• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PWS MK114

Re: PWS MK114

Well, I'm getting a Mk114 and this thread is what sealed the deal. While I have experience with other long guns such as the AK, FAL and G3, this will be my first AR. After a year of comparing various systems, both DI and piston, I have chosen PWS. If Paul Howe, Larry Vickers and Dmack think PWS are high quality rifles, then that is good enough for me.
The PWS crew still isn't back from SHOT so I haven't placed my order yet, but when I do I will be purchasing the MK114 w/ Triad flash hider as well as a Geissele SSA trigger. Cheers to Dmack for his advice, hopefully I will be seeing him out on the range with my new PWS!

Well, PWS is backordered 6 to 8 weeks on the MK114 and MK116. Luckily, I was able to get the last MK114 that Hawktech.com had in stock.
They have one MK116 left in case anyone in here is looking to purchase...

APW... it was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone yesterday. When you get your rifle in, let's meet up and go turn some gunpowder into noise. I will let you put some rounds through my MK214 as well. Just be warned... to shoot a PWS rifle, is to buy one.

You will not be disappointed.

Cheers!!

I would like to address an issue that I have seen on several internet forums out there. I don't get involved in the other sites, I have chosen Sniper's Hide as my home, and have for some time.

One of the issues that people raise... is the fact that the PWS Charging handle is captured on the operating rod that locates the Gas Piston system.

First off, PWS spec's the VLTOR Gunfighter (Bravo Company) charging handle... which is considered one of the best in the industry. I know I have run them on ALL of my rifles... LONG before becoming associated with PWS. It is a tough piece of kit.

Now, coming DIRECTLY from PWS... they have not had more than a handful of the charging handle latches break. These have been on the MK2 series rifles, and have most likely been attributed to the operator of the rifle, not returning the charging handle to the "latched" position before slamming the bolt home. Spade, is a spade.

Now, due to the fact that there is no "MILSPEC" standard per se on the AR10 platform, some bolt catch latch ramps are steeper than others, and have caused breakage in the charging handle.

Not saying this could not or has not happened in the MK1 series uppers, it's just that it is not reported as often. Can this happen to ANY rifle? Yes.

So, what if your charging handle breaks? It is VERY unlikely, but Murphy is a bitch, and visits us when we least expect it. So... here's the deal. The PWS piston is held by a pin, that is interference fitted to the operating rod... the piston floats on the pin. Yes, you can drive the pin out, but you have to have the proper punch or else you can break / damage the piston.

Like anything... you have to have the proper tool for the job.

PWS is going to manufacture a nice tool (much like an AK sight tool) which will allow the end user to remove the pin, then put it back on.

I have removed mine... and replaced it, just to say I did it. But, I have the proper punch to do so.

In the unlikely incident that you break a charging handle latch... will the rifle still run? Yes. It will.

Can you finish the gunfight and fix it back at home? Yes.

I have run my MK114 very, VERY hard... and have not broken mine. My MK214 has never broken either. Not saying it can't, but I'm saying I have not broken it.

Other than that, there is NOTHING to fail in this rifle. Even if the pin broke, that holds the piston... the rifle will still function.

I hope this puts to rest any issues that people may have.

PWS... EVERYTHING you NEED in an AR, NOTHING that you DON'T.

Cheers!!!

DMack

I got my MK114 in today!
417655_10150504396832761_512377760_8720642_1165817280_n.jpg

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I got my MK114 on tuesday and got a chance to get to the range today. I too prefer the ACOG and run a compact TA33. I put 300 rounds through it today of PMC and brown bear (just to see how steel cased trash runs through it). The thing shoots softer than my other ARs and is very accurate and VERY well balanced and light. I had no failures the whole day except one...

The bolt failed to lock back on last round 13 out of 15 times.

It looks like a standard carbine buffer and spring in there. You guys seen this issue? I was gonna shoot an email to PWS and see what they say.

and here she is::

774_IMG00851-20120125-0123.jpg

EDIT::: it may be the phase 5 bolt release lever. this is the first time ive used this product and only used magpul BAD in the past. I will reinstall original bolt release and test again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucky-Strike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

I got my MK114 on tuesday and got a chance to get to the range today. I too prefer the ACOG and run a compact TA33. I put 300 rounds through it today of PMC and brown bear (just to see how steel cased trash runs through it). The thing shoots softer than my other ARs and is very accurate and VERY well balanced and light. I had no failures the whole day except one...

The bolt failed to lock back on last round 13 out of 15 times.

It looks like a standard carbine buffer and spring in there. You guys seen this issue? I was gonna shoot an email to PWS and see what they say.

and here she is::

774_IMG00851-20120125-0123.jpg

EDIT::: it may be the phase 5 bolt release lever. this is the first time ive used this product and only used magpul BAD in the past. I will reinstall original bolt release and test again.

</div></div>

Try to take off first your bolt release extension and try more rounds.

I have no clue why the bolt is not locking back for you. I have never had that issue... Try running the rifle without the BAD Lever (or whatever the device is called) and see if it continues to do so.

I assume you used several different magazines, so you can rule out a bad follower...

Also, just for information, take out the bolt carrier, lube it well, lube the charging handle, the notch in the upper receiver that it rides in, and take out the buffer / spring and make sure they are lubed as well... I also run a patch down into the buffer tube, and then reassemble. The rifle will feel like the action is on ball bearings.

Glad to hear that your rifle shoots as soft as mine. Most people can't believe how soft it shoots until they experience it.

Let us know if the lever was the issue...

Cheers!

I went with the phase 5 EBRv2 bolt release because its a one piece design, but I'm going to switch back to the OEM bolt release and test on thursday of next week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I wanted to give a big and heartfelt thanks to DMack for putting on a private training class for my friends and me this weekend.

I cannot begin to tell you gentlemen what an amazing instructor he is and how much we all learned.

His teaching on weapons manipulation and transitional shooting were the best and most informative i have ever experienced, but his teachings on the "Warrior Mindset" is what impacted us the most.

When you are in a combat situation and lethal force is required, the mind can be your biggest asset or deadliest enemy. This was really hammered home and something I had put little thought into.

I have learned lessons in two days that I will keep a lifetime and my mind is on fire digesting what this man has given me.

"One mind any Weapon" is not a catch phrase but his reality and once that switch flipped in my mind, my training from here on will be completely different.

I am now realizing the difference between being just a shooter and being a gunfighter.

Again I am so completely Honored to have been able to train under under you and I eagerly look forward to our next session.

Your friend and Humble Student
Don

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don Dunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DMack painted his signature camo pattern on my MK114.

http://3A2F2Fs1051.photobucket.com/2Fs4322FDon_Dunn%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPWSCA3.jpg</div></div>

Here, I fixed it for you.

PWSCA1.jpg

Don,

Thank you for having me come put on some training for you and your group. Thank you all for listening to what I had to say, and digesting it correctly. I saw some great talent in your guys... and I look forward to being the mechanism for learning in the future.

Teaching eager students is what I live to do. I'm also glad you are having a blast with that MK114. They truly are great rifles...

You run that rifle very well. You can have my back anytime.

Cheers!

DMack

Thank you Kill Shot! I am not a big forum person but I would certainly love to know what I did wrong i posting the pic?

Thank You again...
Don Dunn

My rifles arrived safely today, in one piece. Now I can sleep again. :)

DMack, I have a question for you.

I have a RRA CAR-15 and am considering picking up a .22lr conversion kit for it so that I can go out and get some cheap trigger time.

Your excellent reviews of both the MK114 and MK214 have got me considering a piston driven AR. Do you have any experience with using a .22 conversion kit in a piston gun? I'm wondering if it will work the same/work at all given the difference in operating systems.

For what it's worth, I'm considering the type of conversion that consists of just replacing the bolt and magazine.

Thanks!

(Also, regardless of the answer on this, that MK114 is just screaming my name right now, time to start saving my pennies!)

DMack, excellent thread I appreciate the time you took to review the PWS system. I have been eye balling a MK114 for sometime now and after reading about your experiences a PWS will be my next upper.

Stay safe

Chaos_23

I have not used a .22 LR conversion on the MK1 series rifle.

I have run SIMUNITION / UTM through the MK110 / MK114 with outstanding success. These marking rounds are fired using a blow back bolt, so... I deduce that the .22 LR conversion would work. Now, having said that, from what I have heard from folks that ARE using conversion kits (like the CMMG, etc...) they are having magazine issues. This is not an issue with the magazines fitting in the magwell, but it's the magazine inducing feeding problems. To date, I have not heard of anyone using a .22 LR conversion on a PWS rifle. I've seen them used on DI rifles (Stag, DPMS, Colt, etc...) just not a PWS. I personally do not have a conversion either.

My advice is this... check the converstion kit you wish to run. If the kit is a "blowback" design (which they all are, if I am correct) then they will work. Just be aware that due to the nature of the PWS Long Stroke Piston design, the charging handle is captured on the operating rod. I keep a spare charging handle in my rifle bag, for when I use SIM / UTM rounds. I take the complete BCG / Piston out of the MK1 series rifle, and replace with the dead blow / blow back bolt for SIM / UTM and use a spare charging handle.

If you decide to run a kit in the MK1 series rifle, please let us know.

I wish I could answer this more accurately... but, in the end, I have no experience with a .22 LR converstion.

Cheers!

DMack

Rusty762

I'm glad my review helped you decide. I have tried to deliver the most accurate and complete data for the consumer that I can, concerning these rifles. All of my findings are factual, and based on "real world" use.

My round count on the MK114 is not inflated, and is not done by standing at tables doing magazine dumps... this rifle is used hard, in actual classes.

I dont find PWS to stack their rifles with Fluff and Eye Candy. They build a solid, ultra dependable system, that is intended to be used hard.

The rifle just works. It's light, pointable, dependable and highly accurate.

I like to say, it's EVERYTHING you NEED in an AR platform, but NOTHING that you don't need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucky-Strike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with the phase 5 EBRv2 bolt release because its a one piece design, but I'm going to switch back to the OEM bolt release and test on thursday of next week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

</div></div>

I switched back to the original bolt release and put a magpul bad lever on it. Took it to the range yesterday and tested last round hold open about 40 times. It worked flawlessly. Nothing against the Phase 5 lever, but the tolerances are pretty tight on this rifle in this area. On my DI guns I can pull the BCG back past the bolt catch with about 1/2" of room to play with, while the MK114 only seems to have about 1/16".

I can say that this rifle shoots phenomenally. I dont even know why I bother to clean it after shooting 3-400 rounds as the BCG doesnt even seem to get fouled up at all.

I was dead set on a Larue 7.62 PredatAR as my next rifle, but now I'm leaning toward the MK2 series from PWS. I'll be following Dmack's writup on it.

Thanks!

Ok, aparently the "secret" is out. Ten out of Ten HARD USE dudes prefer the PWS MK1 and MK2 series rifles. I hoped to keep this a closely guarded secret of those in the know, but it's out now.

On to more serious things. As you have all figured out... I am a trainer. I take training VERY seriously. I am in the business of providing men and women in uniform, with life saving tools to add to their tool box, that will save their lives in a gunfight. I can not rely on fancy methods that will disappear in their darkest hour.

We had an issue on the range this Friday. I was not there for this evolution, for I was off doing other things, but this is the gist of the AAR (After Action Report).

During our Cover Drill (Carbine Course) we had a shooter experience a Negligent Discharge. Some call it Accidental Discharge, some call it Unintentional Discharge, whatever the vernacular you choose, he sent a round down range without meaning to.

Here is the issue.

The shooter was using a rifle that was not his own. The rifle had a MAGPUL BAD Lever installed on the bolt release, and it was installed correctly.

The shooter has a BAD Lever on his personal rifle, but admittedly, is not completely skilled with it's function.

The shooter had been running "up" drills, reaction drills, etc... all day with zero issue. When the shooter was introduced into a sensory overload scenario, high stress, shooting from cover type drill... the shooter engaged targets from cover, and ran his gun dry. He was now at bolt lock back, and had to perform an emergency magazine change.

With external stress being induced, the shooter changed magazines, and released the bolt with his trigger finger / ala BAD Lever. The lever functioned as intended, dropping the bolt, and loading a new round in the chamber. However, the shooter "hooked" his finger into the trigger well, and created a ND.

This took the shooter by suprise. It took the safety officer by suprise. It took the whole line by suprise.

The shooter finished the drill, and a hot wash was conducted.

The BAD Lever did not "cause" this ND, no more than a SERPA Holster causes ND. What happened was, falure to train to what I like to call, "SUBCONSCIOUS COMPETENCY".

The shooter had not built in the level of awareness into his subconscious, that he allowed his trigger finger to move from his BAD Lever, down to the trigger without raising his muzzle to his target.

This is unacceptable in training, it is unacceptable in combat.

Please don't think of me slamming on the BAD Lever. The lever functioned perfectly. However, the SHOOTER was at fault. He had not trained to the level of compentency requried to operate the weapon system safely under stress.

My own experience with the BAD Lever is what it is. I ran them for a long while, and since I RARELY experienced type 1 or type 2 malfunctions, I mostly used it during training. Once I picked up an AR without the BAD Lever, it was immediately evident. My trigger finger had become accustomed to doing other tasks outside of it's intended mission... launching bullets.

Now, I do not use them. I do SO many demonstrations, I can not afford to NOT be proficient without the lever.

I hope this makes sense.

The take away is this:

Train. Train on your gear. Train it until it is imbedded in your subconscious. Train to the level of subconscious competency. Keep your head in the game, until it is time to remove your head from the game. Train some more. When you think you are ready, keep training.

Now, on to our regularly scheduled programming...

(Spoiler... stand by for a VERY detailed review on the PWS DIABLO).

Cheers!

DMack

When I first saw the BAD lever I was a bit concerned. It seemed to me that having anything that close to the trigger would be a bad idea. That's why I didn't get one, being new to the AR platform I thought it might cause me to learn bad and possibly dangerous habits.

APW,

We are shooting next Sunday. Come with us... I have knowledge to share with you.

Besides the most informative combat training i have ever had, DMack has created a monster by teaching me his camo system.

It's a good thing I do not have Dog to camo, but the children?
KIDS....KIDS....
:)
Triadofpain1.jpg

I did a heck of a lot of shooting with my MK114 the past two days. I changed the ACOG out for a Millet DMS-1 that I am testing. So far, I really like this 1-4x24 optic for the patrol style rifle.

IMAG1167.jpg

Here I am shooting from unorthodox positions, verifying holds...

IMAG1168.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

Changed out the SM556 over to a Triad... so far, I LIKE!!!!

This little rifle continues to amaze me. 500 rounds in two days, not a SINGLE issue.

Cheers,

DMack

I have four uppers from PWS and they run well. I just picked up a 300 black-out, can't wait to try it out.

JYD... are you using the Enhanced Buffer Tube with the uppers?

DMACK,
I am on the 5.56 and 7..62. Did you put one on your 114?

I'm running them on all of my ARs now, except for my White Oak upper... It has the Magpul PRS on it...

I think they're worth it. I don't think the 300 blk out well need one.

JYD, the long stroke piston system works in conjuction with the enhanced buffer tube, and the excellent muzzle devices that PWS makes. I urge everyone that buys a PWS Upper, to spend a wee bit more and get the Enhanced Buffer Tube. They really do work together well.

Are they "needed"? No. But, you can feel the benefit. Even putting the EBT on a DI rifle, you can feel the difference.

v/r

DMack

I am going to put a US Optics 1-4 with the Dual Reticle on this rifle, and run it very hard. I look forward to mating that glass, to this rifle.

There are a few teams that really want to get their hands on this rifle, once I get the USO 1-4 on it.

Battle Axe just got his MK114 yesterday. My plans are... to get side by side with him... using my US Optics SN3 1.8-10 and run some groups side by side. My old "worn out" MK114 and his brand spanking new one. I want to see if there is any change in group size. Identical rifles, identical triggers, only mine has been run VERY hard and his is just starting the abuse cycle...

Stay tuned!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do these rifles have an adjustable gas block for a suppressor? </div></div>

Nope and its not needed. I have ran mine with and without, without a problem.
Chris

The MK 112, MK 114 and the MK 116 do not need an adjustable gas block. The MK 110 runs well with SOME supressors, but it is offered as a MK 110B that does have a different gas block. The MK 107 runs fine so far, with the Brevis Delta P supressor attached.

I would call Stacey and ask about specific supressors and rifle combos. Not all supressors are created equal.

Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The MK 107 runs fine so far, with the Brevis Delta P supressor attached.

I would call Stacey and ask about specific supressors and rifle combos. Not all supressors are created equal.

Hope this helps. </div></div>
That's what I did, talked to Stacey and he told me to run a H2 buffer when suppressed and I should be good to go. Then I called Delta P Designs and spoke to Byron, he spent a lot of time explaining and answering my questions on his products. Said he will warranty his product on the diablo, so I ordered the Brevis 556 compact, looking forward to receiving my MK107 upper and Brevis this week.
-OS3

Finally got out for some trigger time on mine this AM. Temp 25 degrees, windy as hell, and I ffffrreakin' ffffffroze. Platform is a standard MK114 in FDE with a Geisselle SSA Combat trigger.

639-pws4.jpg

There's not much you can add to DMack's excellect review and I didn't experience any previously reported issues. Receiver halves fit tight and feel solid. I pre-lubed everything since it was delivered somewhat dry and everything felt slick and smooth.

I was limited to bench shooting today but sucked it up just to get a close zero on the optics...I'm not convinced I'm sticking these so I wasn't after a gnats-ass zero. I first mounted an Eotech with 3X magnifier and once on paper was able to group 2 inches @ 100 yds. Given the level of precision <span style="font-style: italic">available</span> from a EOTech I was more than happy with that.

Recoil? I almost can't call it that. I was shooting off my pack with pretty much just the weight of the weapon holding it in place and you certainly don't have to worry about catching an ocular in the forehead. Rifle barely moves and I can tell this rig will be a dream to shoot unsupported. Next I mounted a Loopy MKIV M3. As you can tell I was having too much fun to notice I was cooking the top of my bag...

640-pws5.jpg

Once I had a close enough zero I shot the top left 3-shot group, then overcorrected and shot the bottom right group. I should mention here that I was fffffreakin' fffffreezing, downright shivering, and I couldn't feel my fingers so I'm impressed with that...

641-pws6.jpg

I then moved to the next target for a 5-shot group. The stray at the top was from a different string during initial zero...

642-pws7.jpg

Up until this point I was shooting 60gr Hornady TAP and it's a safe assumption that it really likes this ammo. After the 1st 20 rnds it felt a little tight extracting an unfired round so I gave the chamber a quick swabbing. I didn't feel the need to repeat this after this one time.

I then tried some XM193 and Fiocchi Match 69gr and it didn't like either of those and pretty much sprayed them around 3moa. Given it was all I had left I decided to just pump some rounds through it to warm it up and run some thermals after a few mag dumps.

Now this range is not rapid fire friendly but I dumped 30 rnds at 3 sec intervals followed by another at slightly faster at 1 second between. In this 1st thermograph you can see the chamber. Note the spotmeter won't even lock on it and zeroes in on the barrell. Note to the left of the spotmeter you can see the rail area where the piston resides. This was the biggest surprise in that the piston doesn't get very hot...

643-ir-9495.jpg

The hottest thing I gould find was the barrell about 4 inches forward of the chamber...

644-ir-9496.jpg

This stand-off was within 3 minutes of the last and I just put it up for an overall look at heat dispersion patterns. It was so damn cold the rifle was cooling rapidly. You can see the lower span reading in the lower left corner which is likely several degrees above ambient...

645-ir-9499.jpg

Given that I had no rest other than my bag I didn't get too fancy with the thermals since I only have 2 hands. I tried to get a shot of the piston areas but there was simply nothing to see....the piston simply didn't really heat up and even the gas block was relatively cool. I ran the thermals after about 140-ish rounds with minimum cool down once I found zero.

Overall I'm extremely happy with it and I can see that its really going to shine when used in its element...<span style="text-decoration: underline">off</span> of the bench. Weigh/balance feels perfect for me and there's none of the front-heaviness you hear about with some piston systems.

All I can say in summary is that it's a <span style="font-style: italic">whole lotta badass</span> for such a small package. Nice work PWS and thanks DMack for the recommendation!

Gonna shoot a local match with Battle Axe this Saturday... gonna run my WORN OUT PWS MK114 again. This time, I have the DMS-1 optic on it. Will let you all know how it does...

I can't WAIT to get the US Optics 1-4 on this baby...

Stay tuned!

DMack

First, I wanted to say that the thorough testing you guys have done are among the best I've ever seen. I'm a recent mechanical engineering graduate and have a true appreciation for all things high quality, innovative and function. You both really hit the nail on the head in showing that one cannot truly pass judgement and really understand something without putting it through a real test. You wouldn't test drive a used car for 1 mile and deem it reliable would you? Great test guys.

Second, I had two questions specific to the pas mk series of rifles.

1) What magpul stock options are able to be used with these rifles? I read the PRS won't work. If I remember correctly the UBR is similar to the PRS in it's buffer tube assembly. Does this mean the UBR won't work without removing the proprietary tube from the mk series?

2) I read your thoughts on using suppressors with these rifles in your mk214 thread but could you elaborate more about the function of the rifle that has been tuned for suppressor use and being run without one? When I finally can afford to purchase a MK116 I will have them tune it for suppressor use but will want to shoot it without every so often I'm sure. Your thoughts? Will it hurt the gun?

Blaksunz:

Thank you for your kind words... I do not get involved with the whole "Brand X is better than Brand Y" or "DI vs Pison" arguments. My goal, when I set out to do a review of this rifle, is to stay unbiased and as impartial as I could. I vowed to bring factual information forward, and not slant it one way or the other.

In doing so, I have become a HUGE FAN of the PWS Rifles. They just flat work. No fluff. No eye candy. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Now, to answer your questions.

First of all, the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube will augment and improve ANY AR platform out there... DI or Piston. The reasons have been covered in my review here... Now, to the point. Will the PRS or UBR work on the PWS rifle? Yes and No. Yes, if you replace the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube with a standard rifle type MILSPEC receiver extension (buffer tube) and use the PRS or the UBR. I believe, the UBR comes with one, and the PRS does not. No, because the PRS / UBR have to have a standard rifle style receiver extension (buffer tube) and will not work with the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube.

Now, having run rifles with the UBR / PRS and other stocks, I can assure you... outside of aesthetics... you will not need either of them. I get the fact that the UBR is a nice stock... but, I find it does not do anything that the ACS does not do. Now the new ACS-L from MAGPUL is available, to me, it's the perfect compliment to the PWS series rifles. I just like the way they feel and fit. So, in final, if you want to run a PRS / UBR on a PWS Rifle... you have to take the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube off, and use a standard RIFLE style tube.

2. Suppressors... ok, on this topic. Not all suppressors are created equal. The AR-15 benefits from the term "MILSPEC" which means different things to different people. However, there is a general guideline that all AR-15's are judged by. Not so much in the AR-10 world. So, this does not exist with suppressors. One company may have the ultra quiet 5.56 can, which produces "x" amount of back pressure... increasing the gas pressure in the system, speeding up the carrier, and creating other issues. Where the next brand does not produce as much pressure, etc...

I have discussed this with PWS in detail. The MK112 all the way up to the MK116 will ALL run suppressors fine. No need for an adjustable gas block, or any fancy stuff. Just put the can on, sight the rifle in, and leave it alone.

Where you get into issues, is the shorter barrel stuff. The MK110 runs some suppressors fine, while others gives it fits. That's why they came out with the MK110B which has a different gas block on it than the standard MK110. The MK107 functions fine with the Brevis Delta P suppressor, but PWS have not found many other suppressors that function to their high specifications.

So, if you are looking at a MK116 to run suppressed... and plan on putting a PRS on it, to use as a DMR style rifle... I would give you not one, but two HUGE thumbs up. It will run outstandingly. Just add a GREAT trigger in the rifle, mount some very good glass in a good mounting system, and go drive tacks.

I really hope this helped...

Cheers!

DMack

Twelve hours and counting... should be a great match.

It didn't rain, but it was very overcast all day today... what a GREAT day shooting. The MK114 runs and runs and runs.