• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primer Prices in 1993-94

Stealff

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
Midland, TX
I've come across a deal for nearly 20k primers that were purchased back in 1993-94, before the AWB. I'm curious as to what the going price was per 1000 back then, if anyone can recall or still has some with the price tag. I'm looking to purchase them, but want to make a fair deal with the guy.

They are Remington small rifle benchrest and Fed 210.

Jared

Re: Primer Prices in 1993-94

I still have some of that vintage.

$1.79/100 was the average sticker price around here. Per 1k they averaged about $15.00

I remember buying primers off the shelf for $0.65 a hundred. But I think $10 to 12 is the time frame close to what you're looking for.

When I started reloading I was paying around $14 for CCI and $12 for Winchester. That would have been around 96 or so.

The prices quoted seem about right, my best guess was $1.75/100 and $16/1,000. I checked to see if I had any old stock that might have had prices on them from that era with no luck. Whenever I buy a case of primers and jugs of powder I now label them with the date I bought them, I date them so I use old stock first. I think I will start putting the price on also just to be able to compare.

wade

Imagine, merchandise with a price on it...

As opposed to the common practice today of straight from the deepest part of the anus pricing!

$10,$12,$14 range is what i remember them being at that time and Match primers only being $4-$5 more than standard primers.