• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Punch list for repairs

Lowlight could you update my post count should be a little over 800 thanks, it is good to be back home

Last edited:
I still have the same "stuck" view in the LEO section. Sucks as mine worked on here, scout let me look but not post, and I had it all back here the first day or so only.

I still have the same "stuck" view in the LEO section. Sucks as mine worked on here, scout let me look but not post, and I had it all back here the first day or so only.

Not for nothing, some of you "guys" are bitching and whiny... I have changed at least 1000 user post counts, among other things, so rather than give me time to get around to stuff, posting over and over is not doing anything but aggravating me ...

PS your Mil section access is fixed ....

Bitchy and Whiny, whiny and bitchy - like a bunch of old ladies who's tea is cold

Posts on both sites: 1390 (currently showing 206 here)

I don't have "permission" to delete any of my posts, for some reason. The option to do it is available, but the permission is denied when attempted.

Thanks

I'm sure you will be cranky and yeah, I saw where you told people where to change their own post counts. Not that I care much about those. This is a lot of time you've decided to put back into the forum, and I for one are glad you stuck to your word. You did say that if Scout didn't work out you'd put SH back up, and you did it.

It sucked because my access at Scout was somehow screwed up and I eventually gave up on it. Unless there's something in the section missing, its the same result. I'm stuck on three old threads and a permission issue.

I'm not cranky, the tea isn't cold either. I merely came back a few days later and got the some result.

Attachments

• IMG_2402.PNG
    IMG_2402.PNG
    87.5 KB · Views: 18
add the thread string to the bottom of the page like it is on top, I dont know the geek description but the top of the page has, HOME, FORUM, TEAM ROOM, BEAR PIT, this way we can jump at the bottom of page as well as the top. just my 2 cents, loving the whole transition Frank, thanks for this.

I need my post changed. That's what i had with the scout site.
Rating: 3.0/5 on all sites
Title: Sergeant
Thanks 6brman

Frank, if I can be bitchy and whiny too, can you check my access to the LEO section as well? And in another post, I offered my help, if you can use it. Thanks for all the work your putting in!

@Lowlight

Is there anyway we can get notifications turned on in tapatalk? There is not a "notifications" options for snipershide as there is in other forums in tapatalk. Notifications were working in tapatalk a couple years ago...but I assume they were turned off when we switched to scout. It would be awesome if they were back on and working again. It would make tapatalk much more usable.

Thanks for all of your hard work. This no doubt has been a nightmare for you...especially since it has all fallen on your shoulders. I appreciate the forums and have been glad to be a part of them the last several years.

Premium Subscriptions:
SnipersHide.com Total Access Pass
Order #: 8312903
Order Date: January 7, 2017 at 2:47 pm ET
Recurring Period: Annual
Anniversary Date: January 7, 2018 at 2:47 pm ET
Annual Charge: $99.00

Post count a whole 8 on the scout forum

Thank you.

Lowlight... When I view the site as a general viewer I see what appears to be all pages such as motivational pic thread (1194) (or close to it) but when I use my regular login I only see about 454 pages...what's up with that?

Hey LL, first, Thank You for updating my post count from the scout site to here! Whenever you get a chance is it possible to update my Joined Date too? If so my join date is (1/6/2016)... Thanks again!

Lowlight, will you please transfer my post count from Scout? I had 143 post from that site. See below. Thanks!

Rating: 2.9/5 on all sites

Last edited:
Not sure if i am a dumb or if it is Tapatalk but i am not able to reply to for sale adds. It appears to be fine in other sections like this one. Not sure if this is a post count issue because I am new to the new old site.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm sure you will be cranky and yeah, I saw where you told people where to change their own post counts. Not that I care much about those. This is a lot of time you've decided to put back into the forum, and I for one are glad you stuck to your word. You did say that if Scout didn't work out you'd put SH back up, and you did it.

It sucked because my access at Scout was somehow screwed up and I eventually gave up on it. Unless there's something in the section missing, its the same result. I'm stuck on three old threads and a permission issue.

I'm not cranky, the tea isn't cold either. I merely came back a few days later and got the some result.

Try logging out and back in, otherwise your account is more than likely corrupted some how from the upgrade and it's not accepting the change

Not sure if i am a dumb or if it is Tapatalk but i am not able to reply to for sale adds. It appears to be fine in other sections like this one. Not sure if this is a post count issue because I am new to the new old site.

You should be able to reply just not post new ads ... not sure what tapa talk is doing, as I said this weekend I am gonna reset a lot of the permissions to see if anything is cleared up now that the site is being used.

But most of these individual permission errors are not easily fixed ... it's a delete account and start over issue with some of them. There was some damage to the server a year ago when they had a hardware failure not sure if that is part of it, the upgrade from 4.2 to 5.2 the list is too long

Everything seems to work for me.
Tapatalk and computer.
I did have to reset my password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two requests...

Right now the "subscriptions" page is slow to manage. I just cleared out 30ish pages of old subscriptions. Only 10 subscriptions are shown per page, and there are no bulk actions available like a "select all" button and a "delete" button. You have to click "unsubscribe" on each subscription manually.

It would be nice to have the following options:
1. a "show X subscriptions per page" option to show 100+ subscriptions on a single page rather than the current 10 per page
2. bulk action checkboxes and a "select all" button similar to the PM inbox/outbox
3. a bulk "unsubscribe" button that would perform the action on all checked subscriptions (tied into #2 above)

Similarly, on the Private Message inbox/outbox I'd like to see another "show X messages per page" option. Right now the PM inbox/outbox shows 20 PMs per page, and while the PM page does have bulk actions, bulk check boxes, and "select all" bulk actions it would be nice to be able to show 100+ PMs per page to quickly delete old PMs rather than the current method of clearing them out 1 page / 20 messages at a time.

Thanks Frank!

I am 79steeler on the old site( this site) but would like to change my name to the one I had on scout. Suckmywinmag, also can my avatar be moved and my post count was 571. Thanks. If I can do this myself let me know how. Thanks

You should be able to reply just not post new ads ... not sure what tapa talk is doing, as I said this weekend I am gonna reset a lot of the permissions to see if anything is cleared up now that the site is being used.

But most of these individual permission errors are not easily fixed ... it's a delete account and start over issue with some of them. There was some damage to the server a year ago when they had a hardware failure not sure if that is part of it, the upgrade from 4.2 to 5.2 the list is too long

Ok i will play around with it a little bit. Like i said it could be me. I was looking at it a little closer and the reloading px worked fine, just as it is in this thread. I also am able to start a new thread in all of the px sections and i am new to new old site. Not sure if that is right or not.

If it is required to post in the sale adds my post count on scout was 106 and joined on 3-2-16. If it dont matter i dont care about the post count just want to be able to sell.

Frank, thanks for the hard work and patience with all us computer illiterate whine asses.

Thank you for doing this frank.

Scout site username: RenoMD

I'm probably totally missing a menu in a different place, but I haven't been able to see the setting to show threads in reverse post order (newest posts first, going backwards from there).
One other question, would be is the subscription sign up active? I was looking for the details on it as per the instructions on the front page link, but can't find that option for the paid subscription in my settings.
Thanks!

Frank, When I click on a thread, I can only access page 1. When I click on page 2, it reloads page 1.

Frank, can you please update my info?

Rating: 3.9/5 on all sites
Title: Gunny Sergeant

Thank you, sir! The new site rocks BTW!!

Frank, I noticed that Google search results that link to "forum.snipershide.info....." (and there are a LOT of them out there) do not take you to the thread. Instead, the links all take you to the new SH home page. Not sure if you're aware or if there's a fix; but its definitely a bummer. Prospective new members that may find us via a google search may not stick around to find out what a great resource SH is, since the information looks to be unavailable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Frank.. below are my stats from the scout site.. please update post count when you get a chance.

Username: BPdoubleU

Rating: 3.1/5 on all sites

Frank, can we get a black or muted down optional forum style for those of us who happen to work nights? Would be much easier on the eyes.

Try logging out and back in, otherwise your account is more than likely corrupted some how from the upgrade and it's not accepting the change

No change after logging out, I even changed my password to make sure I didn't have have a device signed in that I forgot about.
Still just the same three threads. The odd part is that it worked the first day I came back, before I contacted you via the message function. Unless that was before the upgrade you did, then that's another variable.

Frank, two things when you have time.
1. please update my post info

mercracing
  • Title: Gunny Sergeant
  • Rating: 3.6/5 on all sites
2. When I log into the site from my phone and try to reply, I touch in the reply box but it doesnt pull up the keyboard for me to respond. The whole box for text, all the way down to the cancel button below the text box gets highlighted for a second but nothing happens. Thanks!

Lowlight,
could I please get my account updated. Stats from Scout are:
joined 11-1-14
391 posts
same user name (TMR137)

thanks

Anyone else having issues loading the Motivational Pic thread. For me, it tries to load and I end up with a blank page.

Could I please get post count updated to 251.Also I get a yellow error flag every time I open a thread.If I change settings to 40 threads per page it will show it as changed but revert to way less when I return to the forums.Thanks for all your work for the shooting community.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but most of the threads with voluminous content has issues loading. On the mobile platform it makes it nearly impossible to post. Specifically, the GAP-10 thread in the semi-auto subsection.

Sent PM but not sure if it's working. Still testing my permissions.

Please add my Scout posts same username

Rating: 3.8/5 on all sites
Title: Gunny Sergeant

Looks like you can only clear your notifications from one device. I have three, but only my work computer allows me to clear the notifications.

I am not updating Join Dates... nobody is looking at that stuff...

Back at it today, after a few days moving my office to a different room.

Inbox is full again after being manageable, so be patient i am working on it.

Doing some refinements and permission checks in the background

Frank, two things when you have time.
1. please update my post info

mercracing
  • Title: Gunny Sergeant
  • Rating: 3.6/5 on all sites
2. When I log into the site from my phone and try to reply, I touch in the reply box but it doesnt pull up the keyboard for me to respond. The whole box for text, all the way down to the cancel button below the text box gets highlighted for a second but nothing happens. Thanks!

You're phone is blocking the cookies, we addressed this with the iPad problem, you have to turn on the ability to read the cookies