• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS Gun Buggy/Cart/Stroller conversions.

Hey. Question for you.
Does being a DH make you feel better?
I was asking for advice on a shooting forum.
Nothing to do with it being a gay question or not.
Shit, I have the balls to admit I am new and asking advice, you are just being a prick.
man.. fuck em...

I've been doing this a LONG TIME.... I'm getting old, carried enough shit in the Army, don't want to now.

Been thinking about designing a PRS/NRL specific cart (our rifles are generally heavier & we carry different gear than shotgunner or 3 gun guys)

Hey. Question for you.
Does being a DH make you feel better?
I was asking for advice on a shooting forum.
Nothing to do with it being a gay question or not.
Shit, I have the balls to admit I am new and asking advice, you are just being a prick.
You want advice? Get a good pack and sling then hire a day laborer to carry your shit around.

So you have a couple options. Rugged gear makes some nice carts, but they are expensive. They are the Cadillac, but, they are way behind, and back ordered pretty bad. The other option is do like a lot of guys and build one from a jogging stroller. This is a pretty straight forward idea, until you start looking at options. Use the original seat or remove it and built a flat platform? Do you want an umbrella attachment? (a big beach umbrella). Don’t laugh, if it’s July and 100* or April and pouring rain, the assholes who mock you will want to be under it, or using its shade, or trying to keep their rifles from getting too hot in the sun. I shoot a ton of uspsa, and use a cart all the time. A rifle, gear, ammo, cooler, etc, and it’s a lot of stuff to carry. There isn’t a right or wrong answer, but once you go to a cart, it will spoil you. I will also add, that a cart is harder to use for PRS type stuff at a lot of ranges, because the ranges are more rugged, but I‘ve shot PRS where you could use them, so it will just depend. For what it’s worth I‘ve used a home made one for a while, but I’m in line for a Rugged Gear. Call me a homo, I don’t care!

So you have a couple options. Rugged gear makes some nice carts, but they are expensive. They are the Cadillac, but, they are way behind, and back ordered pretty bad. The other option is do like a lot of guys and build one from a jogging stroller. This is a pretty straight forward idea, until you start looking at options. Use the original seat or remove it and built a flat platform? Do you want an umbrella attachment? (a big beach umbrella). Don’t laugh, if it’s July and 100* or April and pouring rain, the assholes who mock you will want to be under it, or using its shade, or trying to keep their rifles from getting too hot in the sun. I shoot a ton of uspsa, and use a cart all the time. A rifle, gear, ammo, cooler, etc, and it’s a lot of stuff to carry. There isn’t a right or wrong answer, but once you go to a cart, it will spoil you. I will also add, that a cart is harder to use for PRS type stuff at a lot of ranges, because the ranges are more rugged, but I‘ve shot PRS where you could use them, so it will just depend. For what it’s worth I‘ve used a home made one for a while, but I’m in line for a Rugged Gear. Call me a homo, I don’t care!
have you ever used a game cart to haul a deer out of the woods... I'm thinking that style may be a better choice for us

What is your PRS number since you claim to be such a badass
You’re joking right? Never once claimed to be a badass and why would I have a prs number? Remember I don’t own a rifle. You really need to learn how to read.

I have the umbrella on my tripod setup.
Guess I will build one.
Call it my Gun Buggy Stroller. I'm thinking pink, just for these asshats.
When I first saw the strollers I was like hell no. A bunch of matches later and I'm like, show me where to sign.

Attachments

• 20210501_110701.jpg
    20210501_110701.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 20210501_113258.jpg
    20210501_113258.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 563
  • 20210501_110748.jpg
    20210501_110748.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 602
The strollers are very common at USPSA 3-Gun matches, but are rare at other type matches in my area.

Reactions: Rockyp2013
See, I can already tell you are one of the smart ones just by your pictures, as opposed to some of the goobers on here. And while no one has asked for my PRS number, I will say I haven’t shot PRS in years, but my number is a three digit number, so I‘ve been around a while.

See, I can already tell you are one of the smart ones just by your pictures, as opposed to some of the goobers on here. And while no one has asked for my PRS number, I will say I haven’t shot PRS in years, but my number is a three digit number, so I‘ve been around a while.
No one is asking because you are not talking shit. I don’t see the point in stirring up crap when a guy asks a simple, reasonable question.

Golf carts can work, but the more rugged the terrain, the bigger the wheels need to be. I think it will take bigger wheels than that.

Reactions: theLBC
Go get a 3 wheel baby stroller from good will. Remove the seat and build a platform. Add some ATV rifle cradles and call it a day.

The old dudes at my range love showing off their sporting clays carts/buggies. I used one the other day while shooting clays and it was sweet but it didn't feel right...

Picked up a used Bob Stroller off FB Marketplace for $60, added some ATV holders to the sides and fits the Eberlestock like a glove. Just need to add the umbrella holder and I’ll be set.

Attachments

• 37C9484C-CE41-47F8-9078-B22BF2211E50.jpeg
    37C9484C-CE41-47F8-9078-B22BF2211E50.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 571
  • 428D80D4-6014-494B-924D-7AB4518AC80C.jpeg
    428D80D4-6014-494B-924D-7AB4518AC80C.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 583
I have the umbrella on my tripod setup.
Guess I will build one.
Call it my Gay Gun Buggy Stroller. I'm thinking pink, just for these asshats.
When I first saw the strollers I was like hell no. A bunch of matches later and I'm like, show me where to sign.
Not judging here, but doesn't the wind flip your shit upside down pretty regular with the umbrella attached?

Not judging here, but doesn't the wind flip your shit upside down pretty regular with the umbrella attached?
It hasn't, yet.
I hang my pack and bags on it, keeps them off the ground, when I shoot if it's windy I collapse the umbrella, seems to work ok.
honestly, the more I think about it, a Gun Buggy is for me.
I will let my MetroSexuality hang out and let the young bucks, be young bucks. I carry a ton of shit. A tri-pod with a nice set of Nocs (Which the young bucks always ask to look through, because they don't have any), a shooting tripod, a pack with "stuff" and bullits, and three (3) bags, two heavy rears and a light knee bag. Oh, and my umbrella.
Efff em.

After shoting a Texas carbine match and seeing all the offroad strollers with guns, ammo, shooting bags, bottles of water.... I thought they were sweet and had my eyes open for one. A house down the stret from where I work had one out in front after it was cleaned up to sell. Had a buddy drive me over in a pickup, I jumped out and snatched it up. Get it back to the shop and looked it over, already had gun mounts on it!
Only in Texas can you be on the lookout for a baby stroller to put guns in, and find one thats aleady done!

I'll take a couple pictures and post tonight

Well I’ve see plenty in my latest match and I always found this gay as shit.

Now some of the guys told me to put my gun on it since we had a long walk from stage 10 to 1 and let me use it . Long story short the terrain was rough and I had an harder time pushing that 60 lbs cart that hauling my shit by myself.

So fuck your fat carts.

It’s ain’t fucking USPSA or retirement class F class. There is enough drama around PRS let’s now make it a fucking joke with lazy motherfucker strollers.

Well I’ve see plenty in my latest match and I always found this gay as shit.

Now some of the guys told me to put my gun on it since we had a long walk from stage 10 to 1 and let me use it . Long story short the terrain was rough and I had an harder time pushing that 60 lbs cart that hauling my shit by myself.

So fuck your fat carts.

It’s ain’t fucking USPSA or retirement class F class. There is enough drama around PRS let’s now make it a fucking joke with lazy motherfucker strollers.
Wow that post is full of so much anger and hate.
Again the original posted didn’t ask for anyone’s ignorant opinion on carts or PRS for that matter so if you don’t have anything positive to add please go away. I also recommend seeking professional help for your anger issues.

It hasn't, yet.
I hang my pack and bags on it, keeps them off the ground, when I shoot if it's windy I collapse the umbrella, seems to work ok.
honestly, the more I think about it, a Gay Gun Buggy is for me.
I will let my MetroSexuality hang out and let the young bucks, be young bucks. I carry a ton of shit. A tri-pod with a nice set of Nocs (Which the young bucks always ask to look through, because they don't have any), a shooting tripod, a pack with "stuff" and bullits, and three (3) bags, two heavy rears and a light knee bag. Oh, and my umbrella.
Efff em.
Full disclosure, I have one of the Rugged Gear buggies, even my Army son gave me the heckle for my tactical stroller:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Especially when your shooting with a friend, the buggy with all gear and a cooler(y) ---- but, some places I shoot aren't really friendly for the little wheels and it's honestly easier to just heft the backpack around. So I just take the gear that makes life easier for me at this venue today.

Wow that post is full of so much anger and hate.
Again the original posted didn’t ask for anyone’s ignorant opinion on carts or PRS for that matter so if you don’t have anything positive to add please go away. I also recommend seeking professional help for your anger issues.
I don't think their issue is "anger and hate." I think it's something else entirely. Do they drive pickup trucks with ginormous tires and rubber balls hanging off the trailer hitch? Lots of manly-man stickers on the rear window, maybe the one with the Calvin cartoon character pissing on the little stick-figure family? Plenty of clues if you look for them.

"True strength lies in gentleness." - Atticus Artistotle

My buggy is a '90s-vintage jogging stroller whose fabric is a faded vomit-green color, found by my wife on a giveaway web site. I didn't do anything to it except cut off its "seat belts" and other extraneous bits. It comfortably holds my range bag, support bags, etc. I put ATV gun mounts on it but, on rough terrain, it's easier to move with my rifle in a soft case laid atop the range bag - lower center of gravity. In retrospect, I could have left off the mounts, in which case my cost would have been $0.

Someone snapped a picture of me pushing the thing at a match on a cold April morning a few years ago. I'm old enough that age shows even when wearing a faded hoodie with the hood up. My wife and son had a grand ol' time with a series of comments about how I looked like a derelict pushing his world around in a shopping cart...

Last edited:
Damn. Ya'll are making me question my metrosexuality here.
Good thing I didn't ask about what bag or bi-pod to use.
I shoot in Floriduh, flat as a turtles ass here.
An all terrain Baby Stroller will do just fine.
I thank ya'll for the entertaining replies.
#Salt Life Matters.

• Haha
Reactions: DubfromGA and lash
Full disclosure, I have one of the Rugged Gear buggies, even my Army son gave me the GAAAAY heckle for my tactical stroller:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Especially when your shooting with a friend, the buggy with all gear and a cooler(y) ---- but, some places I shoot aren't really friendly for the little wheels and it's honestly easier to just heft the backpack around. So I just take the gear that makes life easier for me at this venue today.
Gay or not put some cold beers in that Buggy / Cooler setup and Ill crawl my 6'6" ass in there and you can just pull me around the PRS match while I shoot from a moving buggy... Ill need someone to pickup my spent brass and empty cans but I'm in...

Kid's old InStep stroller with Kolpin Rhino mounts. Great for IDPA, 3 Gun and flat terrain PRS events. Not the best for PRS ranges with lots of elevation or terrain changes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190220-185623_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190220-185623_Photos.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 414
Then there are one shitload of gay men at PRS matches then.

If you cant carry your shit, you shouldn't be allowed to compete (certain cases excepted, kids, physical disabilities, etc). If you need a baby-stroller You are fat and lazy or have way too much shit.

We shoot a monthly field match that requires walking a few miles per day (@6000ft above sea level) and competitors carry all their own gear. Shooters range in age from 10-70+ years old. One guy is over 80.

What was your excuse again???

If you cant carry your shit, you shouldn't be allowed to compete (certain cases excepted, kids, physical disabilities, etc). If you need a baby-stroller You are fat and lazy or have way too much shit.

We shoot a monthly field match that requires walking a few miles per day (@6000ft above sea level) and competitors carry all their own gear. Shooters range in age from 10-70+ years old. One guy is over 80.

What was your excuse again???
Good for you. I am proud of you.
Fat? Nah. Lazy? No. To much shit? Probably.
I didn't say I couldn't do it, I just see an easier way. You do your thing, I will do mine, as long as we both enjoy it, why should you give a f---k how I get it done?
Hike all you want, it's not my thing.

I'm not going to get into bashing guys for gay gear or not but I will agree that some guys take it a little far with the "Gear" at matches... I have buddies I shoot with that cannot put rounds on target without all their electronic devices, they have no manual fail safe plans. If their phone dies, Kestrel dies, ballistic calculator dies, spotting scope got left, tripod is messed up, etc they cannot shoot and hit. Bare bones I think you should be able to make due and put rounds on most targets with a rifle, some kind of bag, range finder, and dope card on the rifle. If you wanna put together a baby stroller full of "Gear" go for it but if you cant put rounds on target without your entire garage full of shit it might be time to rethink things.

pd $20 for a used jogging stroller on craigslist. get some atv gun mounts. i did this for 3 gun but also use for uspsa and prs since i have it. as noted above the larger wheels traverse crappy terrain easier.

Lol. I know who I'm not going elk hunting with.

My first year I carried a ton of stuff I don't need and a half dozen bags. Now I go very light: a game changer and one rear squeeze bag. Everything stays in the truck unless obviously warranted. Now, I'm not gona lie. The truck is full of shit that it isn't likely I'll have occasion to use, but I throw it in just in case.

I bring a bunch of tripods mostly if the match ROs need them and 80mm spotter and binos for the same reasons. I only bring a tripod out on the course if it's absolutely necessary and it almost never is, because usually the match usually supplies an RRS for the stage that allows them, and I almost always just throw a game changer on it instead of using ARCA or a saddle. If it's raining I'll bring my mat and be a hero to the squad, otherwise it stays in the truck. Tons of stuff in the truck, very little on my back. My pack weighs about 20 lbs and the majority of that is water and tools.

I know you're experienced and have been around a long time, but you need a cart I am almost certain you are toting a ton of stuff you don't really need, or only need in certain, narrow circumstances, and then it's so much easier just to run back to the truck to get it if you really need something.

Maybe its a mental thing, but I find that the less gear I'm messing with on the course the more focused I am on dialing, a clean break, and good fundamentals to get an impact. When I try to bring to bring more gear into play I waste time, break focus, and don't shoot as well. My scores have risen bringing less gear.

Lol. I know who I'm not going elk hunting with.

My first year I carried a ton of stuff I don't need and a half dozen bags. Now I go very light: a game changer and one rear squeeze bag. Everything stays in the truck unless obviously warranted. Now, I'm not gona lie. The truck is full of shit that it isn't likely I'll have occasion to use, but I throw it in just in case.

I bring a bunch of tripods mostly if the match ROs need them and 80mm spotter and binos for the same reasons. I only bring a tripod out on the course if it's absolutely necessary and it almost never is, because usually the match usually supplies an RRS for the stage that allows them, and I almost always just throw a game changer on it instead of using ARCA or a saddle. If it's raining I'll bring my mat and be a hero to the squad, otherwise it stays in the truck. Tons of stuff in the truck, very little on my back. My pack weighs about 20 lbs and the majority of that is water and tools.

I know you're experienced and have been around a long time, but you need a cart I am almost certain you are toting a ton of stuff you don't really need, or only need in certain, narrow circumstances, and then it's so much easier just to run back to the truck to get it if you really need something.

Maybe its a mental thing, but I find that the less gear I'm messing with on the course the more focused I am on dialing, a clean break, and good fundamentals to get an impact. When I try to bring to bring more gear into play I waste time, break focus, and don't shoot as well. My scores have risen bringing less gear.
This is my thoughts as well but like some of the other guys have said everyone has a different approach to everything in life including shooting. Build yourself a decked out match cart OP and drag everything you want to the match then try it with the basics you need with the other shit in the truck see what works out best. If you bring the world to a match or just the bare essentials don't forget how to do everything manually and don't get so dependent on your gear that you cant function without it.

Out west not even viable. Too many matches where we have real field terrain where a stroller would be impossible.

I’m strongly in the camp of simplify and carry less gear, focus on your shooting. Even if you could use a stroller I think it’s beneficial to put your attention on mental preparation for the stage rather than digging through your stuff deciding which piece of gear to use.

This is an interesting thread. Competitors have been using more effective brakes, heavier rigs and advanced bags to help them perform better, but a cart is the line in the sand.

I don’t use a cart, but I can see the advantages for some people in certain situations. I know guys who have crushed multiple vertebrae from falls, worn out their knees from running or just experienced wear and tear from aging where a cart would be helpful for them to complete a match without being in pain the last few hours and the following days.

Will it win them a match? Nope, not at all. Much like a brake or bag, it’s just another tool to help make a match more enjoyable and the brake and bags will likely help the hit percentage far more than a cart.

This is an interesting thread. Competitors have been using more effective brakes, heavier rigs and advanced bags to help them perform better, but a cart is the line in the sand.

I don’t use a cart, but I can see the advantages for some people in certain situations. I know guys who have crushed multiple vertebrae from falls, worn out their knees from running or just experienced wear and tear from aging where a cart would be helpful for them to complete a match without being in pain the last few hours and the following days.

Will it win them a match? Nope, not at all. Much like a brake or bag, it’s just another tool to help make a match more enjoyable and the brake and bags will likely help the hit percentage far more than a cart.
BINGO! We have a winner!
Guys/Gals.
I am a beginner. Only been shooting year, not matches, shooting, I have shot about 5 matches, was last on my first match, that was Jan at Altus, never DQ'd and finish now about 1/3 of the way up.
Anyway, I really don't have THAT much stuff. Two Smediums with different SAND fills and size (Lrg), a tummy/knee bag, a tripod with nocs, a field tri-pod, my pack and my gun and an umbrella. Last match I started on stage 3, which was the left side of the field, (two fields/Ranges) worked my way to stage 9, (right side of the right field) and then had to go back to stage 1 to finish. The three ranges in Florida have been set up this way.
Last sat it was fooking hot. I'd say the stuff to carry is awkward, although the gun is 22#'s I think.
I shoot just fine, no goose eggs last match. I focus on what I need for the stage and get it done. I don't embarrass myself, I'm no expert, not in the top 10, 20 or even 30, but, I ain't last, I am safe, and I enjoy it.
So, if a cart makes it better for me to schelp shit, I'm getting a cart.

If a guy wants to build a cart, build a cart. All the more power to him. Guys need to starting watching their own bobbers, instead of worrying about what every one else is doing. There'd be a lot less drama.

Don't want/like carts? Don't use one. It's pretty simple.

Last edited: