• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Presbyopia (age related farsightedness) - First Focal Plane

bassani

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Mandeville, LA
Ok.
I have presbyopia and would like to hear from others that also have the problem AND have tried or own FFP scopes.

Currently, i own SFP Leupold VX-6 3-18x50mm with a side focus.
The ocular (eyepiece) focus, which EVERY scope has, allows me to focus the reticle.
The side focus (parallex adjustment) allows me to focus the target down range.
Effectively, this combination completely corrects my presbyopia problem.

However, I have some interest in purchasing a LPVO (currently looking at the Primary Arms 1-8x24mm compact SLx).
I have not found ANY LPVOs with a side focus due to the fact parallax isnt an issue typically below 10x mag.

So, here is my question is this for those with presbyopia and a FFP experience LPVO:

Will the ocular focus on a FFP correct BOTH the reticle AND the target due to the reticle different physical location inside the scope which allows for equal magnification of the reticle and target?

Also, are there ANY LPVOs out there with a side focus out there?

Thanks

Reactions: lockedandloaded
I have the same vision issue. I have a Leupold Mk6 1-6x and previously had a NF ATACR 1-8x, both FFP and non-side focus. I had no issue seeing down range through the scope (the Mk6 is one of my favorite LPVOs). The fixed parallax is going to have a small impact at distance regardless.