• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Proof Testing

bowm0051

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2011
Minnesota
So I purchased a Savage Target Action from Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply (great to work with btw). The tag on the action gives a warning that the action has not been proof tested. Should I be concerned about this? Should I perform some testing on my own? How would I go about it?

Re: Proof Testing

Doesn’t look like any ideas out there. This might have been a better post for the reloading forum. I’ll repost.

Re: Proof Testing

You'll be perfectly fine; it's probably something they're lawyers require them to include. I am guessing here, but I bet the reason it hasn't been proof tested is because it was sold as a bare action and has never had a barrel screwed onto it. You should not attempt to "proof test" it yourself as that would serve no purpose and could end catastrophically.