• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

hs338lapua

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
I had a slow day today so I decided to build a light bar for 2 Ibis Tek IR lights I bought a couple months back.

DSCI0025-1.jpg

I wanted to make it removable and mountable on multiple vehicles.

I started with some 22 gauge sheet metal. 24"x12" and 24"x8".

DSCI0024-1.jpg

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

DSCI0027-1.jpg

DSCI0028.jpg

DSCI0029-1.jpg

DSCI0030-1.jpg

DSCI0031-1.jpg

DSCI0034-1.jpg

Re: Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

DSCI0070.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

DSCI0074.jpg

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0077.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

DSCI0085.jpg

All said and done I'm really happy how this turned out. I have about 3 hours into fabrication and paint. I'm waiting on a 12v to 24v step up converter for this setup. When it comes in I'll get some shots of these in action.

Re: Project Ibis Tek Light Bar

that turned out nice; mine are still in the box, and I don't know whether I'd ever get around to doing anything with them...

I'm slightly embarrassed it took me over a year to post a couple photos and videos of the light bar in action. I apologize for the video, I didn't think about the delay while recording with my phone, hence the lack of driving skills.

Also I think my droid does a poor job of accurately representing how bright these actually are.

These top 2 are videos, the rest are photos.

I do need to remake a better mount for this as the original has since cracked on one side. I am probably going to make single units for the sides of my jeep as I would like to spot creatures of the night off the side of the road.

Disclaimer: All road testing was done on private roads under adult supervision.

Any issues with overheating in that enclosed box? Seems like a few airvents on the backside would allow the heat sinks on the lights to work better or at least at a lower temp.

Any issues with overheating in that enclosed box? Seems like a few airvents on the backside would allow the heat sinks on the lights to work better or at least at a lower temp.

I did put in 2 air holes in the back. I didn't snap any pictures of it though. I put them along the bottom edge to allow water to drain out as well.