• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order number doesn’t really mean anything. Your number may be 300 after the last guy that received a JHR, but you may be next in line. PVA’s order numbers are sequential for all orders, rifles, barrels, brakes, tripods, etc. So, looking at the last guys order number has no real bearing on where you stand in line.
Yes Sir, I understand that but my thought is that if someone received their rifle and their order was 3100 and mine is 3118 I feel like Im close...

Just noticed PVA doesn’t list nucleus barreled actions on their website anymore.
I noticed this a bit ago and Josh's comment of an announcement next week has been making me go Hmmm. Action change for the JHR?? Not sure how all that atf variance stuff works though so if that's possible.

I noticed this a bit ago and Josh's comment of an announcement next week has been making me go Hmmm. Action change for the JHR?? Not sure how all that atf variance stuff works though so if that's possible.
Wouldn't be surprised if there is a change in actions. With ARC having prioritized their own sales to non pre-order retail customers over fulfilling Josh's pre-orders, If I were Josh I'd have been looking elsewhere. ARC also seems focused on the new actions so maybe they're not that interested in supplying the Nucleus.

Also contacted PVA and asked them to make these 2 barrels without the Barloc cut (I had originally ordered it with shouldered barloc cut). But the email ship notification shows it's a "BAR_PF_NUC" so i'm confused.

We didn't change the order SKU's we just updated the notes and took the barloc off the cut tags in production.
If you can send me a PM with your order number in it I can pull the details from our barrel SN tracking system and verify what they were cut, but if you're getting them now and requested no BL then it's highly unlikely they are cut with a BL unless they had already been cut that way before the request.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a change in actions. With ARC having prioritized their own sales to non pre-order retail customers over fulfilling Josh's pre-orders, If I were Josh I'd have been looking elsewhere. ARC also seems focused on the new actions so maybe they're not that interested in supplying the Nucleus.
Agreed. I'm looking for another action and although I like my Nucleus and it checks the boxes I want, I'm not sure the next one will be a Nucleus. It just seems, to me anyway, ARC puts out a product and is onto the next big thing before even finishing what was started. Kinda like Ted said a new follower for his magazines was coming soon how long ago?

We didn't change the order SKU's we just updated the notes and took the barloc off the cut tags in production.
If you can send me a PM with your order number in it I can pull the details from our barrel SN tracking system and verify what they were cut, but if you're getting them now and requested no BL then it's highly unlikely they are cut with a BL unless they had already been cut that way before the request.

@DDRH65CM
"BAR_PF_NUC" = Barrel Prefit Nucleus in our SKU's...that's all.

Yes Sir, I understand that but my thought is that if someone received their rifle and their order was 3100 and mine is 3118 I feel like Im close...
This was essentially the way I was thinking about it. #3158 getting more and more excited the more I see orders shipping!

Last edited:
Reactions: dustinb50
Just dipping in here to say that my Hancock is still shooting like a laser and I should be ready for a new barrel by the end of autumn at this rate.

Easy to develop loads for, have settled on a spring weight and primer. Loving the gun. Now if only I could actually find time to get out and shoot!

Anyone have a photo of what a shouldered Barloc cut barrel looks like? How far back away from the breech is the should cut?

Also a non-Barloc barrel photo? Pls post.

For those of you still waiting on your John Hancock, be patient. It’s worth the wait. I’m getting more and more giggles the more I shoot it. It just gets better and better. This rifle will flat shoot.
Shot this 5-shot group about three hours ago at 100 yards. 140 gr ELD-M, 42.2 gr of H4350, Hornady Brass and BR-2 primers...with a Magnetospeed hanging on the barrel.

ZR3d9PXl.jpg

But.... you missed.....

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Barloc cut?

Attachments

• IMG_20190702_211204.jpg
    IMG_20190702_211204.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20190702-212837.png
    Screenshot_20190702-212837.png
    385 KB · Views: 164
  • GQfqvlM.jpg
    GQfqvlM.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: JeffLebowski
Does anyone know where we are with order numbers on JHR’s? I’m 2370, ordered last April, lefty 6mm creed.

Reactions: dustinb50
they posted on FB that they were having internet/phone issues and ATT was supposed to be there ASAP to fix them.

Reactions: character0
Just got my shipping notice. 29 weeks. I'm just glad it's on its way and I can get shooting this weekend.

Reactions: Steel head
Got my Nucleus BA today. Got a timney 2 stage installed, and set in a KRG X ray. Also mounted the Razor HD gen 2 in some seekins 1.26 rings. Could easily go lower but not sure I'll bother. Plan to run a few rounds through it tomorrow.

Got my Nucleus BA today. Got a timney 2 stage installed, and set in a KRG X ray. Also mounted the Razor HD gen 2 in some seekins 1.26 rings. Could easily go lower but not sure I'll bother. Plan to run a few rounds through it tomorrow.
No pics?

;)

@toxic did u use 2 washers for the front action screw?

I'm picking up my Nucleus action today (hopefully) and its going on a Whiskey 3 Chassis. Instructions says to use 2 washers for Remington action.

Would just like to confirm its the same case with other 700 footprint actions...in tis case the Nucleus.

Thanks!

@toxic did u use 2 washers for the front action screw?

I'm picking up my Nucleus action today (hopefully) and its going on a Whiskey 3 Chassis. Instructions says to use 2 washers for Remington action.

Would just like to confirm its the same case with other 700 footprint actions...in tis case the Nucleus.

Thanks!
I only used 1.

Is there supposed to be a washer on the rear screw as well? instructions I saw online showed one, but none fit.

Thanks! I'm about to assemble it. Going through instructions again, it says only " a washer is not used for the Tikka T3 Chassis" photo shows 1 washer. I'm assuming thats for a 700 footprint.

Wish they would just state it.

@toxic i used 2 washers in the front and 1 i the rear

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_180956.jpg
    IMG_20190817_180956.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 105
I took it apart and added another washer to the front even though I didn't need to. A washer wont physically fit in the rear. Not sure if its improperly sized or what. It's a "blem" chassis but cant even tell its blemished anywhere though. I'll email KRG about the rear washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.