• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ptg one piece bolt?

Do you have to modify the stock for a straight handle?it is for a model 700

IMHO a mini 16

I have had a couple and PTG bolts are very nice. My most recent is one if my favorites, its very tight but oh so smooth. Its just going to get smoother and slicker once the Cerakote breaks in.

Have a 1-piece on a custom build and just got a notice that another shipped from PTG. Like C Dixon said, the swept handle will rap your knuckles on a vertical grip/mag chambering combo. I still use the swept handle because of familiarity and aesthetics. I have sold my factory bolts for near the price of the PTG upgrade. Hard to beat that.

I just got my LRI Group buy back a couple of weeks ago that I had a PTG bolt with straight handle for. Works with the Manners T4, I just had to sand a bit at the front of the bolt notch for it not to touch.

Have a 1-piece on a custom build and just got a notice that another shipped from PTG. Like C Dixon said, the swept handle will rap your knuckles on a vertical grip/mag chambering combo. I still use the swept handle because of familiarity and aesthetics. I have sold my factory bolts for near the price of the PTG upgrade. Hard to beat that.

+1 sell the old bolt and get a ptg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk