• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ProX trigger blows my goat

Monkey Medic 83

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Nightmareland, NV
I adjusted my ProX trigger to the lightest setting, except its still about a 6-7# pull....f**king unacceptable. Anyways a buddy of mine from work who is huge into long range shooting and is a member of the forum (dont remember his screen name) told me to get a Jewell trigger. Only problem is i've heard they can fowl up in dust/dirt and freeze up in the cold. which i dont want happening if a moose or bear is near by. anyone have any suggestion on a trigger that is adjustable to 1-3# and is durable against the elements?

Sometimes old-style Remington trigger pop up for sale here at a reasonable price and they are quite easy to get down to 2.5-3 lbs. Timney triggers are also a great option that are easy to install with a great track record.

I'm happy with my RifleBasix trigger. The shape of the trigger shoe has an impact on how the trigger "feels" to you. I've got a Jewell (no complaints, it has been great for me). The Jewell has a very narrow shoe compared to the RifleBasix. Like a lot of other things, if you can find one to try it would be a good idea.

Timney 510

If you are going to use your rifle for anything outside of range use like hunting, I would advise against the Jewell as there have been many reports of them being able to have been 'knocked' loose to fire as well as the mechanism being prone to fail from foreign material.

I have this one on my M24A2 and love it. It is adjustable from 1.5-4lbs.

https://www.timneytriggers.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15

Go with CG Xtreme mod 22. Can't go wrong with it. Very adjustable and nice take up with crisp break. They are very reliable with great customer service.