• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Putting the Falcon Menace to the test!

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
This should find the weak spots...
laugh.gif

0304091400.jpg

0304091401.jpg

Re: Putting the Falcon Menace to the test!

Sweet. Looking forward to a post. Hopefully not 1 minute later after the first shot.
smile.gif

All I put though it today was 8 rounds to sight in the scope. I'm going to get some more ammo and hope to put about 10 more through it @ 100y. I want to be good and sure it's going to hold it's zero before I take it out further.

So far so good, the last 3 shots I fired were all on top of each other! I know 5 shot groups are the rule, but at 6 bucks a round and running out of ammo. I bent the rules...
grin.gif

For the record, I asked Robert Snyder if this thing could hold up to the fiddy, and he said run it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falconoptics.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All model types are factory and real world tested to a recoil standard up to and including .338LM.

</div></div>

So has this falcon gone where no falcon has gone before?

Take the brake off, that'd be a better test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take the brake off, that'd be a better test.

</div></div>

I'm just not that mad at myself...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We Bama boys can handle it, take it off.
Roll Tide.

Mike </div></div>

"We"???? You gotta rat in your pocket???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take the brake off, that'd be a better test.

</div></div>

I'm just not that mad at myself... </div></div>

Then don't call it a test. <YAWN>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take the brake off, that'd be a better test.

</div></div>

Actually, the brake stresses the optics a lot more than shooting w/o brake. The rifle first starts to recoil, and then the recoil is reversed at much faster pace...

No way jose, I ain't that guy... I just have another one that gave me some sass this weekend, I was able to straiten it out before the match, but I'm just not dicking with cheap stuff no mo. Ordering another USO.

i thought it was ghost writer? so quick to hate. your add will kick in soon and ill be ready.

No rifle can test a scope like a heavy recoiling handgun. Mount the scope on a 454/300gr Ruger SRH or a 45-70 TC Contender. If the scope survives 300 rounds it will survive any rifle except an spring/piston airrifle..

but that begs the question why someone would scope a handgun in the first place. yuk!

Dear God that thing is wicked! Now I can ask a question, considering that this beast is capable of accurate sighting way beyond the barrel's own capability: What is the farthest distance that you could consistently hit a man-sized target in the torso? How much difference between using a match grade cartridge and something average off the shelf? I'm really wondering...

Settle down man, it is only a joke. I found the pic a while ago and put it my bullshit folder.

I highly doubt the pistol even fires, as all that extra weight on the slide would keep things from working properly . . .

to bad, that would be fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but that begs the question why someone would scope a handgun in the first place. yuk! </div></div>

It's not about scoping a handgun. It's about testing a scope.

Well, it would fire once though at least, right? But now that you mentioned that it's not yours, I can see things with a bit more perspective. I keep forgetting that just because someone would build something doesn't necessarily mean it will work. Figured if someone from this site even showed that (assuming it was his) that it had to work, but now it does look like a slide-stopper and a scope-killer. Still wouldn't mind knowing the answers to my questions, applied to a target pistol with a pistol scope, that is. I'll go find out in a target pistol forum some other time.

Sorry. This did't turn out well. My point was that you can mount a riflescope on a heavy recoiling handgun and shoot 200 rounds. Then mount the riflescope on a rifle and check if the scope still works as intended. A late friend of mine, who was a well respected gunwriter, often tested scopes this way without telling the manufactorers. The result were sometimes quite interesting.

Mounting riflescopes on a full auto HK G3 is also an interesting test. I actually had two S&B 1,5-6x42 "sniperscopes", espesially made for the G3, fail in less than 500 rounds each. I used to practice on "double tapping" with the selector on full auto.

I sold the scope anyways, so the test has been concluded before it even began.....

This makes sense, I understand completely. Put the device to a test of measure it would not normally see, the cream rises to the top, and you know what is going to last under normal use. I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean?

overkill.jpg
</div></div>

hmm.

needs a bayonet.

and a grenade launcher.

and an adjustable length of pull and adjustable cheek piece underfolding-collapsing stock that holds spare batteries for both the EOTech and the PVS-14 that also need to be mounted.

And it also needs to hold spare mags.

and a spare bottle of Bug Juice.

and a camo stick.

and a spare filter for your gas mask.

and some pogie bait for when you get hungry.

I know I'm forgetting something ....

Ya fergotted da bipodski, monopodski und da slingen strapen thingee.