• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
All just sad to me since my new gunsmith, takes less than 24 hours to get back to me on any stupid email I send him, had my barrel done in 2 weeks from him getting it and it is the best shooter I have ever had..... and he is a one man shop, that pumps out quite a few rifles

Feel better, now??? Lol

13 months since the deposit was made for order number 2240. Coming up on 11 weeks since I paid in full and haven’t hear a word since lol. Shit happens in business but what really sucks is all the excitement I had about getting this rifle is gone. Got tired of waiting and bought a TL3 in a Foundation from Core 8 months ago and this rifle has tuned into an afterthought.

Just received shipment notification for order 2137 for JHR 6.5 CM. Projected arrival May 9th...
I got really excited about them getting the Bravo LH stocks milled out, then I started reading everyone's order numbers so I looked at my order number (3118) and realized that I should harbor my excitement, reset my expectations (that I may get my rifle in May), and forget about it entirely so as to avoid disappointment. ;)

I got really excited about them getting the Bravo LH stocks milled out, then I started reading everyone's order numbers so I looked at my order number (3118) and realized that I should harbor my excitement, reset my expectations (that I may get my rifle in May), and forget about it entirely so as to avoid disappointment. ;)

Don’t pay any attention to the order number. It only means that you ordered yours after Last Chance. That’s it.

I ordered just a barrel from them December 13, 2018. I was quoted 12 weeks when I ordered it. At 12 weeks, I called and was told it would be late April or early May. I called again for a status update today and was now told they’re scheduled to start on it in June sometime. I asked about getting a return for the $650 I paid for the barrel so i could go somewhere that would meet their own timelines and was told there would be a $200 restocking fee! I’m under the impression there’s no barrel to restock so how can there be a fee? I get that there have been issues with their barrel supplier but 6 months seems insane. I can’t imagine waiting over a year for a full rifle.

Reactions: Jeeper48
5 Weeks ago they were up to April 2018 and still telling people new orders are 16 week wait. Their math doesn't work.

Very reminiscent of the Snipers Hide Group Buy fiasco about 5 years ago. At least they are shipping some rifles.
Every retail seller is at the mercy of suppliers.

Your right, but from my understanding they didn't have a supplier problem last September. If they really intended on finishing my barrel in the 10 to 12 weeks they quoted, they would have had to order it well before this problem. I also talked to them a week after I made the order. They made it seem my barrel would be on time if not early. PVA Math weeks = months, but I hear they do good work.

Your right, but from my understanding they didn't have a supplier problem last September. If they really intended on finishing my barrel in the 10 to 12 weeks they quoted, they would have had to order it well before this problem. I also talked to them a week after I made the order. They made it seem my barrel would be on time if not early. PVA Math weeks = months, but I hear they do good work.

Just want to update everybody on the order number. I am order # 3067 JHR (308) RH, ordered on August 11, 2018. Received notification for final payment last April 11, 2019. Shipped on May 2, 2019 and is now in my FFL custody. Hope that gives some reassurance that PVA is still working hard to get all orders completed. I got more update reading this thread than anywhere else, I know it is a lot easier for me to say be patient and just wait for it because I already received mine. This is my first time delving with a bolt action rifle, I guess this rifle does not come with a magazine. Can somebody recommend what else I need to get to have this rifle ready to shoot?

Just want to update everybody on the order number. I am order # 3067 JHR (308) RH, ordered on August 11, 2018. Received notification for final payment last April 11, 2019. Shipped on May 2, 2019 and is now in my FFL custody. Hope that gives some reassurance that PVA is still working hard to get all orders completed. I got more update reading this thread than anywhere else, I know it is a lot easier for me to say be patient and just wait for it because I already received mine. This is my first time delving with a bolt action rifle, I guess this rifle does not come with a magazine. Can somebody recommend what else I need to get to have this rifle ready to shoot?

Look at MAGPUL mags AICS style, American rifle Company, and AI AICS mags are good to good. Those are what I would try.

Reactions: linohawaii
Wow, you ordered 6-mos after me and I'm still waiting. I was told my order was not affected by the supplier issues. Not sure how priorities are set but you'd think a RH SA Nucleus barreled action in 6.5CM is fairly common. I was told a month ago it was shipping within two weeks. No matter how you batch this up going dark on comms is unacceptable.

@bohem - Suggestion, don't take the final payment until you are ready to ship as this seems to be industry standard. Otherwise, you may compromise your reputation and future sales.

Wow, you ordered 6-mos after me and I'm still waiting. I was told my order was not affected by the supplier issues. Not sure how priorities are set but you'd think a RH SA Nucleus barreled action in 6.5CM is fairly common. I was told a month ago it was shipping within two weeks. No matter how you batch this up going dark on comms is unacceptable.
pretty sure JHRs have always been before BAs

pretty sure JHRs have always been before BAs

Says who? I guess an email stating "it will ship in two weeks" means nothing because JHR's are a priority. Sounds to me like my order is funding the JHR builds if this is the case. @bohem tell me this isn't so.

Last edited:
Says who? I guess an email stating "it will ship in two weeks" means nothing because JHR's are a priority. Sounds to me like my order is funding the JHR builds if this is the case. @bohem tell me this isn't so.
32 pages of this thread show that to be the case

Everyone that has paid, have you sent all of your FFL info to PVA? I'm sure most of you have but I'd wager there are a couple of people still needing to send the FFL stuff. Just a thought.

Everyone that has paid, have you sent all of your FFL info to PVA? I'm sure most of you have but I'd wager there are a couple of people still needing to send the FFL stuff. Just a thought.
Yup. My info was sent on February 11th. Still haven’t heard anything which isn’t a surprise.

It's been 2+ weeks since I've been here to write an update because I've been working on getting things out the door. So has everyone else. We got the LH conversions done for the Hancocks so the LH rifles are shipping now too. The level of process development on the production side has been very good and the output of work we are doing has never been higher. We are working hard at getting these all done. We're 309 barrels further along than we were the first week of March and the barrel supplier is getting us another crate of 100 or so in about 10 days.

A note on FFL's. As I've said several times in here before, we cannot handle the logistics of chasing down an FFL. There is FAR too much to do getting these rifles and barreled actions out the door to make multiple phone calls and emails for a lot of the orders. This week 12 rifles shipped that had been sitting here, packed and ready to go for at least 2 weeks. Every one had a tag "Awaiting FFL". It took Rick ALL DAY to track down the FFL's for 12 orders. That's not a feasible pathway to continue.

This is not a new revelation as we've been saying it for many months. Anyone know who the FFL is for #2240? We're now almost 2 hours of Rick's time invested in trying to get an FFL for that one in particular and I can't relegate Rick to making phone calls and chasing down an FFL any longer. It's a massive waste of time that stops him from getting other orders out the door.

Orders are generally going FIFO. If parts are here to complete an order that's younger than an old one we need something for then it doesn't seem to make sense to keep 2 folks waiting. We're getting orders out as quickly as possible, the machine shop side is outpacing the polishing/lasering/packing.

We're getting there but we're not going to cut quality corners to slap shit in a box and send it. So far the performance has been unanimous, these rifles are hammers. I don't plan to change that by letting pressure to ship faster outweigh the 2 levels of QC in place.

Yes, no surprise to anyone we're getting beat up on this. We will get through it and make sure everyone gets everything they ordered at the quality ordered. When we're through the backlog the website will shortly start carrying "in stock" barrels and finished Hancocks. We won't be offering pre-orders on anything like this again.

PS - The LH conversion shown is on my repainted stock, we're not doing painted stocks as a general deal. I test fired the stock and it shot no differently as an ambidextrous version than the original one does. Groups are still excellent.

Attachments

• LH JHR 1.PNG
    LH JHR 1.PNG
    790.2 KB · Views: 148
  • LH JHR 2.PNG
    LH JHR 2.PNG
    904.7 KB · Views: 151
PVA should spend zero time on chasing FFL's down. When they request final payment, if they don't have it on record they could include a note. Also it wouldn't hurt when they received FFL info from someone to acknowledge it with a email. I had mine sent some time ago, but who knows if they actually have it.

You guys could send a link with final payment that is forwarded to FFL to send info like ARC uses.

That system worked really well for me.

The red rifle while a bit loud for my taste looks pretty good!

You guys could send a link with final payment that is forwarded to FFL to send info like ARC uses.

That system worked really well for me.

The red rifle while a bit loud for my taste looks pretty good!

Another recommendation might be for PVA to do what brownells does and let you select a local ffl at checkout. I ordered a couple of lowers from them, and it was super seamless. Just picked who was close to me, and the order was tied to the ffl. I didn’t have to gather any information etc. might mitigate the buried emails of people responding to them as I can attest I’ve sent tons of update requests in the past on a different subject. I will say that my barrel is bad ass, although I had a 5 month wait on it. I’d also be happy to help assist in streamlining logistics @bohem .

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
My FFL's info was sent twice once in August 2018 then and again in March 2019. Got an email response that FFL was received and confirmed.

Reactions: Jeeper48
Another recommendation might be for PVA to do what brownells does and let you select a local ffl at checkout. I ordered a couple of lowers from them, and it was super seamless. Just picked who was close to me, and the order was tied to the ffl. I didn’t have to gather any information etc. might mitigate the buried emails of people responding to them as I can attest I’ve sent tons of update requests in the past on a different subject. I will say that my barrel is bad ass, although I had a 5 month wait on it. I’d also be happy to help assist in streamlining logistics @bohem .

Bigcommerce says they don't support that system. We asked about a year ago, they may do it now. If you're able to help us implement it I'm happy to have the assistance, thanks!

Bigcommerce says they don't support that system. We asked about a year ago, they may do it now. If you're able to help us implement it I'm happy to have the assistance, thanks!
just do what ARC does, setup a dedicated FFL email in box, have it automated to request the ffl by whatever trigger you want, and then if the customer doesnt follow your directions, they will learn to.

If you're interested I would be more than happy to work with you to try and help you implement a similar system.

I've worked with multiple different e-commerce platforms for a local gun store (primarily Shopify, 3dcart, and Woocommerce) and have some level of familiarity with how their shipping systems usually work. I also have experience building webpages and using databases.

I have an idea that could help streamline the process for adding an FFL to an order that requires it. It would utilize the "status_id" parameter that already exists for every order placed on BigCommerce, alongside the Orders API for Bigcommerce. It would simply require the modification of existing order statuses (or creation of new statuses) to have one status for "FFL Info Required". My solution assumes you already have an "FFL Required" product category.

It would be a script that you would run on a separate computer with internet connectivity that must remain on for it to function (the free option). Alternatively you may instead host this process with a service such as Google Cloud Platform (if you host on the Google Cloud Platform, using the us-central1 region will minimize latency since that's where the BigCommerce store is hosted). It would also have a web page component where the customer would be able to select their FFL.

The final outcome would look something like this:
  1. Customer places order for an "FFL Required" category item (initially entered shipping address doesn't matter here)
  2. A script is used to check for new orders, adjust the "status_id" parameter of FFL required orders, and send out an FFL confirmation email to the relevant orders
    1. When first initialized, the script is given the current highest order id (so it knows where to start looking)
    2. Every 1-5 minutes the script will use the Order API GET command to pull all orders above the current highest order ID
    3. The script cycles through these orders, using the Order API PUT command to adjust the order's "status_id" parameter
    4. "Customer Email Notifications" setting on the BigCommerce site must be set to notify on "Status change to FFL Info Required"
    5. Custom template for this notification email should be created which gives the customer a link towards/button to open the web page for selecting their FFL.
  3. Customer uses the web page to submit their FFL information
    1. Webpage host (either the computer or the hosting service) has a database that's initially populated and later updated using the most recent complete FFL list in .txt format from the ATF website (currently this is data from August 2018)
    2. Webpage asks for user's order ID (given in status change email) or automatically populates the order ID based on clicking the link from the email
    3. Webpage asks for the zip code of the FFL they wish to use, then the user clicks the "submit" button
    4. Webpage searches the database for all FFLs within that zip code and displays the results to the user (Business name and address) with an "FFL Not Found" button at the bottom of the results
    5. User selects their preferred FFL holder, or clicks the FFL Not Found button
    6. If the user selects their preferred FFL holder from displayed options
      1. Webpage uses BigCommerce Order API to check that the order number given has a status_id corresponding to the FFL Info Required status (error displayed if this is not the current order status, does not proceed beyond the error)
      2. Webpage uses BigCommerce Order API to update the order's shipment information to the mail address and business name of the FFL
      3. Webpage saves FFL information and order ID to a second database in the backend, which allows PVA staff to easily retrieve the information for your own acquisition and disposition record (could even put it in a nice printable format and automatically print it for you if you wanted)
    7. If the user selects the FFL Not Found button
      1. Webpage uses BigCommerce Order API to check that the order number given has a status_id corresponding to the FFL Info Required status (error displayed if this is not the current order status, does not proceed beyond the error)
      2. Webpage prompts user to send an email to PVA with the copy of the FFL (or do whatever your current FFL submission process looks like)
      3. Webpage uses API to update the order's status_id to correspond with the "Manual Verification Required" order status on BigCommerce (or whatever status_id is appropriate if you've already customized the order statuses available on BigCommerce)
This could help you provide a better customer experience while also streamlining the backend of things for you. No longer do you have to manually handle all the FFL stuff, you'd only have to manually handle situations where the FFL the customer wants to use isn't available in the ATF's complete listing of FFLs (new or recently amended FFLs).

Feel free to shoot me a message if you might be interested in working together to create a system similar to this. I can talk to you about questions you might have or work out some of the details if I know a little bit more about how you currently process FFL submissions.

A note on FFL's. As I've said several times in here before, we cannot handle the logistics of chasing down an FFL. There is FAR too much to do getting these rifles and barreled actions out the door to make multiple phone calls and emails for a lot of the orders. This week 12 rifles shipped that had been sitting here, packed and ready to go for at least 2 weeks. Every one had a tag "Awaiting FFL". It took Rick ALL DAY to track down the FFL's for 12 orders. That's not a feasible pathway to continue.

Unfortunately, I think mine, while not one of these, caused PVA the same problem...My FFL refused to give me his FFL ID...Saying PVA had to contact him (via email???). I tried to explain this was silly, but...But, for me, all things that end well, in the end, are good...I'm VERY impressed with my new JHR!!! Yes, worth the wait!
MyJHR.jpg

Just another observation or two...Of course, the JHR B/A is superb, that is a given...I've started to 'assemble' my finished rifle, adding an ARCA rail and Geissele two-stage trigger...I love the Nucleus action!!! I'm very impressed with the KRG Bravo chassis, also...Solid! Great ergonomics and I find the cheek piece more than just adequate...All in all, a very fine rifle, this JHR...The final proof will be when I get around to shooting it!!!MyJHR.jpg

Reactions: bohem and heffsdm
Welp finally got my ba in. And not happy with it.... I asked for 1/2x28 theads on my 223 ai barrel and I got 5/8x24.... going to be fun finding a break that works on that.... not to mention the barrel taper is not straight at the crown. It does a weird taper at the end. The thread cap is to large. Dont know if I even want to send it back probably take 6 months to fix..... so much for their we will not speed up our production and compromise our quality. Soooooooo disappointed waited 16 months for this and they cant even get it right.

Welp finally got my ba in. And not happy with it.... I asked for 1/2x28 theads on my 223 ai barrel and I got 5/8x24.... going to be fun finding a break that works on that.... not to mention the barrel taper is not straight at the crown. It does a weird taper at the end. The thread cap is to large. Dont know if I even want to send it back probably take 6 months to fix..... so much for their we will not speed up our production and compromise our quality. Soooooooo disappointed waited 16 months for this and they cant even get it right.

Bummer.
They could easily recut it.
Area 419 makes a nice break that would work with those threads

That’s a bummer man. Any pictures?

I'm not sure I find the thread protector to be that big of a deal. I mean realistically, how much time is it going to spend on the rifle if you're putting a brake on it? Now if you'd asked for a blended brake & got that, well that would not fly. I wonder if PVA uses a pre-made thread protector & just spin them on after the threads are cut & that's it.

However, 5/8"x24 threads on a .223 kinda sucks, I'll give you that. Mistakes get made, hopefully PVA can get you fixed up to your satisfaction.

I’ll answer that, his thread caps are generic I’m pretty sure. Mine came with one even though I didn’t order but he said he does it for shipping security on every order.

I can definitely see an advantage from a suppressor standpoint. I've not looked, but I'm guessing .223 suppressors with 5/8" threads are pretty common, or you run a .30 cal / 6.5 suppressor... Just don't get those mixed up!

I also prefer and have 5/8-24 threads on my 223. Unless you want to run AR15 muzzle related accessories, the 5/8-24 makes life a lot simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.