• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Project: Manners Mini Chassis

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Manners T-5 Mini Chassis w/ DBM </span>

Last week Sniper's Hide received two Manners T-5 stocks with the new Mini DBM Chassis. So quickly we prepared it for rattle canning so we could drop in a GAP barreled action and use this rifle for the suppressor comparison.
    manners1.jpg

I took the weekend to give one of the stocks a Krylon paint job, nothing fancy, just a simple rattle can job.
    manners2.jpg

As I have been doing with all my new builds I have them put a front rail on instead of using sling studs. In their place I put the flush cups to the left and right side.
    manners3.jpg

This stock features a mini internal chassis with an included detachable magazine bottom metal. Makes it really nice, you can bed the stock, but it also works very well without bedding thanks to this feature.

manners4.jpg

Here is the video demonstrating the process of dropping in the chassis, mounting up a Nightforce Scope, and then shooting the rifle.

<object id="objVeeplePlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="640" height="396" align="middle"><param name="width" value="640"/><param name="height" value="396"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=fb013be9-28de-482c-b12f-61762946eef7&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=396&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><param name="menu" value="false"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed id="embVeeplePlayer" src="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=fb013be9-28de-482c-b12f-61762946eef7&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=396&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="640" height="396" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" menu="false" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><noembed><h1>Manner T-5 Mini Chassis Stock </h1>

Manners, Sniper, Nightforce, T5, Chassis, Sniper&apos;s Hide</p>Veeple Interactive Video</noembed></embed></object>

Within the video is also a demo on how to reset the NF zero stop. So look out for that demo as well.

In conclusion I will add that if you have a factory rifle and want to upgrade it piece meal, this is a great option. you can simply drop in your barreled action, then down the road if you want to change the barrel, you can bed it later, however it will work without bedding and did so very well.

Re: Project: Manners Mini Chassis

Awesome video! Have really been thinking about getting this set up.

Just curious on why there is no paint on the cheek piece??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kink87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome video! Have really been thinking about getting this set up.

Just curious on why there is no paint on the cheek piece??</div></div>

Because that is where my face goes and I didn't want Krylon rubbing off on my cheek if it got hot and sweaty. there was no need to paint it.. it was already OD, that little bit makes about zero difference, it sort of looks cool too.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kink87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome video! Have really been thinking about getting this set up.

Because that is where my face goes and I didn't want Krylon rubbing off on my cheek if it got hot and sweaty. there was no need to paint it.. it was already OD, that little bit makes about zero difference, it sort of looks cool too.
    wink.gif

</div></div>

You and your prissy cheek....

The DBM is tits!<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> If it were available for the M2008, it would be in my T5</span>...

Edit:
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kink87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome video! Have really been thinking about getting this set up.

wink.gif

</div></div>

You and your prissy cheek....

.</div></div>

You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first.

OK, I dont get it. If it uses a Badger M5 and AICS mags, what makes it "MINI"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I dont get it. If it uses a Badger M5 and AICS mags, what makes it "MINI"? </div></div>

B/c it's not an entire aluminum stock like a AICS, just the part that counts...

The internal chassis is "mini" it only covers action. It's not my term maybe Tom can answer it... but I think it stems from the size of the internal system being from the tang to the recoil lug only and not a full internal frame.

The Mini Chasis is the shit, i have one on my wifes T4A it is as easy and repeatable as torquing it down and rocking on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The internal chassis is "mini" it only covers action. It's not my term maybe Tom can answer it... but I think it stems from the size of the internal system being from the tang to the recoil lug only and not a full internal frame. </div></div>

The M5 is still full sized right? Its just that the internal block does not go into the for-end. I get it.

Steve, the "bottom metal" portion of the Mini Chasis is the same size as the M5.....but the chasis is similar to taking an AICS chasis and cutting the chasis right past the recoil lug inlet and then right after the tang of the action.Its a pretty slick setup that Tom came up with

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The internal chassis is "mini" it only covers action. It's not my term maybe Tom can answer it... but I think it stems from the size of the internal system being from the tang to the recoil lug only and not a full internal frame. </div></div>

The M5 is still full sized right? Its just that the internal block does not go into the for-end. I get it. </div></div> Yes that is correct, The deminsions of the trigger loop and mag latch areas are close to the M5. Here is a picture of one, It is machined out of one solid block for us by Badger Ordance.
    minileft.jpg

McM A-5 stock or Manners T5?? Which do you prefer of the 2?

They both seem around the same price. So how does it compare to the MCM A5?

The T5 and the A5 are completely different. The T5 is a thumbhole stock, the A5 is a traditional gooseneck. The A5 and T4 are similar and i prefer the T4 over the A5. I can live with the fact that it doesnt have a gel coat or molded in finish. Plus i think Manners are a bit better "put together"

I just received the Ambi grip version of the T-5 with mini chassis and I am going to work the snot out them with Tom's suggestion I try and break one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can the chassis be ordered in any of their stocks? </div></div>

How to get your answer.

Manners Composite Stocks L.L.C
    1209 Swift
    North Kansas City, Mo. 64116
    Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
    Phone:(816) 283-3334 fax (816) 283-7244

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can the chassis be ordered in any of their stocks? </div></div>

Yes. Everything but the Super Light Hunter.

When I first saw the stock I didn't like it to much. Now it looks great!

Does the MC have a "barrel pad"???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CD0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the MC have a "barrel pad"??? </div></div> The mini chassis does not have a barrel pad. Each stock is inleted to your barrel specs so that it is floated. Thank you