PSA MP5

G-Dog

Private
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2017
They have a couple items coming out this year I’m anxious to get my hands on.

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Belligerents
Feb 5, 2011
USA
I own an SP5k, which is one of my favorite firearms to shoot. My brother and I were shooting this past weekend, he just got a Scorpion EVO pistol. I used to own an EVO as well but sold it after getting the SP. I knew the EVO had a lot of recoil considering it's chambering as a 9mm. However, shooting them side-by-side made my brother give serious contemplation to selling the EVO and grabbing a PTR 9CT.

The EVO's recoil was so much more palpable that it was kind of ridiculous. That roller-delayed blowback does quite a bit in taming that impulse.

I really hope the PSA version is just as smooth shooting. That thing is going to do a lot of damage to the clone market.

bigd081285

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
Sesser
I own an SP5k, which is one of my favorite firearms to shoot. My brother and I were shooting this past weekend, he just got a Scorpion EVO pistol. I used to own an EVO as well but sold it after getting the SP. I knew the EVO had a lot of recoil considering it's chambering as a 9mm. However, shooting them side-by-side made my brother give serious contemplation to selling the EVO and grabbing a PTR 9CT.

The EVO's recoil was so much more palpable that it was kind of ridiculous. That roller-delayed blowback does quite a bit in taming that impulse.

I really hope the PSA version is just as smooth shooting. That thing is going to do a lot of damage to the clone market.
I love all that info u provided. I have a scorpion micro and I dont think the recoil is awful but then again I have nothing to compare it to and I'm also not an expert shooter by no means. Now I kinda wanna try something else lol

Reactions: FALex

G-Dog

Private
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2017
Oh yea? What else is coming I only seen the mp5 and then the cheap 9mm pistol glock clone
I’m also interested in the PSA JAKL, a piston buffer less upper for AR lowers. Expected to be released in 556 and 300 BO.

Scwalker83

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2019
Shooting both a suppressed scorpion and some zenith? Mp5 clone I felt that the mp5s recoil was softer but the scorpion recovered faster. Same ammo in both and using a tri lug mount octane 9 on them. Neither was mine but just an observation.

Anb618

Rear Admiral
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 18, 2017
Planning to buy one and offload my AR9 in favor of it once it’s proven reliable. Can’t wait.

Reactions: bigd081285

bigd081285

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
Sesser
Shooting both a suppressed scorpion and some zenith? Mp5 clone I felt that the mp5s recoil was softer but the scorpion recovered faster. Same ammo in both and using a tri lug mount octane 9 on them. Neither was mine but just an observation.
Thanks. Appreciate that

Reactions: Scwalker83

G-Dog

Private
Belligerents
Feb 28, 2017
Just found about the PS9 dagger, for the price it also looks like fun.

gro

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2013
Oregon
They are also releasing an ak74, and I think a 5.56 ak

Last edited:

bogeybrown

0369/8531
Belligerents
Aug 21, 2012
Chicagostan
Thanks, I had checked their site and didn't see either of the carbines mentioned. Hell, I'm currently only a few miles from their location in Summerville, SC maybe I'll pop in on my next venture out and see what they have in-store.

What else should I be doing while indefinitely laid off but spending money I don't have on guns (nothing new).

atomic41

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 4, 2013
Thanks, I had checked their site and didn't see either of the carbines mentioned. Hell, I'm currently only a few miles from their location in Summerville, SC maybe I'll pop in on my next venture out and see what they have in-store.

What else should I be doing while indefinitely laid off but spending money I don't have on guns (nothing new).
There are great videos from shot show showing their new stuff coming this year. IMO, they have some amazingly cool stuff coming out. Go to Elfster's youtube channel, he covered them well. The Glock clone, JAKL, AK stuff, and the MP5.

buffalowinter

Rick Jones MAJ, SF (Ret)
Belligerents
Mar 17, 2014
Llano, TX
Why wait. I know when most people hear of Pakistan Ordnace Factory (POF) they immediately see a red flag. At around $1300, POF makes an MP5 and MP5K. I bought an MP5 to add to my collection of weapons that I used in Special Forces during the cold war. I went ahead and SBR'd it. The POF is made under license from HK, and it shows. I added original HK accessories. The HK retractable stock fit perfectly. The HK foreend light fit perfectly. The HK claw mount with a Hensold scope required a couple of quick passes with a file on the mounts' lugs. Zeroed perfectly. And now the best news...this thing functions flawlessly and is incredibly accurate. I zero at 37 yards so that I just hold center of mass and can hit everything between 25 and 300 yds. I can easily hit a reduced silhouette at 200yds with this...every time...and that's shooting steel cased TULammo. I know it sounds like bullshit, but it's true...I was truely surprised. I forgot to mention that the gun runs flawlessly. I was so impressed that I bought the MP5K also...the bane of my existence in phase two of the Q course. And, I know it sounds like more bullshit, but this thing consistenly hits at 200yds with TULammo also. This too was SBR'd and has a suppressor. Oh, and I was shooting the steel using a fence post as a rest and a vintage Aimpoint 5000 ca. 1990 for a sight. The only criticism one could possibly have is that the finish appears to be some type of semi-gloss epoxy coating. I don't work for POF and have nothing to gain, I just found it refreshing to have a seriously nice gun from a place I would just as soon...well, enough said.
1585510379663.png

atomic41

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 4, 2013
Why wait. I know when most people hear of Pakistan Ordnace Factory (POF) they immediately see a red flag. At around $1300, POF makes an MP5 and MP5K.
I appreciate your review and I have definitely thought about that one. If you go watch one of the shot show videos where they walk you through the PSA version, you will see why I'm waiting. The features that they are including balanced with cost (not a final price yet but they are swearing it will be decent), make the PSA a no brainer. The welded on pic rail, improved and changeable front sight, trilug barrel make it worth it. I'm drawing a blank right now but there were more features.
Besides, I've waited this long for an MP5...I can wait a little bit longer.