• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA MP5

They have a couple items coming out this year I’m anxious to get my hands on.

I own an SP5k, which is one of my favorite firearms to shoot. My brother and I were shooting this past weekend, he just got a Scorpion EVO pistol. I used to own an EVO as well but sold it after getting the SP. I knew the EVO had a lot of recoil considering it's chambering as a 9mm. However, shooting them side-by-side made my brother give serious contemplation to selling the EVO and grabbing a PTR 9CT.

The EVO's recoil was so much more palpable that it was kind of ridiculous. That roller-delayed blowback does quite a bit in taming that impulse.

I really hope the PSA version is just as smooth shooting. That thing is going to do a lot of damage to the clone market.

I own an SP5k, which is one of my favorite firearms to shoot. My brother and I were shooting this past weekend, he just got a Scorpion EVO pistol. I used to own an EVO as well but sold it after getting the SP. I knew the EVO had a lot of recoil considering it's chambering as a 9mm. However, shooting them side-by-side made my brother give serious contemplation to selling the EVO and grabbing a PTR 9CT.

The EVO's recoil was so much more palpable that it was kind of ridiculous. That roller-delayed blowback does quite a bit in taming that impulse.

I really hope the PSA version is just as smooth shooting. That thing is going to do a lot of damage to the clone market.

I love all that info u provided. I have a scorpion micro and I dont think the recoil is awful but then again I have nothing to compare it to and I'm also not an expert shooter by no means. Now I kinda wanna try something else lol

Reactions: FALex
Oh yea? What else is coming I only seen the mp5 and then the cheap 9mm pistol glock clone
I’m also interested in the PSA JAKL, a piston buffer less upper for AR lowers. Expected to be released in 556 and 300 BO.

Shooting both a suppressed scorpion and some zenith? Mp5 clone I felt that the mp5s recoil was softer but the scorpion recovered faster. Same ammo in both and using a tri lug mount octane 9 on them. Neither was mine but just an observation.

Planning to buy one and offload my AR9 in favor of it once it’s proven reliable. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Midwest Optics
Just found about the PS9 dagger, for the price it also looks like fun.

They are also releasing an ak74, and I think a 5.56 ak

Last edited:
To be clear, are y'all talking about Palmetto State Armory? Or a different PSA?

Thanks, I had checked their site and didn't see either of the carbines mentioned. Hell, I'm currently only a few miles from their location in Summerville, SC maybe I'll pop in on my next venture out and see what they have in-store.

What else should I be doing while indefinitely laid off but spending money I don't have on guns (nothing new).

Thanks, I had checked their site and didn't see either of the carbines mentioned. Hell, I'm currently only a few miles from their location in Summerville, SC maybe I'll pop in on my next venture out and see what they have in-store.

What else should I be doing while indefinitely laid off but spending money I don't have on guns (nothing new).

There are great videos from shot show showing their new stuff coming this year. IMO, they have some amazingly cool stuff coming out. Go to Elfster's youtube channel, he covered them well. The Glock clone, JAKL, AK stuff, and the MP5.

I also am interested in seeing it. Im about an hour from Columbia and will def take a ride down when it comes out.

Why wait. I know when most people hear of Pakistan Ordnace Factory (POF) they immediately see a red flag. At around $1300, POF makes an MP5 and MP5K. I bought an MP5 to add to my collection of weapons that I used in Special Forces during the cold war. I went ahead and SBR'd it. The POF is made under license from HK, and it shows. I added original HK accessories. The HK retractable stock fit perfectly. The HK foreend light fit perfectly. The HK claw mount with a Hensold scope required a couple of quick passes with a file on the mounts' lugs. Zeroed perfectly. And now the best news...this thing functions flawlessly and is incredibly accurate. I zero at 37 yards so that I just hold center of mass and can hit everything between 25 and 300 yds. I can easily hit a reduced silhouette at 200yds with this...every time...and that's shooting steel cased TULammo. I know it sounds like bullshit, but it's true...I was truely surprised. I forgot to mention that the gun runs flawlessly. I was so impressed that I bought the MP5K also...the bane of my existence in phase two of the Q course. And, I know it sounds like more bullshit, but this thing consistenly hits at 200yds with TULammo also. This too was SBR'd and has a suppressor. Oh, and I was shooting the steel using a fence post as a rest and a vintage Aimpoint 5000 ca. 1990 for a sight. The only criticism one could possibly have is that the finish appears to be some type of semi-gloss epoxy coating. I don't work for POF and have nothing to gain, I just found it refreshing to have a seriously nice gun from a place I would just as soon...well, enough said.
1585510379663.png

Why wait. I know when most people hear of Pakistan Ordnace Factory (POF) they immediately see a red flag. At around $1300, POF makes an MP5 and MP5K.

I appreciate your review and I have definitely thought about that one. If you go watch one of the shot show videos where they walk you through the PSA version, you will see why I'm waiting. The features that they are including balanced with cost (not a final price yet but they are swearing it will be decent), make the PSA a no brainer. The welded on pic rail, improved and changeable front sight, trilug barrel make it worth it. I'm drawing a blank right now but there were more features.
Besides, I've waited this long for an MP5...I can wait a little bit longer.

I just have to resurrect this one, anyone hear anything new on the PSA5 post COVID? Will they still release in 2020. I really want one :cool:

I haven’t heard anything, but imagine PSA could sell all the new release guns they could possibly make and get out the door. Not some. But all. 😅

Reactions: eugevita
I haven’t heard anything, but imagine PSA could sell all the new release guns they could possibly make and get out the door. Not some. But all. 😅
As tempting as it may be to push products out, I think they know they need to prioritize thoroughly vetting the products before getting them out to the public. It wouldn't surprise me if all of these product aren't pushed into a 2021 release because of everything going on.

Reactions: G-Dog and eugevita
As tempting as it may be to push products out, I think they know they need to prioritize thoroughly vetting the products before getting them out to the public. It wouldn't surprise me if all of these product aren't pushed into a 2021 release because of everything going on.
Thats kind of what im guessing as well.....

Quality and functionality is critical to keep any new product from being anything more than a flash in the pan. 2020 demand is insatiable, but a quality product in 2021 is better than half baked now.

Reactions: Bakwa
Isn't PSA coming out with something to compete against the brn-180. I think its the Jakl?
yes indeed! the JAKL looks pretty cool! The PSA5 is what we really want though! I have also heard great things about the AK-E which is already out!

Reactions: G-Dog
The PSA mp5 variant has been in the works for years and keeps getting pushed out. I would guess with everything going on that they're probably full steam ahead with current offerings, so I wouldn't hold my breath. On top of that I would be extremely hesitant to buy any early production guns given how difficult mp5s seem to be to produce. On the surface they're just stamped sheet metal, but the reality of production is that they require a significant amount of skilled labor to weld and fit them together properly, vs something like an AR where you slap a block of aluminum on a CNC machine and press go. A number of companies have tried and failed to build them successfully.

If you're in the market for an mp5, I would give a serious look to POF, PTR, or Atlantic, which at least have a track record. Zenith and the SP5 are both awesome but unavailable for a reasonable price. My best bet is the PSA offering will be at a similar price point to my previous suggestions by the time we see it.

Reactions: eugevita
Any further insight on the psa mp5?
I haven't seen an update in almost a year. There was some discussion that when/ if it came to market it might not be roller delayed, which would be a deal breaker. If you're set on having an mp5 I'd look at PTR as they're relatively available, and the price isn't crazy (at least compared to a Zenith or HK). Mpx is a solid option if you're just looking for a 9mm pcc and aren't after the nostalgia factor.

Reactions: disla82
I've been trying to wait for this but not sure I can hold out.
Same. I did go and get two PSA AK V 9mm, while completely different they are fun to shoot. Not bad on the wallet either at less than 1K and mags can be had for as little as $13.99. However, they are never in stock and you basically have to stalk the PSA website to get one.

Reactions: Anb618 and disla82
Meh seeing how their initial AK release went ill wait. I'd rather have the SP5 if it ever becomes available again.

I'm hoping WBP releases more import options at a decent price. Their AK's are nice.