• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Punch list for repairs

So let me get this straight. If we punch Maser, we can repair him?

For Fuck Sakes...

I am doing this as a favor and on top of that I am dealing with a shit ton of stupid people who cannot follow rules...

I cleared out a 180 notifications and Private Messages on top of posts asking to change shit, and every day I get 40 more at a clip

here is a news flash, I still have to work on the site on other areas, I am 1 Fucking persons you selfish whiny Fucks...

Excuse me I didn't jump on your post count, I missed the part where it mattered to me or anyone else

let me guess, you have some shit to sell ?

No I don't have shit to sell, I do like having the option to buy shit if I want. Pardon me for asking. Wasn't trying to shove a stick up a hornets nest..

P.S. thanks for the account update

Well that will get you what you want. I am pretty sure you don't need any kind of post count to buy stuff. Oh and the stick wasn't shoved in the hornets nest until now, and you would be lying if you said you weren't trying this time.

Well that will get you what you want. I am pretty sure you don't need any kind of post count to buy stuff. Oh and the stick wasn't shoved in the hornets nest until now, and you would be lying if you said you weren't trying this time.

Maybe just a little..

Frank, I'd like to sell some things in the px. I have 100 posts but I just joined here this month. On scout I joined 9-16-2015. Is there any way you can change that? If not, I can wait. Thanks.

The subscription option looks to be working. I was able to sign up & got a confirmation receipt from PayPal.

It's not communicating back to the board, so the subscription is charging but not adding you to the group, I have to do that manually so there is a delay ...

I had someone look at it, but we can't figure it out because the test stuff from this side is working, I have feeling Pay Pal is not sending the return information as I cannot reference the transaction here on the board.

Tried to PM Frank because of no response to the following before...I get logged off (won't send)

I keep getting kicked out every couple minutes
also,
can't see entire thread...most pages blocked- when not logged in, see all thread

it's not my system-- zero issues with any other site.

So forum.snipershide.info is now redirecting to snipershide.com. It does not seem to handle URLs in the same way so the google results no longer work. Is there any way to undo that? There was a fair bit of useful information there even if it was old.

That "old" information is the current information now. Snipershide.info is this site, just at it's new (former) address.

Google will re-index the site, just have to give it some time here while the dust settles. You can use the built-in search function here also.

There was a fair bit of useful information there even if it was old.

Not to over-generalize, but just about any useful information on the Scout site was already here in the original site. And 98% of the questions asked to the forum on the Scout site are sure to be asked within the next two weeks on this new/old/original site. That's my opinion as a professional lurker for several years.

When convenient, can you please update my information from the scout site.

USER: monkeybiz192
Rating: 3.0/5 on all sites
Title: Corporal

Thank you

Sup frank,

Just signed up on the new sh. User name is brettb740. Please adjust post count to 68. Also, I was a premium member at scout (just joined!) and had paid for a one year subscription. Would like the same here on the new hide. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks

Hello. Thanks for managing the site for our use.

I am having issues replying to topics. Not posting new threads but replying. The only section that I am having issues with consistently is the Accessories PX. Other sections are intermittent which leads me to believe its not a permissions issue. I have tried clearing the browser stuff on my side.

SIDE NOTE: If things have calmed down on your end, could you bump up my post by +84 please.

Thanks much.

No issues since Posting. Thanks again.

Last edited:
If you could help out... I decided to not ask for a post count modification and waited to hit 100 here with my new screen name. I'm at 101 and it is not allowing me to post in the PX section.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you could help out... I decided to not ask for a post count modification and waited to hit 100 here with my new screen name. I'm at 101 and it is not allowing me to post in the PX section.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Issue resolved. Thank you.

This question is directed to anyone who actually knows the answer, not just Frank. Because it is of minimal priority (none at all)...but:

FWIW, I was able to 'like' posts (bottom right corner of each post) if I wanted to, and now I cannot. I don't know if I changed something, nor do I know what to change or where to change it. Anyone know what happened, or.... what I gotta do to fix it?

This message shows up: "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

no reasons listed after the colon, just a OK click button. And yes, I am logged in.

Reactions: 1J04
Funny, because mine just started working this morning (I got the same error as you most of last week). Using Chrome browser and Win 10 and Win 7

I have been on this site for a lot of years. I have been happy with it throughout all of the changes.
This site is where I learned how to use these communist keyboards and e-mail and other such shit, but I don't know how to put up a picture yet.
I think I was #23 or #24 in the pecking order of things back then. 2001 or thereabouts.
I must have had a few Article 15s as to post count and rank and all of that shit.but I don't give a FUCK.
Why get butthurt over a post count or rank?
Hang in there Frank, I know you are working hard.
Regards, Foul Mike

Strange, I have been able to "dismiss" all the "notifications" I get up until today but now when I dismiss them, they disappear only to immediately return after I go back to read any particular post.

Same thing happens to me. (Cant Dismiss Notifications)

Much of this is browser related for whatever reason I have not put my finger on.

Guys with errors will switch to say, FireFox and it works ...

Its' a setting, like it blocking the cookies to controls what happens. We use cookies, I suppose I can turn them off but I don't believe you will stay logged in

Guys, FYI

I am just closing and deleting private messages that ask, "how do I get my scout posts back"...

I don't need to discuss it, just give me a number and I do it. I have 100s to do, and I have the list caught back up (for this week)

I go in, adjust every thing, I get out and move to the next guy, if I have to go back and forth for information I am just blowing past it

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Much of this is browser related for whatever reason I have not put my finger on.

Guys with errors will switch to say, FireFox and it works ...

Its' a setting, like it blocking the cookies to controls what happens. We use cookies, I suppose I can turn them off but I don't believe you will stay logged in

Well, somehow it seems to be working now (Dismiss Notifications), but I didn't do anything, so I guess you got it!

I just noticed an issue with trying to send a PM. This is the message I get.

1f2d775a8bb3a1deeb2dbc5aa04b1069.jpg

Since the day after my first hide post in the new member section "Lurker from Wisconsin"
ive been unable to view anything in new members. At first it said I wasn't authorized to view the page and now it shows only "Lurker from Wisconsin" as the only topic in the thread. When I click on it to view posts I'm just rerouted to the forum home page. I still get notifications of posts but am unable to view them and having tried everything I can think of bogeybrown suggested I leave a concise discription here. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure if this was covered in the 10 other pages of people bitching about post counts.

I keep getting this message on different threads pop up. are yall kicking me out already?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

PS: keep up the hard work Frank. i bet you never thought you would be a babysitter when you wanted to start a shooting forum.

I am not sure why the permission error keeps popping up... I may have to pay vBulletin to check the system as we did not touch anything and this random permission error is really annoying

We did change a cookie name because we found it maybe conflicting with the WP side, but otherwise we didn't change anything

I get an error when I try to subscribe to a forum.

Error:
  • Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page (no_permission)

I've been using Chrome on one computer. I cleared everything and logged back in and still the same error. I tried from a different computer using IE and still the same error. I've never accessed SH from the other computer.

Thanks Frank, that seemed to fix it for me. appreciate the help. back to babbysitting.

Following up, only 2 issues so far:
My "like" still isn't working. It was, and then about a week or so ago, it stopped. Another here said his started working about the same time mine stopped. Thoughts?

I keep getting "notifications" to subscriptions that I've never subscribed to. (knowingly or willingly) and I can't for the life-of-me figure out where or how to turn it off.
---yes, I've found the 'notifications' page, and have clicked those that I want, and unclicked those that I don't want.... and yet I still am getting irrelevent and pointless notifications. That don't make sense to me.

Minor in the course of things, but just trying to kick things up a notch. I will add though, that things ARE much better here, than under someone else's thumb.

Following up, only 2 issues so far:
My "like" still isn't working. It was, and then about a week or so ago, it stopped. Another here said his started working about the same time mine stopped. Thoughts?

I keep getting "notifications" to subscriptions that I've never subscribed to. (knowingly or willingly) and I can't for the life-of-me figure out where or how to turn it off.
---yes, I've found the 'notifications' page, and have clicked those that I want, and unclicked those that I don't want.... and yet I still am getting irrelevent and pointless notifications. That don't make sense to me.

Minor in the course of things, but just trying to kick things up a notch. I will add though, that things ARE much better here, than under someone else's thumb.

follow LowLights instructions 3 steps up. Worked for me and I was having the exact same issues.

parshal I change the arrangement of your permissions as it seems like they were carried over from the upgrade.

This sometimes fixes it, and I suggest logging out and back in.

A lot of these permissions errors are so random it might be a minor corruption from the upgrade I really can't say.

I just paid for advanced vBulletin support and I am gonna ask them go through the site

Checking to see if my post count is updated.

Edit: Lowlight, any chance you can add my 190 posts from the Scout site? I posted in this thread awhile ago
and I also sent you a PM. Now for whatever reason I'm locked out of the PX even though I should well past the 100 post count limit. Thanks.

Edit2: Thank you sir

Last edited:
I think I have the registered user trying to reply in the PX issue fixed... there is some random security issue popping up... but this time it appears to have taken, at least I hope... i

If you have less than 100 posts, or are recently logged on here from Scout see if you have a reply button to a For Sale ad... you will not have a post new topic button but should have a reply button. My test account is working

I change the arrangement of your permissions as it seems like they were carried over from the upgrade.

This sometimes fixes it, and I suggest logging out and back in.

I'm not sure if you already changed the arrangement or not but I did log out and back in and still same error when I try to subscribe to a forum. I have been able to subscribe to individual threads since the change back to this forum, though.