to load it.

20210607_091939.jpg

Last edited:
I got my barrel today. Head spaced perfect on my terminus. I’ll probably bore scope it tomorrow. Maybe I can shoot it Tuesday.

Well I just got my email letting me know that my barrels are now into production. So now I guess in 4 to 5 weeks I will get them.

Well I received my two barrels and just mounted them. They look good, but I will not know how they shoot until I get the chassis in for them, and that wont be for another 10 weeks. :(

IMG_0326 (2).JPG

And yes, they are dummy cartridge's.;)

IMG_0328 (2).JPG

Got my new 6.5 creedmoor medium Palma barrel for my NRL hunter rifle broken in. First group is the initial break in, second group is the next time i took it out while still getting the barrel to break in. (First high shot was a sight in, next 4 are on the pasty) Very pleased with the results. Both are right around .4 moa
1D72ECE9-B71C-4846-80E5-621E87E5FA0F.jpeg
61F292D4-8147-4963-88EC-EC7611BDFF91.jpeg

72BA8B88-6381-4DF2-9AD0-52566EF02236.jpeg

Last edited:
Any new info or experiences with these barrels? Considering trying a pre fit for a tikka.

Reactions: DacianMH
This is my 18" 6Creed barrel.
During load development
20220320_235212~2.jpg

Checking and confirming drop at 300 yds.
Screenshot_20220325-184745_Range Buddy.jpg

And the load I settled on after the velocity leveled off.

Attachments

• 2022-05-11-23-48-48ß6 creed~2.jpg
    2022-05-11-23-48-48ß6 creed~2.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Any luck with the .224 3R grove barrels?
I have a 12 twist and a 6.5 twist, both MTU contours on Origin receivers. They shoot very well. I have a Bartlein 7.7 twist MTU that also shoots very well.

Any new info or experiences with these barrels? Considering trying a pre fit for a tikka.
They’re gtg i wouldn't hesitate. I have a 224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 6mm GT from them in the taperless contours for a couple of BigHorn Origins. They require some break in but after that they shoot very well.

What barrel profile did you order?

I ordered two, one 308 0.900 taperless with their match chamber and a 300 Win mag 0.900 taperless with 0.050 (3.600) free bore match chamber. Both shoot sub MOA for me and the finish was top notch.

Reactions: aviumvenator
I have 3 Tikka barrel from them, all in 6.5 Creedmoor. Two are heavy varmint 900 and one heavy Palma carbon fiber 900. They all shoot well, all under 1/2 moa, closer to .25". I have my two competition rifle for prs style competition at 1500+ rounds and no issues with both of them. No lost of velocity or group opening up. My experience from them have been great. Surprisingly all 3 rifles I own with preferred barrel blanks uses the same load and all shoots the same, including the carbon fiber. So I use one load for all 3 rifles, just slightly different velocity, within 20 fps between barrels.

@Baron85 Mine stopped shooting bug holes, at not that high of a round count, about 400. Cleaned and scoped and cleaned some more to make sure everything was out. Chased other parts of the rifle to make sure they weren't the problem (scope, stock, action). Re-checked all my load data to make sure I didn't change something, checked bullet jump etc. Finally gave up and just ordered a new barrel, and it's shooting bug holes with minimal effort. There may be more that can be done to restore my PBB, but I wasn't able to restore it to its former glory doing everything I know to do. It was shooting 3/8MOA most of the time, then all of the sudden, it wasn't. It will still work for a hunting barrel, currently shooting 1MOA average, and someone more knowledgeable than me may be able to get it to shoot better, but for now I've moved on

Reactions: Cormbread_Jenkins
Good info guys. I have a friend that has lots of good to say about proffered. He also had an osprey that died early it than it should have, around 1k rounds on a 6br. Finally pulled it and replaced with another preferred

Reactions: archangel485
Load development with my #1 sporter 25-06 1:7.5 twist was almost nonexistant. It shoots 121gr Hammer Hunters over RL26 at around 3200 fps with 1/2" MOA accuracy, but it devours hornady superformance 117 SSTs.
This is a five shot group:
2506117sst.jpg

I also had a #1 sporter 280 Ackley barrel made and it shot well, too. I sold it before I got load development done because I bought a different rifle to work on.

120gr TTSX going 3400 over IMR 4350:

280120ttsx.jpg

The gun:

tree.jpg

Reactions: Baron85
There are so many better options for prefits than PBB. Please. Don’t.
Cheap is cheap is cheap.

Red flag #1
When you ask over the phone: “Who’s blanks are you using?”
Answer: “We don’t like to give out the name of supplier, we get special volume pricing that might upset other vendors.”

IMO the quality of material used in the blanks are sub par compared to true match quality and as others have stated live a short life holding accurate groups.

My initial dealings with PBB went like this. Saw a post on here about a newer company offering prefits for popular actions, at a pretty reasonable price, so I bit. Needed a new br barrel for nuke and wanted a 6 Dasher for another action. Called them up and spent some money. Was given 8-10 week lead time which was fine as that left me about 6-8 weeks to get squared away before shooting trip and match season began.
Placed order for three barrels. A 6.5x47 and 6br shouldered for arc nuke, and a 6 dasher for kelbly atlas.
Had different issues with all three. All were ordered with same profile mtu finish at 26”, when you could still choose, and got the standard bead blast finish with 5/8-24 threaded muzzle. Worked out to about $465 shipped per barrel.
This is what I received:
6 dasher pipe was shiny polished, no threaded and lighter profile with .785 muzzle dia, like a heavy sporter. Not what I ordered.
6br was as ordered.
6.5x47 ordered mtu 26” finish, showed up and it was 23” mtu. Not a big deal, but not what I ordered.

With my first 6br barrel from PBB I got great groups for about 350 initial rounds, then it started opening up, big time, like clover leafs to nearing 1” at 100y. Went through everything on the rifle thinking I might have something coming loose, no change, swapped old faithful 2600+ round count barrel on and shot the same loads into .3/.4 groups at 100. PBB back on, 1” groups. Swapped barrel to my second nuke action, same 1” groups. After 200 more rounds of fighting I sent barrel back with exactly 537 rounds fired, received replacement after 6 weeks, same game. Went 500 or so rounds and hit a wall, started opening up and throwing flyers. Immediately pulled, boxed up, sent back and requested refund for it and incorrect 6 dasher. Did the run around for couple weeks with somebody claiming to be customer service, and finally received a refund for the 6br and dasher barrels.
To summarize, I spent $450 on barrel, then wasted 537 bullets at $0.40ea and primers at $0.15ea during a time they were nearly irreplaceable, powder two pounds at $40ea, and my time.
Now I’m into a worthless barrel that shoots 1” groups above $850. Hmmm.

The only bright spot in my pbb story is the 6.5x47 pipe. It shot great for the 250 rounds I owned it, then I sold all my kelbly stuff and went to 60 degree actions.

All said and done I currently own nothing from pbb and never will.
If you add in their poor customer service and long wait times to the product they produce, the end result is a waste of money and time that could’ve been spent on a barrel you’ll get 2k+ accurate rounds out of instead of 500 after waiting 18 weeks for delivery and another 6 for replacement only to be back at square one 6-1/2 months later looking for quality prefit barrels.

If I was giving advice, I’d say go elsewhere for your needs and pony up a few extra dollars on your initial investment to save you a ton of money wasted in reloading components, time and frustration. The end results will be much more to your liking.

There are so many better options for prefits than PBB. Please. Don’t.
Cheap is cheap is cheap.

Red flag #1
When you ask over the phone: “Who’s blanks are you using?”
Answer: “We don’t like to give out the name of supplier, we get special volume pricing that might upset other vendors.”

IMO the quality of material used in the blanks are sub par compared to true match quality and as others have stated live a short life holding accurate groups.

My initial dealings with PBB went like this. Saw a post on here about a newer company offering prefits for popular actions, at a pretty reasonable price, so I bit. Needed a new br barrel for nuke and wanted a 6 Dasher for another action. Called them up and spent some money. Was given 8-10 week lead time which was fine as that left me about 6-8 weeks to get squared away before shooting trip and match season began.
Placed order for three barrels. A 6.5x47 and 6br shouldered for arc nuke, and a 6 dasher for kelbly atlas.
Had different issues with all three. All were ordered with same profile mtu finish at 26”, when you could still choose, and got the standard bead blast finish with 5/8-24 threaded muzzle. Worked out to about $465 shipped per barrel.
This is what I received:
6 dasher pipe was shiny polished, no threaded and lighter profile with .785 muzzle dia, like a heavy sporter. Not what I ordered.
6br was as ordered.
6.5x47 ordered mtu 26” finish, showed up and it was 23” mtu. Not a big deal, but not what I ordered.

With my first 6br barrel from PBB I got great groups for about 350 initial rounds, then it started opening up, big time, like clover leafs to nearing 1” at 100y. Went through everything on the rifle thinking I might have something coming loose, no change, swapped old faithful 2600+ round count barrel on and shot the same loads into .3/.4 groups at 100. PBB back on, 1” groups. Swapped barrel to my second nuke action, same 1” groups. After 200 more rounds of fighting I sent barrel back with exactly 537 rounds fired, received replacement after 6 weeks, same game. Went 500 or so rounds and hit a wall, started opening up and throwing flyers. Immediately pulled, boxed up, sent back and requested refund for it and incorrect 6 dasher. Did the run around for couple weeks with somebody claiming to be customer service, and finally received a refund for the 6br and dasher barrels.
To summarize, I spent $450 on barrel, then wasted 537 bullets at $0.40ea and primers at $0.15ea during a time they were nearly irreplaceable, powder two pounds at $40ea, and my time.
Now I’m into a worthless barrel that shoots 1” groups above $850. Hmmm.

The only bright spot in my pbb story is the 6.5x47 pipe. It shot great for the 250 rounds I owned it, then I sold all my kelbly stuff and went to 60 degree actions.

All said and done I currently own nothing from pbb and never will.
If you add in their poor customer service and long wait times to the product they produce, the end result is a waste of money and time that could’ve been spent on a barrel you’ll get 2k+ accurate rounds out of instead of 500 after waiting 18 weeks for delivery and another 6 for replacement only to be back at square one 6-1/2 months later looking for quality prefit barrels.

If I was giving advice, I’d say go elsewhere for your needs and pony up a few extra dollars on your initial investment to save you a ton of money wasted in reloading components, time and frustration. The end results will be much more to your liking.
Can you go back to 2 years ago when I was deciding what to order and give me this warning? :) I just paid double for a replacement barrel (maybe not quite, but close) it will probably last 4 times the round count. If it does, then it's a no brainer. But it only has to make it to 800 rounds to be well worth doing, haha. Time will tell.

Reactions: John Glidewell
I ordered two, one 308 0.900 taperless with their match chamber and a 300 Win mag 0.900 taperless with 0.050 (3.600) free bore match chamber. Both shoot sub MOA for me and the finish was top notch.
How many rds have you had through yours? Considering doing a shorty 308 with either a m24 or one of their heavier taperless for my nucleus. Seems like people on here either love PBB or hate them. Trying to hear from users who have had them for a minute.

How many rds have you had through yours? Considering doing a shorty 308 with either a m24 or one of their heavier taperless for my nucleus. Seems like people on here either love PBB or hate them. Trying to hear from users who have had them for a minute.
I have about 200 through the 300WM and about 350 through the 308 WIN. I like both and they shoot around 1/2 MOA with my average reloads and good factory ammo.

They were pricey and I think the next one I get will be from Northland Shooting Supplies just to see what they are like for barrels. There barrel tools are awesome.

Reactions: jb0311