• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS cartridge choice

salmonhead

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2019
What would be the most popular cartridge choices in order, in the US, in your opinion?

So what advantage is seen from the 6mm creed to the 6.5 creed? Looks like those 2 are the most popular.

I'm looking at the 6 CM because I want he option of factory ammo, you won't get that in XC or Dasher.

Reactions: BigBC
I'm looking at the 6 CM because I want he option of factory ammo, you won't get that in XC or Dasher.

Exactly why I went with 6CM AnD 6Dash LOL. I want the factory ammo and then the test lab ammo.

I don't reload so had to go with my best option.

I actually don't have my own reloading setup yet haha. Using a friends. I still buy factory in a pinch since I am super new to load dev and stuff. But when I do get it down I think it will be hard to go back to factory. Unless it's cheaper to go factory, but I haven't heard of that in awhile.

What kind of interest would you 6xc shooters have in custom ammo? Or does everyone roll their own anyway?

I'd love to see 6 BR factory ammo

The problem is that small shops need upwards of $2/rnd to produce ammo.

Makes zero sense to pay $2 for 6br or dasher when you can get 6cm Berger ammo for $1.34/rnd with lapua brass.

And 6br or other cartridges aren’t used enough for big ammo companies to produce. PRS community seems large cause we are all congregated online. But we are a very small niche in the ammunition world.

Makes zero sense to pay $2 for 6br or dasher when you can get 6cm Berger ammo for $1.34/rnd with lapua brass.

And 6br or other cartridges aren’t used enough for big ammo companies to produce. PRS community seems large cause we are all congregated online. But we are a very small niche in the ammunition world.
Yeah i hear ya. And i don’t wanna pay $2 a rounds when i can load for it for $0.80. It’s an unrealistic desire... i can dream tho haha

Hold up; where you getting 6cm for that price?

not the berger, but hornady at grabagun comes in below that with flat rate shipping

not the berger, but hornady at grabagun comes in below that with flat rate shipping

Ya, the “problem” with hornady vs Berger is hornady brass vs lapua brass.

You can either keep and have once fired lapua brass or sell it and be at or below the cost per round that it would be to load your own ammo.

The combination of a 105 hybrid bullet and lapua brass is damn near impossible for anyone to come close to in value.

Ya, the “problem” with hornady vs Berger is hornady brass vs lapua brass.

You can either keep and have once fired lapua brass or sell it and be at or below the cost per round that it would be to load your own ammo.

The combination of a 105 hybrid bullet and lapua brass is damn near impossible for anyone to come close to in value.

Yep, The Hornady stuff shoots really well though. If I could get the berger Id buy some. Ables has some in stock apparently.

308, and 6.5 Creed seem to be the go tos.