• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

hs338lapua

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
I had a slow day today so I decided to build a light bar for 2 Ibis Tek IR lights I bought a couple months back.

DSCI0025-1.jpg

I wanted to make it removable and mountable on multiple vehicles.

I started with some 22 gauge sheet metal. 24"x12" and 24"x8".

DSCI0024-1.jpg

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

DSCI0027-1.jpg

DSCI0028.jpg

DSCI0029-1.jpg

DSCI0030-1.jpg

DSCI0031-1.jpg

DSCI0034-1.jpg

Re: Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

DSCI0070.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

DSCI0074.jpg

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0077.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

DSCI0085.jpg

All said and done I'm really happy how this turned out. I have about 3 hours into fabrication and paint. I'm waiting on a 12v to 24v step up converter for this setup. When it comes in I'll get some shots of these in action.

Re: Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

that turned out nice; mine are still in the box, and I don't know whether I'd ever get around to doing anything with them...

I'm slightly embarrassed it took me over a year to post a couple photos and videos of the light bar in action. I apologize for the video, I didn't think about the delay while recording with my phone, hence the lack of driving skills.

Also I think my droid does a poor job of accurately representing how bright these actually are.

These top 2 are videos, the rest are photos.

I do need to remake a better mount for this as the original has since cracked on one side. I am probably going to make single units for the sides of my jeep as I would like to spot creatures of the night off the side of the road.

Disclaimer: All road testing was done on private roads under adult supervision.

Any issues with overheating in that enclosed box? Seems like a few airvents on the backside would allow the heat sinks on the lights to work better or at least at a lower temp.

Any issues with overheating in that enclosed box? Seems like a few airvents on the backside would allow the heat sinks on the lights to work better or at least at a lower temp.

I did put in 2 air holes in the back. I didn't snap any pictures of it though. I put them along the bottom edge to allow water to drain out as well.