• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pulled the Trigger..My 1st long range Project!...5R ..Baby!

KUDA

General Spike
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Western ,NC.
Ok
IMG_7088_zpscc7cd236.jpg
Here we go
I bought my project gun
Got a Like new Remmy 5R.10 th aniv model..24*
100 rds through it
Have the Wyatts DBM set up
The scope...
ordered it yesterday
Vortex Viper pst
6-24x50 FFP
Griffen rings
Mk 4 base
300 rds of FGMM to start..lol

This is gonna be a Combo type weapon for me and my son
Predator hunting and range toy
I plan on having the barrel cut at 21 or22 /thread it and a brake added
still needing a good Bipod
a good brake
and a good Trigger

And a Good stock..I really like the Manners T5
it has an xmark in it with a ernies spring i it
havent shot it yet..but the po says its nice

any advice as to what to look for i n these items?

IMG954578_zpsf2385c2d.jpg

Last edited:
Trigger. When I got my 5r GAP tossed the xmark and fitted and tuned an old style 700 trigger to about 2 pounds, and it made all the difference in the world. Try the xmark first, it may be nice, but I am not a fan. Anything Manners will be a nice upgrade, and the A5 is one of the best. Maybe a stock pack to get the comb up for a better cheek position, it helped. Shoot it, you may be surprised by the accuracy. Range report when you can.

Nice
I like the look of an 18"
been thinking about that also

The X mark is worked a bit
I guess I really wont know till I get it to the range
4 days till I get my scope..
I may end up going 18 on the barrel
will that affect it much at say 400 yds?

I cant see us shooting farther than that....but who knows

Last edited:
Nice pig gun. I did say to try the xmark first, but I am biased. I much prefer the old style Remington trigger, and they aren't much cash. If your having it cut down and threaded, your smith will likely have some old style Rem triggers laying around. Try them both if he will let you, and decide for yourself. Like Diver said its not a Jewell or a CG Jackson (my favorite), but they will both work well in hunting rifle. 18" barrel will get you quite a ways past 400, so go for it if that's what you want.

What about the 40x?This is a different trigger also?
Timney510?
Anybody have an extra laying around..lol
I will ask my smith..but Im not sure wben Im even gonna do the barrel chop
Kinda tapped after buying the rifle and scope this week..lol

Had to sell a couple pistols to pull that one off....And keep the WIFE HAPPY
Im gonna set it up qith what I have now...take it to the range and see what it will do

Last edited:
Its decided
Gonna drop off at the smith
Cut it to 18'
thread it
Need a Nice brake

Any advice???? also gonna do the bolt handle...Good ones???

Guys
Im wanting to change out stocks
I have the factory 5R stock and bottom metal
Any idea of what I can ask for it?
wanna sell and forward funds toward new stock
Its mint and can pass for new

as far as a new stock
any Ideas of a good one out there ..Without braking the Bank??
I love the manners T5 but cant afford it right now
I have to do all of my upgrades on a tight budget for a while
Little at a time..lol

Diver...What brake is that on ur pig gun?

Last edited:
I just bought a T4 and T5A for a 16" coyote gun. The T5A is by far my favorite stock. If I could wait a while, I would have loved to have Terry Cross's Sentinel stock. On a budget get the Bell and Carlson. Honestly I threw my OEM Rem stock in the trash and gave my bottom metal to someone who could use it.

The stock and bottom metal are Way to nice to trash!

I like the T5 best so far too
Havent got my hands on one yet,But a buddy has one and I will be able to fondle it this weekend

I had a R&D Brake on my 5r and it helped with the muzzle rise quite a bit.

Ok
Went to the Smith today
PF customs in Asheville,NC
Gonna get the barrel cut,But I think Im gonna do the bolt knob myself
I will look into the R&ds

Gonna get the barrel cut,But I think Im gonna do the bolt knob myself

Unless you 100% positively know what you're doing and have a lathe and know how to make a jig to properly hold the bolt while you turn it down and thread it then you should pay somebody who knows what they're doing. If you fuck up you just ruined your bolt and will either have to pay more to have it fixed or buy a new bolt and have it headspaced.

I can't tell you how many hack jobs I've seen because because somebody with a file and tap and die set thought they could do their own.

It costs a whopping $60 on average to have it done right, there's no reason not to. If that's too much money, KRG is your friend and is actually a nice knob.

I bought mine Here on the Hide!
Good deal I think
Gave $1200 with the Wyatts DBM
Its Mint with 100 rds through it

Unless you 100% positively know what you're doing and have a lathe and know how to make a jig to properly hold the bolt while you turn it down and thread it then you should pay somebody who knows what they're doing. If you fuck up you just ruined your bolt and will either have to pay more to have it fixed or buy a new bolt and have it headspaced.

I can't tell you how many hack jobs I've seen because because somebody with a file and tap and die set thought they could do their own.

It costs a whopping $60 on average to have it done right, there's no reason not to. If that's too much money, KRG is your friend and is actually a nice knob.

What he said, either have Chad do it and take advantage of his group buy or one of the other great smiths on the hide.

Harris 6-9 notched legs
Timney trigger
APA "little bastard" brake
McCrees chassis (to stay in your price range)

Edit to add: KRG bolt on bolt knob. I'm running one on my KRG W3 and it's $20 well spent.

Last edited: