• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Protect your booty

This may not be an option, but I have everything delivered to my work. I alert the guys in shipping I have something coming in and they take good care of it until I return.

This may not be an option, but I have everything delivered to my work. I alert the guys in shipping I have something coming in and they take good care of it until I return.
I wish I had this option. Would save me a lot of headaches trying to find people to sign for my stuff.

I would file a claim with the delivery company. I have had notifications that shit was delivered and signed for and it wasnt. 3 days later it was delivered and the driver signed for it. Uhhhh, that defeats the purpose of the signature.

drivers being in on it hasssss to be a thing. Like it would surprise me less that all politicians tell the truth all the time.

Reactions: Krob95
On my Ring doorbell network people constantly are posting about stuff being stolen off their front porch. I thought I lived in a good area until I found out how much stuff is stolen off my neighbors front porches.
Good areas is where the valuable booty is.

Poors don't order valuable booty, plus, they don't have jobs other than burglarizing and porch pirating in good areas, so they're usually home during the day.

Good areas is where the valuable booty is.

Poors don't order valuable booty, plus, they don't have jobs other than burglarizing and porch pirating, so they're usually home during the day.
This is true unfortunately

I’m a big fan of Wyze cameras. They are under $25. Require no service agreement unless you want the added capabilities.

they are small enough not to make you look like a bank but overt enough that they will be scene to help dissuade people.
I run a bunch of them on my house and they work great day or night.

I even run one in my home where my gun locker ammo, reloading supplies and tools are. If the kids get too close I can see and if anyone wanted to steel the stuff no way they aren’t getting picked up on camera
F1CDC7DB-D4A9-4CB1-874B-3C49AC5057FC.png

Some asshole porch pirate stole my fucking Redding type s dies this morning off my porch. They were delivered by Amazon at 7:40am and by the time I got out of the shower and to the door, at 8am, they were gone. With out a trace, vanished. Shit disappeared like Hillary’s emails.

I live in a nice area and am genuinely shocked, as this is the first time I’ve had a package stolen from me. Called Amazon and they said give it a couple days, call back, and they’ll replace it so I’ll update this post with how that goes.

So guys, and or gals, watch out for you shit when it gets delivered. I’m going to be looking into the Ring doorbell system and see if it’s a feasible thing to do in a rental. I’m glad it was a 200 dollar set of dies and not something much more valuable.
Cool story, Bro. FedEx lost 16 pounds of my gunpowder a couple days ago.

• Sad
Reactions: Jgunner
Cool story, Bro. FedEx lost 16 pounds of my gunpowder a couple days ago.
Damn that sucks. I have 16lbs if powder that should’ve been delivered yesterday. So I feel that. Hopefully something gets figured out for your sake.

I do the same thing. Everything I order comes to my work. Everything. Even my two rifles from CMP were delivered to the office. If something is delivered to the house, it’s because my wife ordered it and she didn’t want me to see it. 😄. I usually do though, because she never checks the porch.

1) Ring works pretty damn good. Viewed thru my ipad I can see what's up.
2) Taking a pic of the package on your porch is a joke. There was a driver caught on cam taking the pic, sending the notification, then stealing the package. LMAO...
3) It's only as good as the people in your area. A masked thief isn't going to care about a cam.

Well I wholeheartedly agree with your daughter because Denver and the surrounding suburbs are chock full of idiots. I thought I got away from them living in southwest Loveland, but it appears I was mistaken.

Maybe not all the people in the surrounding suburbs are idiots......
Or, maybe they are? 🙄🤣🤣😁

I have cameras everywhere, some visible others no so much. I also have a creepy female mannequin head looking out a barn window.
I think bad people will, for the most part, steal elsewhere. This includes sketch Amazon drivers who might be thinking about after hours gigs.

I've had Amazon tell me stuff was delivered but wasn't. I have a Ring doorbell and checked it.
On issue I have had with the ring doorbell is that even though it is hard wired, in the cold months the battery will run down.

I've had Amazon tell me stuff was delivered but wasn't. I have a Ring doorbell and checked it.
On issue I have had with the ring doorbell is that even though it is hard wired, in the cold months the battery will run down.
That’s good to know on the battery life in the winter. I live in Colorado and it gets pretty cold some days

That’s good to know on the battery life in the winter. I live in Colorado and it gets pretty cold some days

Mine is a couple years old. Maybe the new ones are better. When I say hardwired, it is low voltage just like a regular door bell. Really easy install.
Ring is running a "black friday" special and I just ordered thier flood light. Since it should be 110v maybe it won't have the same problem.
The prices on Amazon are the same price as direct from Ring.
I will also mention there is a delay when it contacts my phone, whether it is motion or if someone actually presses the button. It may be my cell carrier (AT&T) or my internet speed. I would still recommend it.

I have been thinking of installing a parcel box on my porch. Just a simple wooden box with a door and a padlock. The driver just has to place it in and close the padlock.

I went with an ARLO instead of a RING and it's on sale presently. Very pleased with it and planning on adding the Pro 3 cameras and base station shortly:

I have some brand new Redding dies for sale in the PX. Cheap. 😁

Do any of yall wonder about all those internet connected security devices?

I mean, you might as well have the CCP over to sit at the table.
Jeff Bezos. I thought I saw where he just bought Ring........ :rolleyes:

I have a Ring system and it's been pretty good. One gripe I do have with it is that every time they have an App update (and it's often), all of my personalized tones settings and alerts get trashed. I had turned a lot of the audio/audible alerts off. Other than that, it's good to be able to monitor your house from anywhere in the world. I didn't sign up for Ring monitoring. What I did do is to call the local Sheriff's Office and get their local phone number and e-mail. Haven't had to use it yet. I tend to think that burglars see it on the house/driveway and just move on to easier pickings. I have a Ring yard sign but decided against putting it up. Seems like it could actually be inviting trouble.

edit; Oh, for anyone considering putting in a network type alarm. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your network hardware and your ISP/speed. I gutted mine and put in a Net Gear Orbi system. Not one problem, been very happy.

Last edited:
Jeff Bezos. I thought I just where he just bought Ring........ :rolleyes:

I have a Ring system and it's been pretty good. One gripe I do have with it is that every time they have an App update (and it's often), all of my personalized tones settings and alerts get trashed. I had turned a lot of the audio/audible alerts off. Other than that, it's good to be able to monitor your house from anywhere in the world. I didn't sign up for Ring monitoring. What I did do is to call the local Sheriff's Office and get their local phone number and e-mail. Haven't had to use it yet. I tend to think that burglars see it on the house/driveway and just move on to easier pickings. I have a Ring yard sign but decided against putting it up. Seems like it could actually be inviting trouble.

edit; Oh, for anyone considering putting in a network type alarm. Do yourself a favor and upgrade your network hardware and your ISP/speed. I gutted mine and put in a Net Gear Orbi system. Not one problem, been very happy.

I figured my ISP speed was an issue.
Did the same with the local SD phone. The last few years prior to covid I was traveling alot. It gives some piece of mind for sure.

Yep.

Ive caught the craziest shit from cameras I have on the outside of the house. We have an iPad built into the wall of the kitchen where you can look at them live (works great for when someone knocks at the door and I can see who it is and just never answer). Solid prevention too as they are like 15+ feet in the air and you can see them; my Trump signs all still have cameras pointed right at them and none have ever been fucked with.

+1 for a proper camera setup (and no, I'm not talking about a single crappy WiFi camera connected to "the cloud").

Screenshot_20201124-065537.png

Ain't cheap, ain't the easiest to install (oh man do I wish I'd had the foresight to pull Cat6 through the eaves the last time I did the roof/facia/soffit), and getting the cameras and NVR configured isn't a five-minutes job. But it's pretty cool to be out for dinner, get a push notification on our phones, and be able to pull up live video of whoever is fucking around in the driveway. It's also nice to see if a buddy is using my workshop, or just being able to find the kids without their mother screaming like a mad woman from every door and window (OK, that still happens regardless of the camera network 😞 ).