• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pullup Routine?

Re: Pullup Routine?

Used p90x method for absolute begginers I put a chair off to the sife of my non dominant foot. Just enough to semi comfortably put the ball of my foot on the chair without worry of tipping it. Then I put 30% of my weight on the chair and knock out reps. People that could normally only do one should try for 5-10, the goal is put less % of weigjt on the foot suport untill you can eliminate it completely. On your last rep hold and fight it all the way down. Protein shake after, enjoy getting fit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The point was wearing or not wearing gloves doesn't make you a hard individual. Taking care of yourself is just smart. You can shred yourself up and be smart about it. </div></div>

Hold on, just to set the record straight I never claimed to be a "hard individual" or that because I am dumb enought to do pull ups untill my calluses rip off makes me that way. My only reason to post that picture is that some people ask "how can I get better at pull ups", like there is some magic trick. My point is to pull the damn bar! Did not mean to start anything.

By the way I always did at least 20 on my PFTs as well.
-Semper FI

Pull-up ladder
Once a week. Most of the time it was my Monday workout.
1 pull-up
2 pull-ups
3 pull-ups
4 pull-ups
5 pull-ups
4 pull-ups
3 pull-ups
2 pull-ups
1 pull-up
This is one set…do it 3 times. A total of 75 pull-ups.
Switch your grip with each set. The entire first set palms facing away from you. The entire second set palms facing towards you. The entire third set is your choice to mix it up, even use a mix grip on some of them. It works well with a partner. That way you are not resting too long or too little. Don’t expect to get through the first set by yourself the first time you try this. But it is very important to do all of the reps. Use a partner to spot you or get a big rubber band or something to help you do all of them. Keep this in your workout plan and you will eventually get all 3 sets done without issue.

Weighted Pull-up - Negatives
Can be added into another workout for another body part.
Add weight (via vest or belt) and jump up so your chin is above the bar. Lower yourself as slowly as possible.
Start with just one set of 5. Work your way up to doing 4 or 5 sets of 5. At some point you shouldn’t have to jump.

Lat pull downs, Rows and Biceps curls.
Once a week
Sit on the Lat pull done machine and start with at least your own body weight (bw).
Bw x 10
Bw+10lbs x 8
Bw+20lbs x 6
Bw+30lbs x 4
Bw+40lbs x 2
Bw+30lbs x 4
Bw+20lbs x 6
Bw+10lbs x 8
Bw x 10
Then move to the row machine and do the same thing.
Bw x 10
Bw+10lbs x 8
Bw+20lbs x 6
Bw+30lbs x 4
Bw+40lbs x 2
Bw+30lbs x 4
Bw+20lbs x 6
Bw+10lbs x 8
Bw x 10
Then grab a straight barbell with whatever you might be able to handle at this point.
20 curls with a wide grip
20 curls with a shoulder width grip
20 curls with a narrow grip
Don’t put the bar down. Don’t take any rest in between the different grips.
Now you’re done.
At first, your hands will fail before your arms will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone share a good pull up routine with me? Have a PAST that I am trying to get ready for and my pull ups are my weakest event. </div></div>

Just do pull-ups....every time you walk by a bar, jump on and do a set.