• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pristine rifle actions

That's cool that you actually responded. We like vendor interaction on here a lot, so thank you for that. I do like the 90 degree better and the 3 lug does tend to feel more stiff. I won't argue with that, but why would adding more lugs help that, assuming they all have tolerance to engage at the same percentage of interface with the receiver?

Again, I love it when vendors will actually engage here and so do most others, so you get good bonus points for that, and for dealing with the inevitable jerks who tend to make vendors not engage....

I mean... if you want to truly differentiate and make a name. Otherwise... you'll have to compete on price and that's tough with this inflation.

And thanks for being involved. That'll go a long way, too! It's just.. man... prefits. Gotta have prefit capability. I really don't think anyone wants to deal with a X month wait to have their barrel chambered for their specific action that is unique and has special needs anymore.

And if you can get a custom OEM to use your action (perhaps rebranded, but make it known) then that'll get you cash flow! (Think Mac Bros/Horizon).
Hey HousePlant,
I'm working with a few guys that are very interested in white-labelling as we have the manufacturing to get production, so hopefully that picks up!
I hear you on the prefits, i talked to Josh at Patriot Valley the other day and once we get a dimension picked out for the shoulder he was interested in producing barrels for us, which is a good start. I gave him the dimensions for chambering for using the barrel nut style barrels in the meantime.

i watched the videos a few times and im having a hard time understanding the "cocking/ extraction ramp system"?

i dont see a bearing like another company and i dont see a flush mount roller in the bolt handle contact area

i know david tubb uses a light material for his action and puts a hardened pin for the contact area but that is still the same idea as other actions just a different application

if anyone has info id love to hear about it or see a pic

brian

Kinda seems like a pricey action for what it offers. $1300 for a pinned, non-integral lug, non-integral rail, and uncoated stainless.

Are they claiming their actions are somehow more precise or held to tighter tolerances that the competition to make up for the high price and lack of features?

I don't get it.

Gotta do it all. Time the threads so barrel makers can etch their logo and it lands in the intended orientation every time.

Impact 737 is like this.

Then the barrel maker has all they need to even provide a barrel that headspaces once torqued on, their logo and the barrel info shows where the maker intends, and one could even have an integral muzzle brake pre-timed.

In theory but not in practice. The rotational difference to hit a thread to that tight of a fit for clocking lineup is well inside what a Class 3 thread would generate. Even with a Class 3 fit between a receiver and a barrel the is way outside of the allowable clocking tolerance of a blended brake.

Sometimes we have people call up and say the headspace on their barrel is wrong because the clocking is off by 5-7 degrees. That takes an explanation about how the clocking of the timing mark has no influence over the headspace and this shocks some people.

Zermatt and Impact are the most consistent headspaces and thread dimensions that we deal with. Taking either of those and using the same barrel across 5 actions will net someone a drift in clocking marks that is acceptable for labeling but wholly unacceptable for timing a brake in place with the reliability that is required for a prefit action.

Reactions: Pristine
In theory but not in practice. The rotational difference to hit a thread to that tight of a fit for clocking lineup is well inside what a Class 3 thread would generate. Even with a Class 3 fit between a receiver and a barrel the is way outside of the allowable clocking tolerance of a blended brake.

Sometimes we have people call up and say the headspace on their barrel is wrong because the clocking is off by 5-7 degrees. That takes an explanation about how the clocking of the timing mark has no influence over the headspace and this shocks some people.

Zermatt and Impact are the most consistent headspaces and thread dimensions that we deal with. Taking either of those and using the same barrel across 5 actions will net someone a drift in clocking marks that is acceptable for labeling but wholly unacceptable for timing a brake in place with the reliability that is required for a prefit action.

Well then it's harder than I thought... understood.

Still, I've put 3 different PROOF barrels on my Impact action and the PROOF logo and caliber info ends up exactly in the same place. So it's timed enough for that and PROOF figured out the timing so, at this point, any "new" action out there really should be able to accommodate the same.

Reactions: Average guy
i watched the videos a few times and im having a hard time understanding the "cocking/ extraction ramp system"?

i dont see a bearing like another company and i dont see a flush mount roller in the bolt handle contact area

i know david tubb uses a light material for his action and puts a hardened pin for the contact area but that is still the same idea as other actions just a different application

if anyone has info id love to hear about it or see a pic

brian
Pristine-Rolling-Wheel-Cocking-Piece-Left.jpg

Reactions: brianf
Well then it's harder than I thought... understood.

Still, I've put 3 different PROOF barrels on my Impact action and the PROOF logo and caliber info ends up exactly in the same place. So it's timed enough for that and PROOF figured out the timing so, at this point, any "new" action out there really should be able to accommodate the same.
That's true, and that's typical of our prefits for ARC, Zermatt, Impact, etc.
However, if you had a muzzle brake that wasn't quite right the likelihood of the barrel going back with your action to be re-timed is a whole lot higher than if your caliber marking is off by 5 degrees.

Reactions: HousePlant
Hey guys. If anyone wants to see one of these in the states we have a demo rifle that will make it's rounds at some PRS Midwest matches. The rifle will also be setup at the Missouri Vortex Sniper Challenge in a few weeks for anyone to look it over on the Thursday vendor day.

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_160039705_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220308_160039705_HDR.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 186
Update on the Pristine action!

One word....smooth. Just dumb smooth bolt lift, can't even explain how light it is. I'm also happy to say that any issues found they are working to improve and that I have an early version so some things are already take care of.

Pros:
Machined well, good extraction, smooth bolt close and lift, oversized tang, semi tooless bolt disassembly, easy to clean, rail is solid and has a nice finish, solid bolt stop that is easy to use. Stainless trigger pins that are polished and easy to install. Using a proof 6.5 it's an easy 1/2 moa rifle.

Cons:
Bolt shroud is machined plastic on mine (metal version coming), slight wiggle on the lug pin ( fits fine but I'm a sucker for perfect fit pins), bolt body could be fluted to make it glide just a bit better (nothing wrong just not as smooth back and forth as my defiance). Ejector springs are a little weak (zero failures but I prefer it to land further away than they do), Bolt knob is "ok" (could be a touch longer and teardrop)

Attachments

• IMG_7656.jpg
    IMG_7656.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_7654.jpg
    IMG_7654.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: JackBerry
Zero issues for the match days and watching a new shooting get impacts at 1000 is always great!

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_080824.jpg
    IMG_20220615_080824.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20220615_080818.jpg
    IMG_20220615_080818.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Matt_3479
New barrel in process! 223 bolt face here and getting put on this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_135049678~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_135049678~2.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 111
Update. One barrel down and it's still running strong.

Some of the issues I had in the beginning have been taken care of on production versions.

1) Bolts are now offered fluted

2) Ejector springs are stronger

3) Prefits!

4) 223 bolt face!

5)Unofficially there are new aftermarket lugs that will allow TL3 or or Original shouldered prefits. Be looking for those to pop up.

bringing up a old thread;

has anyone purchased/ tried one etc

I use it as our loaner and it's been pretty solid. I think there are some 50% floating around on tables and at that price it's totally worth it

I use it as our loaner and it's been pretty solid. I think there are some 50% floating around on tables and at that price it's totally worth it
Forgot to ask..I’m guessing there is a breech ring. Is it pressed in or loose like the seekins action.

Bumping this for any more feedback on these actions as they are pretty well the price leader in Canada at the moment. The hoops required to export actions from the US to Canada means our prices up here tend to be very inflated.

Canadian prices are insane.

I think Kelly's are priced decently in Canada.

It's going to be hard for Pristine to break into the market down here, given how competitive the action market has recently become.

Bumping this for any more feedback on these actions as they are pretty well the price leader in Canada at the moment. The hoops required to export actions from the US to Canada means our prices up here tend to be very inflated.
You can get the kelbly atlas actions in Canada for 100 dollars more than the pristine and it’s a fantastic action. Ultimatum is coming out with their hmb action with the goal of 1200-1300 and it’s a 2 lug, wire edm, fluted bolt 700 footprint action.

Reactions: kthomas
You can get the kelbly atlas actions in Canada for 100 dollars more than the pristine and it’s a fantastic action. Ultimatum is coming out with their hmb action with the goal of 1200-1300 and it’s a 2 lug, wire edm, fluted bolt 700 footprint action.

Hopefully Ultimatum doesn't mess it up with bizarre design/feature choices.

Having shot my buddies ultimatum, I think it’s the worse 700 footprint action out there for its price. It really does nothing for me. Didn’t like how it feed, bolt lift was meh

Want smooth 3 lug and AW cut ? Go Terminus or CDG.
Want CRF ? ARC or Zermatt
Want light weight or well built smooth 2 lug ? Defiance
Want good value ? Origin.
Easy access to prefits in stock ? impact
I absolutely fail to see what this thing offers for 1600$ cad +

Maybe the HMB will be much better but so far I’m been less than impressed...

Hopefully Ultimatum doesn't mess it up with bizarre design/feature choices.

Yah we will have to see, I heard they want to keep it simple and basic. A true 700 footprint, 90 degree, budget action in Canada, prefit compatible, so we will see.

Having shot my buddies ultimatum, I think it’s the worse 700 footprint action out there for its price. It really does nothing for me. Didn’t like how it feed, bolt lift was meh

Want smooth 3 lug and AW cut ? Go Terminus or CDG.
Want CRF ? ARC or Zermatt
Want light weight or well built smooth 2 lug ? Defiance
Want good value ? Origin.
Easy access to prefits in stock ? impact
I absolutely fail to see what this thing offers for 1600$ cad +

Maybe the HMB will be much better but so far I’m been less than impressed...
The gen 1 deadline was not great, didn’t like the feel of that at all. I now own a gen 2 and it’s significantly better than the gen 1 but none the less I was talking about there hmb action. I just had hands on an earlier pristine and didn’t overly like what I saw but they changed a few things. In Canada the kelbly can be had for cheap and it’s a ton of action for the money, and would recommended it highly.

Is this where half of us don't get excited about them, and then the other half say, "why is it a bad thing there are more options", and other people say, "why would I buy this over xxxx action?", And the second group says what do you have against them? Wait until they come out to judge them, and then Ultimatum stops answering the phones and the Defacto never gets made, and AI never makes a .223 bolt, and then we find out MOD B barrels only get you 300 more rounds, and then we find out Frank died 2 years ago and a redneck conartist from Louisiana has been running Snipers Hide the whole time and has a dog named Theis. And then 308Pirate steps in to tell everyone their stupid because he shoots a CZ in production class USPSA and Steelhead says .260 Master Race....
You can always count on a retarted and arrogant comment from 308buttpirate…

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
I have a pristene one of the first 400 made according to serial number. bolt handle lift is close to 6 lbs [5.12 to be exact] If using a prefit with the barrel nut you have to make sure the chassis you are using has space for the nut. Mine did not and shot terrible groups if you even call them groups looked more like a full choke shotgun pattern. have not shot it much after opening the pocket up for clearance on the barrel nut. But plan on doing so soon. shooting a 1-8.5 twist 308 with 175s but will try a load developemnt of heavier bullets IF I can not get to shoo tbetter will be traded for something that does. Stan

• Haha
Reactions: Matt_3479