• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rlb40x

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Hey guys, I picked up a PVS 30 refurb.
The paper work says 4.74 resolution, is that a good number? Also I think it's 1928 FOM if it's the four digit number on top of the scope.
I've been searching several ways to find info on the location of the FOM digits, and what are considered good resolution numbers but no luck yet. It wasn't listed on the sheet that came with it.
It looks a little worn, the logo and the on off aero are about rubbed off, and it has the smooth on- off knob so it may be an older one. The lenses look scratch free and clean.
Any help on how to read the numbers would be appreciated, thanks.

1928 is high for a refurb. 2500 would be SOCOM shit and the highest tube rating of anyone I know is 2800.

Thanks.
I'd guess since these are refurbs, the 1928 on my plate info was probably for the original unit specs, not after rebuild.
im out of town working so I haven't put it in front of a day scope yet, but the image looks good the little bit I've checked it out after dark.
Now I need a good short scope to use with it. Most of my good ones are pretty long and take up a lot of space.
I'm thinking 3-18 or something similar.
Once I got it in better light, the logo and body don't look as worn as I originally thought. I think I got a pretty good one.

Did they replace the tubes in refurbs? Or switch them between each other?
I'm not sure if the tubes were replaced or not. I've searched several forums, but couldn't find much info, other than reviews.
I guess it really doesn't matter, I'll just use it, it's not like I would sell it because of low specs anyway.
I mainly wanted it hoping for better PID than thermal past 200 yd's, and I'm sure it will do that.
Thanks for your input.