• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pro trimmer or pro trimmer 2?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
I'm looking to get a case trimmer. These are the 2 models I have narrowed it down to. It seems as if the only difference is that the 2 comes with a universal shell holder and the original model you must buy the shell holders. Are there any other differences and is the universal shell holder worth the extra money? Thanks, I'm still some what new to this reloading thing.

I am fairly new to reloading too and did alot of looking around and bought this....

World's Finest Trimmer 2 at Little Crow Gunb Works

They make one that is caliber or case specific (WFT), but the WFT2 has interchangeable inserts but you will also need a 1/2" chuck drill. I'll be quite honest, I have not used any sort of case trimmer before and I have not used the WFT2 (with 300BO, 300WSM, 338LM inserts) that I bought yet. But it seemed like a great design, less work turning one by hand, easy to use for multiple calibers (WFT2). You do need to have a "master case" with correct trim length to set your cutter depth, then have at it with the cases you need to trim.

Just something to consider if you havent seen it yet or already ruled it out.

I am fairly new to reloading too and did alot of looking around and bought this....

World's Finest Trimmer 2 at Little Crow Gunb Works

They make one that is caliber or case specific (WFT), but the WFT2 has interchangeable inserts but you will also need a 1/2" chuck drill. I'll be quite honest, I have not used any sort of case trimmer before and I have not used the WFT2 (with 300BO, 300WSM, 338LM inserts) that I bought yet. But it seemed like a great design, less work turning one by hand, easy to use for multiple calibers (WFT2). You do need to have a "master case" with correct trim length to set your cutter depth, then have at it with the cases you need to trim.

Just something to consider if you havent seen it yet or already ruled it out.

I use these
https://www.possumhollowproducts.com/KWICK_CASE_TRIMMERS.html
I also have the Hornady trimmer that looks like a little lathe.
Originally I was trimming the cases for my precision rifles with the Hornady trimmer and used the Possum Hollow trimmer for my bulk .223 and .308 cases, but in reality the cheap kwick case trimmers do just as good a job in 1/10th the time.

I have the WFT and the rcbs power pro 2 trimmer. What ever you decide do not go with the shell holder version of the rcbs. It is a hassle and it sucks. One benefit of the pro trimmer is that no matter what your brass is in size it cuts the same every time. The wft is Awsome but you have to have your shoulder bumped exactly the same for each case to get the same cut. Both have their advantages, I'm sure you'll be happy with either...

The RCBS II sucks monster meat missle. I got it in hope's I could use the 3 way cutter with it. It cut the chamfer and debur crooked on every case. I tried fo r3 hours to get it right before I gave up. Do yourself a favor and get the Forster. The WTF would be awesome if it chamfered and debured all in one.

I have the RCBS power trimmer with 3-way cutter and luv it. If you don't turn necks your debur and chamfer may look crooked. Mine works very well IMHO.

I've been using the Redding 2400. It was a little tough to get set up but after the initial setup it's been working like a charm.

Save up and buy a Giraud and never look back. Probably one of the top five pieces of reload equip ever built! "Buy once Cry once"

The RCBS II sucks monster meat missle. I got it in hope's I could use the 3 way cutter with it. It cut the chamfer and debur crooked on every case. I tried fo r3 hours to get it right before I gave up. Do yourself a favor and get the Forster. The WTF would be awesome if it chamfered and debured all in one.

Actually the wft does chamfer if youll work it right. All you have to do is twist the case clockwise and push down a little harder towards the end of the trimming process. I've actually noticed my necks are alot more concentric doing this. I've actually bumped the shoulder and trimmed , then tumbled then used a lee collet die and loaded. Shot lights out with no more deburring or chamfering.

I ended up sending the Rcbs cutter back and bought the Forster with their 3 way cutter. It's works like the Rcbs should have. Set it up in 5 minutes and has been ginning out perfect cases. The Wtf would be the best cutter out there if they would add the 3 way feature to it.

I ended up sending the Rcbs cutter back and bought the Forster with their 3 way cutter. It's works like the Rcbs should have. Set it up in 5 minutes and has been ginning out perfect cases. The Wtf would be the best cutter out there if they would add the 3 way feature to it.

Man I know what you mean about the rcbs 3 way cutter. It's really Awsome if you get it set up but like you said it was a pain in the ass. I've got mine set up for my .300 win mags and WON'T EVER change it because its such a pain getting everything set back up. So for all my other rounds I use the wft if I've got a ton to do or a Wilson if its just a few...
Shit, I've got a Redding br3 that I'VE NEVER USED.... Too much money spent on stuff that is just wasting away

Man I know what you mean about the rcbs 3 way cutter. It's really Awsome if you get it set up but like you said it was a pain in the ass. I've got mine set up for my .300 win mags and WON'T EVER change it because its such a pain getting everything set back up. So for all my other rounds I use the wft if I've got a ton to do or a Wilson if its just a few...
Shit, I've got a Redding br3 that I'VE NEVER USED.... Too much money spent on stuff that is just wasting away

You need to bring some of those toys you have and come shoot a 300 yard f/class match with us in Jackson sometime. It's nra approved starting in March on the 3rd Saturday of each month .

You need to bring some of those toys you have and come shoot a 300 yard f/class match with us in Jackson sometime. It's nra approved starting in March on the 3rd Saturday of each month .

Sounds fun. Where are they going to do it at in Jackson?? Do they have an f open ?